Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old September 27th, 2008, 06:17 PM
-

Animal Communicators

Next Sunday, Oct. 5th. We are taking Iggy and Rebel to see an Animal Communicator. Ethel wants to know what her boy Iggy thinks and I want to know if Rebel does think

I know a few members have taken their pets to Animal Commicators and would be interested to know their experiences and what impression they got.
Old September 27th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Senior Contributor

I've had 2 animal communicators "talk" to Basil and Streets. Both were pretty spot on and it was really interesting that they both said some things that were nearly identical to the other. I honestly didn't really find out anything I didn't already know, but it was fun and interesting.
Old September 27th, 2008, 06:57 PM
chronically insane.

I imagine it would be pretty neat, but obviously I wouldn't get too caught up in it. As long as it's not too expensive I'd think it would be a fun thing to try. I'd do it with my cats if I knew someone who did it.

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Swift Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn View Post
I imagine it would be pretty neat, but obviously I wouldn't get too caught up in it. As long as it's not too expensive I'd think it would be a fun thing to try. I'd do it with my cats if I knew someone who did it.
Kathryn??? how old are you again?? im with you on this. if i had a few extra bucks id have someone talk to Hunter thats for sure, but i wouldnt take that sort of knowledge about my cats before my own experience in serious matters. for the fun of it though.... totally different matter!! oh did i mention that id need quite a bit extra money??

-ash

Swift Tribe-
Chris- Husband, 04/30/77
Cailyn- Daughter, 07/05/99
Jeffrey- Son, 03/24/06
Alex- Son, 03/25/09
Mister- Black LabX, M, 08/06(?)
The Shadow Stalker- Gray Tux DSH, M, 04/04
The Mighty Hunter- Black Tux DSH, M, 04/04
Baby Girl- Tabby DMH, F, 12/03(?)
Frances- Tortie, DSH, F, 2007(?)
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Flyball Mom

I took a course on animal communication at a local curio shop, it was pretty cool.

We had to do each other's animals. The girl that did Willow was dead on in a lot of things. For eg, she asked Willow if she liked her name, the answer was "I'm faster than that, I'm a ripcord" I got home and said to her "I am not renaming you ripcord" and got barked at like crazy, which she doesn't do if I just say something to her (unless it's 'wanna go....'). It was pretty cool, something Willow would say, she's fast and she knows it.

Same as a psychic though, it's all what you believe.

www.dogster.com/dogs/563959

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd View Post

I used to watch an animal psychic on Animal Planet , I think her name was Sonia. Nice stories , seemed a bit "arranged" but if not , she was pretty good. I would have liked her to "talk" to my dogs as I don't know their past lives , all of them being rescues. Just for fun of course
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:19 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Hmmmmm, wonder what would happen if I showed up with all of my gang? I think I would have more luck having someone come here.

Very neat idea. I am positive you will find Rebel does know how to think. I bet he "tells" the communicator that he loves his mommy sooooooo much!!!! Reb needs to tell his momma that she missed a picture of her favourite little boy though. :sad:

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; September 28th, 2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitgrrl View Post
I've had 2 animal communicators "talk" to Basil and Streets. Both were pretty spot on and it was really interesting that they both said some things that were nearly identical to the other. I honestly didn't really find out anything I didn't already know, but it was fun and interesting.
I'm sure it was interesting Reading the escapades of Basil and Streets Where's that book we are all waiting for?

Quote:
I took a course on animal communication at a local curio shop, it was pretty cool.

We had to do each other's animals. The girl that did Willow was dead on in a lot of things. For eg, she asked Willow if she liked her name, the answer was "I'm faster than that, I'm a ripcord" I got home and said to her "I am not renaming you ripcord" and got barked at like crazy, which she doesn't do if I just say something to her (unless it's 'wanna go....'). It was pretty cool, something Willow would say, she's fast and she knows it.

All Jokes aside - I am really interested in what goes on in Rebel's head. I have had a lot of dogs, but this one has me baffled Obviously, I will make my own conclusions and it's more for the fun of it.

Byrd - I was reading the Dogs, Dogs, Dogs magazine a little while back - there was a photo of a "Willow" with Super Dogs Central - was that your "Willow"? Another dog in there "Bubba" an English Bulldog, lives down the road from us.

