Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:03 AM
<-----nut ball

I know why Michael Jackson is now white!!

This is hilarious. I was reading the post on the abino moose, so thought I would do some google searching for albino info.

Aparently Michael Jackson (and many of his family members) suffer from Vitiligo. It is a "spontaneous irregular depigmentation of skin".

So aparently Michael bleached his skin to match the loss of pigment. I think Janet has it too now...
Old February 22nd, 2005, 11:50 AM

Now, what's that saying I love so much? Oh yeah:

Only in America can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman.

*disclaimer*
The above comment was one I read on the Internet. It in no way infers that I am prejudice or biased against African-Americans, or Americans in general. I am not prejudiced, nor do I condone it.
*end disclaimer*

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitie
Now, what's that saying I love so much? Oh yeah:

Only in America can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman.

*disclaimer*
The above comment was one I read on the Internet. It in no way infers that I am prejudice or biased against African-Americans, or Americans in general. I am not prejudiced, nor do I condone it.
*end disclaimer*
I thought it was rich white women you were prejudice against...
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't really care what colour Michael is, but I liked what Richard Jeni had to say about the trial. "How are they going to find a jury of his peers?"
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:06 PM

Me? Prejudiced? Nah. I don't care what color you are - as long as you can afford to keep me in the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed. :queen:

According to the Humane Society of the United States:
There are an estimated 3-4 million dogs and cats euthanized each year in the US alone! PLEASE - spay and/or neuter your pets!
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh he's been using "vitiligo" as an excuse for years.
My stepfather has vitiligo....if MJ wanted to "even out" his skin tone he would have stayed black, it would be much easier!

Shame, he was such a cute kid and good looking young man. Now he's just a freakshow.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Shame, he was such a cute kid and good looking young man. Now he's just a freakshow
How true! I had the BIGGEST crush on MJ when his thriller album came out. He was so cute on the cover of that album! What a shame......
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Senior Contributor

this disease is prevalent in the aboriginal population of australia, and my 10yo maori nephew has it, he has large white spots appearing on his forearm its barely noticeable,, not bad yet but his father had it pretty bad. i once saw an aboriginal woman with dark black skin and very pink white hands, i wonder if michael got a nicer white color because of his original color which was not as dark as this aboriginal womans.

i would not doubt one bit michael has had his skin pigments screwed with, either to match or become a white fella, bit of a shame that i suppose. what an interesting study topic
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:37 PM
Senior Contributor

I just think if he keeps going over-board, some day he'll be clear.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL .... Some day he will be clear. Schwinn what we do with out ya?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn
I just think if he keeps going over-board, some day he'll be clear.
ROTFLMAO!
There's a scary image.
Interesting about the aboriginal genetic (I suppose) component to vitiligo. My stepfather is from Australia and has a grandmother who was a native Australian/aborigine, whatever the proper term is.
He has very pale patches, mostly on his arms and chest. Had them for years andnyears, I guess they don't bother him one bit.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

carina, no they dont hurt or itch or anything, my nephew actually thinks its pretty cool, we tell him he just cant make up his mind, so went both ways. this Indigenous people of australia are called Aboriginal, as are many Indigenous groups world wide, the word Aboriginal means 'original or first people' around here depending where you come from in the country will get you other names, ie in my region your a koori, up north your a murray and so forth, ther are over 300 different language groups so it gets extensive, but often we refer to them all as koori. but then i also use the terms black fella and white fella alot too, but when i am writing or giving a lecture or such, i only ever use the word Indigenous and that is with a capital I or A

and schwinn, one day yes i think he will be transparent
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you Melanie! Aboriginal it is.

We have become very touchy about word usage here in the US....if you used the term "black fella" here that would really upset some people!

As to what MJ is, good grief who knows. A weird fella.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:35 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi Melanie and welcome how did your thesis go? It was a thesis you were writing wasn't it. It has been a long time how are you doing glad you popped in for a bit. I was actually thinking about you the other day when someone asked me if I ever take my blunnys off
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 24th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Senior Contributor

hi there mastiff, thanks for the kind thoughts, i have thought about you all over the summer. my thesis went well, i hope, it was very draining but it is done, shed a few tears buit hopefully i have fulfilled all requirements. just need a job, now that is a joke (im either to qualified for the normal jobs, and the professional ones are highly competed for) so i just keep trying, had a wonderful hot summer, just enjoying the last of it now hope all is well for you. i have just started helpingo ut at the local wildlife sanctuary and get to play with the dingos, emu and wombats. i spend alot of time restoring their native plant nursary and this weekend i will be giving two short lectures there on native bush food and bush medicinal plants (common term bush tucker), it will be fun and i enjoy teaching

(any aussies near Bargo NSW, it will be on sunday 27th at Wirrimbirra Wildlife Sanctuary on Rememberance Drive easy to find from 10am).

carina my lovely, one of my favourite songs has the first line
'black fella, white fella,
doesnt matter what color'
its by the Wirrimpi band, some Aboriginal boys, they are pretty good.
those 2 terms are most often found used in the Aboriginal communities of australia. it is not such a widley used white term. its very foreward and what not, straight to the point alot of my bushy type friends use these terms it is no way considered derogatory or racist here in most of society, its jsut well, Australian in my reality

im sure your seeing alot more of MJ on your TVs than we are at the mo
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

Just read this thread for the first time, Welcome back Melanie, missed you bunches! You better stick around for a while...

Back to the colorful topic of Mr. Jackson. Color aside, what about that store bought nose? I know if someone has all the money he does they can do what they want to but....geez, If I had that cash I would not have good working body parts lopped off. How many plastic surgeries has he had?
I actually feel sorry for the guy. He has it all but does not know it. He is not happy in his own God given shell and thinks money can change it.
40 years from now, if he stays in one piece, I hope he finds what ever he was seeking. And it better not be what he is on trial for!

My.02 cents worth.
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Senior Contributor

me too

Quote:
I actually feel sorry for the guy.

To me he is the textbook definition of "confusion". He doesn't know if he's black or white, he doesn't seem to know if he's male or female..and he definitely doesn't know if he's an adult or a child.

When you look like a carricature of yourself, you've got issues....
Old February 25th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Missing My Ciara, 3-21-06

It's sad...so many people with the same notoriety go to great lengths to help others. MJ is on a downward spiral trip. No matter where he lands..he will still be able to do just what he is doing now. I cannot fathom him being happy, that's why I think it's so sad.
Old February 25th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree. I think a lot of it stems from not having a "real" childhood. I mean, very few can claim to have had the perfect childhood, let's face it, but a life in showbiz leaves much to be desired, to me anyways.
Old February 27th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Senior Contributor

thanks karin, your a true sweetheart, i hope you are well and happy.

i do agree, i do feel sorry for michael, i mean, to say the child hood he had was screwed up is an understatement. and i suppose you cant grow like that and come out normal (some do i suppose), i wonder how his babies will turn out, you never know they may jsut turn up perfectly normal, kids these days seem so more resilent and tougher perhaps, i hope anyway.

but hopefully there are a few hollywood parents out there that have noted the people like michael and hopefully give their kids a normal life, wow it seems a bit hard when you step back and look at it.

have you seen the new slim shady film clip, i know it is banned in some parts, a michael look alike looses his nose on a dance floor and chases it around very funny. but i do understand why it may have been upsetting for the owner of that nose