Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 21st, 2008, 02:19 PM

Wellness concerns

hi all

havent written in quite some time... life is busy and health concerns with family and pets kept me busier...

need to post about wellness food here both cat and dog and would like some feedback. i have read about several whose cats were turning their noses up at wellness, both in these forums and in other pet forums.

I have fed both dog and cats wellness for almost a year with no concerns, until the last month. My kitty pantera has never, ever turned her nose up at food, some she leaves and comes back to.. depends on the consistency others she gobbles up. two weeks ago she vomited, then flat out refused to eat wellness turkey and salmon. i took her off it immediately, started her back on merrick, and while she eats it more slowly because of the chunks she is eating it all.

My dog riker has been on wellness core, and in the last few weeks have noticed an eye that is a bit runnier, last year zero goop in the eyes, and stools are darker. i hope i am wrong about this but i do know there was an ownership change with wellness, and am extremely concerned about any quality changes we dont know about yet. i am thinking of switching him over to natures variet instinct or something similiar in the next few weeks. I know my cat was not just being finicky.

anyway would like any feedback from all feeding dogs or cats wellness, and also would like to make you just aware not to just let this go... hope i am wrong and its all nothing... but with all the food recalls/takeovers/quality issues.. i think we should monitor this...

thanks for listening to the ramble.. look forward to the feedback