Last edited by Chris21711; September 30th, 2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:27 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Very neat idea. I am positive you will find Rebel does know how to think. I bet he "tells" the communicator that he loves his mommy sooooooo much!!!! Reb needs to tell his momma that she missed a picture of her favourite little boy though. :sad:
Should be interesting 14k. Taking a couple of pics yesterday of him, I dropped Ethel's camera and now the shutter won't open
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Ohoh, I did that with mine too!! Not good.
I fooled around with the shutter "doors" for a while and found now that if I start them with my fingernail they will open the rest of the way. But I need to get a new camera. I messed other stuff up in it when I dropped it.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old September 28th, 2008, 11:13 AM
-

I don't want to start tinkering, we bought it last year for Ethel's birfday and I got extended warranty, let's see what that will cover

Back on Topic, Reb was just looking at me, honest he looks Clueless
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Flyball Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Byrd - I was reading the Dogs, Dogs, Dogs magazine a little while back - there was a photo of a "Willow" with Super Dogs Central - was that your "Willow"? Another dog in there "Bubba" an English Bulldog, lives down the road from us.
Yes that's my Willow! I know the owner of the magazine, she's on our flyball team and she needed to fill a page. All those dogs are owned by people on our team. You know Bubba? So does that mean you know Trevor and Tasha?

If you learn one new thing from each person you meet, you will be a fountain of knowledge and your life complete. --Me
Old September 28th, 2008, 06:13 PM
-

Quote:
Yes that's my Willow! I know the owner of the magazine, she's on our flyball team and she needed to fill a page. All those dogs are owned by people on our team. You know Bubba? So does that mean you know Trevor and Tasha?
Yep I know Trevor and Tasha. Trevor used to go to the same school as my daughter, I used to give him a ride before they got their licenses. Tasha used to work with my daughter at the shelter. We are also friends with the parents of Trevor, moreso his Dad, plus they live just down the road. Small world
Old September 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Flyball Mom

Too funny! Tasha is part of my flyball team!

Old September 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM

I took my sheltie to an AC last winter. One of the first things she said was my dog "really enjoyed her level 1 and 2 training." Odd expression as we were doing two levels at the same time as they overlapped by a couple of weeks and I would always refer to them as 1 and 2.

She was out by 5 min on how far we drive for training. And there are numerous facilities closer but we drive about 45 min away.

Some stuff was a bit general or she was good at guessing But I have to admit, my dog wasn't nearly as timid with her as she is with most strangers, so at least this woman had a sense of connection to animals.

I would do it again. She was more accurate with my dog than when I went to a psychic--he was way off. Quite entertaining anyway
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:02 AM
-

I will keep you posted as to what Rebel "thinks"
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM

My Grandmother had an animal communicator come out and talk to her dogs... it was... different. I guess its all in what you believe.

For fun, I'd LOVE to hear what they had to say about Patrón... But I'm with you on the level of "Does he think?"

Foose would say: "I need more catnip, and I should get it EVERY day, and I want NEW litter in my cat box EVERY day, I want there to be dripping water in the bath tub at ALL times. Oh, and please lay a clean fresh shirt out on the bed for me to lay on every day before you leave. Thanks"

Mako: " Please remove the drooling dogs that rub their drooling faces in my soft tummy fur, from the house.. Thank you" lol... ( I need to get a pic of that... Imagine the dog blowing raspberries on a fuzzy kitty tummy, but in honesty I think he's trying to make him squeak like a stuffie )
Mako - Black and white DLH Cat ( found at work one day )
Expression - National Show Horse - 12-15 yrs old.

"The best kisses come from my puppy "
"There are NO bad dogs, Just bad Owners "
BAN BSL!!!
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Senior Contributor

If I had some extra cash to spare, I think I'd do it just as something interesting and fun. Sort of like having your tarot cards read. I think with these things you can't take it too seriously. Although, at the same time, I'd be heartbroken if I was told any of my gang were unhappy.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:14 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanBullMom View Post
I guess its all in what you believe.
I believe in ghosts - I have seen one several times, always the same one in the same building.

I believe in telepathy - Hubby and I quite often think the same thought at the same time, quite scary since he is definately off the wall at times

So this will be a new experience for me
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Senior Contributor

I think Were going to bring Diamond to it Told Hubby about it & he was all gung-ho.

Chris are you going to "Georgina Shelter Shin-dig" on Sat Oct 4th at the Sutton Kin Hall? Lotsa of stuff going on there too. inclu:

Healing Yoga Meditation for Animals Generously donated by Poala Di Paolo owner of Four Directions Yoga and founder of Street Cats. Please leash your pets. 1:00 – 1:45

I think we might be also.
Old September 30th, 2008, 08:26 AM
-

I might go DM, I saw a poster for it when I was in Global yesterday. If I do I will PM you and maybe we could meet up.

