Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Recipes for humans

Old April 1st, 2011, 06:37 AM
1st the wolf than the dog

rice puding

Hii everyone, this is a recip with origin from america but curiously tipical in Portugal and no in America! XD

3 waters mug
2 rices mug
2 packs of fat milk
4 limon zaps
a pinch of coarse salt
1,5 sugar mug
a pinch of cinnamon

Put the water, the zaps and the salt in a pan and let the water get in boiling with them.
When is in boiling put the rice and from now on always use the wooden spoon in spiral. Since the rice is becoming dry, it's time to put some milk (it should be lukewarm or warmed anyway). The supposed it's leting half of the pan full that (or a little more), but the more important since you put the milk the burner or the gas noozel (I don't know how to translate it) in the minimum and it must be like that at to the and!
Keep working at 1 or 2 hours and only when you know that is ready put the sugar (don't forget to taste if is sweet just how you liked).
At the end when it is on the iane you allways can decorated with some cinammon (making some funny phrases for example! XD)

Bon apetit!
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:11 AM
Senior Contributor

I will definately try it...I love rice pudding.
Now I am hungry...
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:24 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

It sounds very good!

Quote:
but the more important since you put the milk the burner or the gas noozel (I don't know how to translate it) in the minimum and it must be like that at to the and!
Just so I'm clear, you're saying to keep the heat way down so the milk doesn't scorch? Should it just be getting hot, or should it be a very light boil? (I'm not that great a cook....I burn things regularly...so I need to know. )

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old April 1st, 2011, 03:54 PM
-

Do you ever add cardamom pods to yours? Indian-style ~ very yummy.
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummummum View Post
Do you ever add cardamom pods to yours? Indian-style ~ very yummy.
Well now MX3..being half 'Indian Style" myself...yes my dear..a great addition!
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:33 PM
Senior Contributor

what is a cardamom and how do you translate two packs of fat milk? My hubby loves rice pudding and my son lives on indian food
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Cardamom is a spice used in both sweet & savory cooking that is of Indian origin. MMMmm cardamom. It goes well with coffee too In the arab world, we grind it with our coffee beans. Don't drink it myself but it smells amazing. I use it in everyday cooking. yumyum. In Egyptian rice pudding we use cardamom as well so another vote for adding that

FYI: It comes in the form of pods or ground up seeds of the pods. The pods look like pistachios to me lol. When I was a kid I always asked my mom why she put pistachios in the food. (We put a few pods in our rice, in our meat stews etc. Not so pleasant when u accidentally bite into a whole one tho lol)

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:07 AM
1st the wolf than the dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
It sounds very good!

Just so I'm clear, you're saying to keep the heat way down so the milk doesn't scorch? Should it just be getting hot, or should it be a very light boil? (I'm not that great a cook....I burn things regularly...so I need to know. )
It is not a question about burn or not or if is getting hot, because the grate secret of a good rice puding it's keeping the heat downly how much time you can take! That's why...

About cardomono, well any one else use sounds better, some use chocolote, piment, vanille (believe me I saw all this thinks!) but the better wich I know is use two egg yolks or dissolved butter in the end (a litlle before get cooled).

My grate secret of rice puding is always the yolks or the butter! =)
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:28 AM
banned user

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Once that is done:
In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm.
Note