Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old October 12th, 2004, 06:43 PM

Febe needs a home!

Hello There,

My name is Febe and I am a 3 year old cross between a Jack Russel and Chihuahua also know as a 'Jack-a-Chi'.

I am short haired and weigh in at a heafty 7 lbs and live in Toronto.

I am in need of a new home as my mommy and daddy recently split and my mom just can't spend enough time with me. I like to be around people and am extremely friendly and loving. Even though I am a small dog I hardly ever bark except for when people come to the door.

Please email Samantha back and she will give you more info. as I can't speak yet.
Old October 12th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Cant dad keep you??
Old October 12th, 2004, 06:53 PM

Daddy also works 12 hours a day as an aerospace engineer and is regularly out of the country.
I wish he could - that would be the best scenario. This is killing me.
Old October 12th, 2004, 07:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Too bad. Is he neutered? Housetrained? Obedience trained? Good with other dogs, cats, kids (to your knowledge)?

If he is, I can put him on my Petfinder site for you. Cute small dogs are not hard to rehome.

You must make up an adoption contract, charge an adoption fee, carefully screen prospective adopters, and check out their homes before letting him go.

IF you want me to put him on my site, send me a pic of him, and more details about his personality.

laurent376@hotmail.com
Old October 12th, 2004, 08:44 PM

Febe is actually a she and yes she is spayed, obedient and house trained.

Febe is great with adults however has not had much exposure to children so I wouldn't know how she is with them. She is great with bigger dogs. If there is another small dog that is hyper Febe either gets annoyed and growls alot or just ignores it.

Anyways, I will email you a picture of her and I would love you to list her on your site.
Old October 13th, 2004, 03:06 PM

I have a wonderful retired school teacher searching for a companion for herself.She is a homeowner with a fenced yard a true animal lover.Please contact me at kimc7622@yahoo.ca or 905 685 1409.She lives in St Catharines ON.
Old October 13th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyRescue
You must make up an adoption contract, charge an adoption fee, carefully screen prospective adopters, and check out their homes before letting him go.
This is great advice but seems a little pushy.

"In order for you to know that you're dog is placed in a safe and loving environment you should consider the following...." - that might give new people a better understanding of what you're trying to say without coming off to strong, it tends to be offensive to some.

Febe I hope you find a great home! I'm sure there are many people that would love to take you in!
Old October 13th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
This is great advice but seems a little pushy.
Since the Petfinder site is MY site, I can ask whatever I like of anyone who accepts my offer to list a dog for them, or asks me to. Anyone who doesn't want to follow the criteria can list their pet elsewhere. SSwood is free to say "No thanks" if she is offended, as is anyone else.

My goal is to help get responsible forever homes, and spay/neuter, adoption contracts and fees do help ensure that. I don't think it's "pushy" to try my best to get these pets wonderful homes...?

If you wish to list intact dogs without adoption contracts or fees on your site, and give them to unscreened homes,you may.. Petfinder would certainly protest if I did that.

Doing it our way, Lucky Rescue has gotten HUNDREDS of wonderful homes for abandoned pets.
How do you do it?
Old October 13th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Petfinder.com you started that website????
Old October 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Senior Contributor

No, Heidi. I merely have my own site ON Petfinder.
Old October 14th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Senior Contributor

I was just saying Lucky that when you request these items from people it seems to come off a bit harsh.
I understand what you're doing and in no way was that meant to "belittle" your efforts. But take that as you may, I guess constructive critisim doesn't boad will with you - I'll remember that for next time.
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Senior Contributor

I would think that LR's comments would be very welcome, particularly to someone in a difficult situation who is looking to rehome an animal she loves. Keep on keeping on, LR, we get it, even if some don't...
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Badger. Unfortunately, in order to get the very best homes possible - which we feel every animal deserves - pickiness and even pushiness is sometimes necessary.

If this bothers people, they are free to find homes their own way.
Old October 14th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Senior Contributor

Thumbs up

Personally, I would be delighted to be grilled thoroughly if I were adding a new pet to our family! When I met with Den-Den's breeder, I was so nervous that I took photo albums of my previous Den-Dens just to show the lives they led and the esteem they held within our family. It would reassure me that they were concerned about placing the pet in a good home and not just interested in $$$.
Old October 19th, 2004, 03:13 PM

If Fefe is still looking for a new home, I would be glad to give her one. You can email me with any questions you have and pictures too, please!!
youknowwho113@hotmail.com
Thanks!!
Old October 20th, 2004, 04:52 PM

Hey everyone!!

I have found Febe a new home. It is actually KimC's grandmother and she has a Yorkie that is now Febe's brother. I know that she will be much happier with all the attention that she will receive there. I will be able to sleep soundly at night knowing that she is in a good home.

Thanks Kim this meant alot

Good luck to anyone else who is using this site. How amazing is the internet!

Samantha
Old October 20th, 2004, 06:51 PM
banned user

How nice to see a great match I hope both the doggie have a fun time playing together for many yrs to come.