Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old August 10th, 2004, 11:04 AM

Looking for foster parent for two Cocker Spaniels

I am in desperate need of a good foster home for my two Cocker spaniels.

Here's my situation:

Parent of two cocker spaniels (2.5 English cocker spaniel & 1.5 American cocker spaniel) currently living in Toronto but forced to permanently move back to Vancouver(burnaby area) to look after a family member with illness. Unfortunally the place I will moving into has no pets policy and besides, with ill person, I am unable to bring my two boys with me....at least for now.

I have a fiancee in Toronto who will be joining me in Vancouver(permanently i hope :-) )after 3-4 month as she needs to tidy up her life here. When she arrives in Vancouver, she will be getting her own place where pets are allowed and she will be able to take care of the dogs.

I DO NOT WANNA GIVE UP my two boyz. They've been good to me and i hope to grow old with them.
That is why I need a foster home for them for 3-4month until my fiancee arrives in Vancouver then problem solved. It can either be in Vancouver or Toronto. I will pay for all expenses incurring during their stay at your place.

PLEASE HAVE A HEART AND HELP ME TO KEEP MY BOYZ.

If any of you can or know any one who can help me, please email me at alvinshin@yahoo.com Hope to hear from someone soon. In the mean time, I will be contacting SPCA's and see if there's any other alternatives.

thank you.
Alvin

add: Both of the dogs are healthy and they are up to date on their shots. They also had the kennel cough shots. As for their temperment, they are lovely dogs. They love people and friendly with other dogs. When you first come in, they tend to jump on you a bit and get all excited. They get along fine between the two. They are mostly quite dogs, but when left alone, might bark if people pass by the front door in the apartment. I have the Citrous spray collar for both of them and this prevents them from barking. They love walks, and they will come when you call them so it's safe to let them off leash in the park. Older one is housebroken but the little one is still working on it. Might have to crate him over night and he'll be fine. three or even two walks a day will do. If you need any additional info or pictures of the dog, email me.

Thanks.
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Just wondering, maybe I missed it... but is there a reason that your fiancee cannot watch over the dogs?
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:07 AM

Oh, yeah, I missed that part. She's with her parents and she already has two dogs. One Pomeranian and another JACK RUSSELL!!! and Jack Rusell and my dogs dont' get along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiec
Just wondering, maybe I missed it... but is there a reason that your fiancee cannot watch over the dogs?
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Senior Contributor

You might try the Cocker Sp. rescue of BC

If they know it's definitely temporary, perhaps they can get someone to foster.

Also, you should try posting on the BC Rescue Message board - might be someone there who can help!

BC Rescue Board

Good luck!
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:52 AM

Thanks for your info.
I will try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
You might try the Cocker Sp. rescue of BC

If they know it's definitely temporary, perhaps they can get someone to foster.

Also, you should try posting on the BC Rescue Message board - might be someone there who can help!

BC Rescue Board

Good luck!
Old August 10th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

I have a friend who breeds cockers. He may know someone. Private mesg me with what you would be willing to pay fee wise for the time you are away.

He lives just north of Toronto.
Old August 17th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Alvin have you had any luck with
Simon and Theodore LMAO (sorry I just had to try that one on ya ) bad joke!

I fwd'd your mesg to everyone in rescue/foster I know.

Have you had any offers of help yet?
Old August 17th, 2004, 08:14 PM

Thank you.

I was just sooo busy with packing and stuff and didnt' have the time to properly thank everyone here and other rescue org. trying to help out.

YES!! I did find a foster home in Vancouver(well 45min from where I live. Pretty darn close) and I will be taking the dogs with me. They are in for a long long drive. The lady seem very nice and she were glad to take them for long period of time. Thank god~~~

I just wanna THANK everyone who emailed me or referred me to others who might be help to me. I cannot begin to express my gratitude to all of you and I'll be sure to drop by and keep you guyz up to date.

Thanks again and all the best.

PS: Darn, I should've have named charlie & munc Simon and Theo~~~ Would've been a life long JOKE :-)
Thanks LUBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba
Alvin have you had any luck with
Simon and Theodore LMAO (sorry I just had to try that one on ya ) bad joke!

I fwd'd your mesg to everyone in rescue/foster I know.

Have you had any offers of help yet?
Old August 17th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Senior Contributor

Yay! Success!
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Thats wonderful news WTG!!
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:24 PM

Another Foster home needed

Hello Everyone ...

It is comforting to know that I am not the only one who has found himself temporarily in a quandry with regard to my ****er spaniel.

'Burke' and I are returning to Vancouver after living in Europe for two years. I will be staying with a friend for a couple of months until I can find an apartment building that accepts pets. In the mean time if anyone knows of foster care (paid of course) please let me know.

Burke is 8 years old, energetic, affectionate, well mannered, neutered and without any medical problems.

Many thanks,
Keith