Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old July 6th, 2005, 07:24 AM

Hello

I have a five month old cat that I absulutly love, unfortuitly going have to get rid of him cause I cant find anyone to watch him for a couple months while I live with my mom seeing as her building doesnt allow animals. but hope to get another one once I get my own place, hope to talk to you people soon
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Personal servant to Joey

Welcome
Could you skip staying at your moms and get your own place sooner so you can keep the kitty. Instead of giving it up and getting another one. If you end up giving it to a shelter I am worried they could put him to sleep as they usually have too many cats to begin with.
Old July 6th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Not a great introduction shygirl11.

Most people on this board believe that pets are for life, and it's up to you to take care of your pet for life - NOT get rid of it just because the situation is difficult.

Please reconsider your decision - can't a friend or someone you know help you out while you are at your mom's? - Can't you think of a fairer alternative to the cat that you say you love?

What's going to happen when you get your next pet and another difficult situation arises...

Personally I suggest that you DO NOT get another pet until you are prepared to commit to the pet for the rest of its life.

Marko
ADMIN

Last edited by marko; July 6th, 2005 at 08:34 AM. Reason: added comment
Old July 6th, 2005, 02:54 PM

Angry

Wow. Are you talking about a cat or a pair of shoes? I hope you listen to your cat's heartbeat before you "get rid of" him. Maybe you'll realize he's a living creature.
Old July 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM

Unhappy Don't

If you really care, you'll find a way to keep him. You get rid of him now chances are that when the next one gets in your way, you'll ge rid of him a well. They way you treat the one you have now, predicts how you'll treat the next one. think about it.
Old July 6th, 2005, 07:31 PM
banned user

Wow, thats really horrible... like you can't sneak in a CAT! They make no noise and you don't have to walk them. You should really consider breaking the rules... I have a hunch nobody will know.
Old July 8th, 2005, 12:42 PM
banned user

Just to clarify my previous post... I meant it's horrible you feel you have to give up your cat. My sister has a Jack Russell and a Pharroh Hound (plus a temporary foster) in a "no animals" building, she would never give up her pups... even if it meant squeezing into my place with them all. Chances are you can bring her and nobody will notice at all!!! Especially considering it is a cat that doesn't go outside. I would consider this if it was my cat. The last thing any of us on here want to see is a pet seperated from it's loving owner.
Old July 8th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Is there some other alternative you can come up to help you and your cat stay together. You need to think about his (Is your kitty a he?) needs first and foremost. You are after all the caregiver here. Try to go through all the various scenarios you could consider before taking such drastic action as "getting rid" of a beloved family member.

You could ---
- find someone to foster him until you find a new place to live
- find somewhere else to live. We usually take the needs of our pets into account in any life changes we make.
- pay to board him with a friend until you find a place to live.

As Marko said, having a pet is a lifetime committment. You need to reassess your committment to your kitty. He is just a baby for heaven's sake!!
Old July 8th, 2005, 02:16 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
Is there some other alternative you can come up to help you and your cat stay together. You need to think about his (Is your kitty a he?) needs first and foremost. You are after all the caregiver here. Try to go through all the various scenarios you could consider before taking such drastic action as "getting rid" of a beloved family member.

You could ---
- find someone to foster him until you find a new place to live
- find somewhere else to live. We usually take the needs of our pets into account in any life changes we make.
- pay to board him with a friend until you find a place to live.

As Marko said, having a pet is a lifetime committment. You need to reassess your committment to your kitty. He is just a baby for heaven's sake!!
I agree with CK... Especially if you love your kitten there has to be a better way. Think about all of the possibilites- we hope you come back and let us know what your decision is.
Old July 8th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Nice intro,want to try that one again............