Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 11th, 2005, 03:50 PM

Difficulties with Breeder

I purchased a purebred dog for show/breeding purposes. The co-breeders separated; however, prior to this they signed off on a Cancellation of Non-Breeding Agreement. When I submitted the form, one of the co-breeders indicated he/she did not want the ex spouse to have access to this dog for stud purposes and now did not want the NBA lifted. The co-breeder submitted a complaint indicating I forged his name to reverse the process. I am now to appear in front of a board to prove I did not forge the co-breeders name. I have two other people that have signed notarized letters indicating this; however, this co-breeder has called all official organizations and had his papers put on hold in both Canada and the United States and others.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and how you handled the situation? I did extensive research to find an ethical breeder to purchase my show dog from. I did not realize I would have to research their relationship to and marital status.

This is affecting my reputation and my ability to enjoy my dog for the reasons that I purchased him for. I have fulfilled all aspects of my contract yet the official organizatons are still entertaining his false accusatons. It has been a nightmare to deal with this co-breeder and I am trying so hard not to let it affect my love for the world of dogs. I was always under the impression you were inocent until proven guilty.

Has this happened to anyone else on this board? How did you deal with the situation? What was the outcome? Any advice?

Thanks
Larisa

Last edited by Larisa; June 12th, 2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old June 12th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't know what to say. I do hope that you get everything worked out though..... I wish you luck.....
Old June 12th, 2005, 02:23 PM

Thank you for your reply

I have learned the true meaning of buyer beware