If you want to see the Animal Communicator, you have to book a sitting with her, her name is Lauren Bode, normally the fee is $30 for 15mins. We are booked for 1:30 and 1:45 respectively. She will probably only need about 2mins with Reb
Old September 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

My aunt took her two dogs to an animal communicator. She swears that the woman told her things that she could not have known. She said that the woman didn't let the pet owner tell her anything, even down to the pets name. The communicator told her that both her dogs missed having a christmas tree - and how could the woman have known that she hadn't put one up in over 3 years? She also said that the one older dog wanted my aunt to adopt a dog that she'd been looking at. Noel (my aunt's oldest dog) said that she wanted her to have a good watchdog because she knew that she wouldn't be here much longer. Noel also said that the younger dog was an idiot and wouldn't be up to the job. The younger one was really excited to be there and the woman said that she was just getting jumbled messages from her, although she did tell her that Noel was cranky and mean. LOL The communicator told her other things too - but overall she was very impressed.
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:43 AM
-

We went to the Animal Communicator for our visit yesterday, I was a little disappointed, maybe I expected more

Rebel - he wanted to know if we were going to keep him, as he has heard us
say to peeps that they can take him.

We have said it jokingly, when people say how cute he is.
To let us know that his back is ok now (a little while ago his tail was down for couple of weeks. We thought maybe he had injured it playing)

He was having problems seeing out of his right eye Will follow up on that.
Liked men better than women :sad: Liked his friends 's

Iggy - Would we like him to put on a bit of wieght - Yes. Asked Ethel if she was a picky eater - Yes. Iggy says that he gets car sick - No. Likes to sit in the front when travelling and hang his head out of the window - Yes, but most dogs do.

The rest was Ho-hum just trying to fill the alloted time.

I would do it again, but a different Communicator.
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Very interesting thread.

Years ago a friend of mine lost her dog when the car flipped. The dog took off and for two weeks we looked everyday for this dog along the highway, in bushes, and near by locations where he could hide.

My friend decided to go to an animal psychic who had told her that the dog was alive and hiding near a farm. She also said that the dog will move shortly and someone will 'catch' the dog and bring to a location not far from where she and I live. She described the facility.

To make a long story short, every 2 days we went to animal control to see if the dog was there since this is exactly what she described. Sure enough after a few weeks we found him.

Coincidence? Not sure - but it made us continue our search in which there was a happy ending.
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

Well it's too bad that you weren't impressed. Did you tell the communicator what to ask, or give her indications of things that you wanted to know?

And btw - there is a proven physiology to being able to see out the windows helping to curb motion sickness - so maybe him wanting his head out the window is more than just enjoying the fly by news (scents in the wind). LOL

I know my aunt was flabbergasted by the stuff the communicator told her, although she got more from Noel than the younger dog.
Old October 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
150% PRO S/N

I'm sorry Chris that the communicator wasn't more interesting. At least you know that Rebel does think now. Poor pup being worried you were going to give him away. Not a chance!! You love him too much!!
Most people could look at Iggy and tell he is a bit of a picky eater. He is so slim. But he also is a very active dog. No stopping him the day we were there. H**l on wheels.

Old October 7th, 2008, 09:07 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy View Post
Well it's too bad that you weren't impressed. Did you tell the communicator what to ask, or give her indications of things that you wanted to know?

She did ask me if there was anything I wanted to ask Rebel, but I had it in my mind not to divulge much information to her so that she would not be able to feed off of it. That was probably an error on my part
Yesterday while thinking further on it, she did ask if we were wanting to show Rebel. This is not the case, besides he is neutered, but we have often said that he has good Basset lines, re: feet placement, no arch in back, height etc., So this comment could be related to that Definately next time and there will be a next time, I will be more co-operative.
Old October 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hazel's Personal Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
Yesterday while thinking further on it, she did ask if we were wanting to show Rebel. This is not the case, besides he is neutered, but we have often said that he has good Basset lines, re: feet placement, no arch in back, height etc., So this comment could be related to that Definately next time and there will be a next time, I will be more co-operative.
Actually, I asked because if you had told her things you wanted to know, then that might have given her indications of what you wanted to hear. Letting her tell you what the dogs were saying was probably better because then you weren't leading her or giving her the opportunity to just make something up. So even though she didn't give you alot of information, at least you know what she gave you wasn't just fluff she pulled out of her hat.