Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old December 13th, 2004, 10:24 PM

shivering koda

back with a question about Koda my Bichion Frise. I took Koda to the groomers this weekend and he was clipped pretty short. Now as we live in Manitoba it is very cold in the winter,and I was concerned that he might be cold, but he had to be clipped and cleaned up as he was starting to get mats in his hair. Now, Koda looks like he is shivering almost and doesn't seem himself at all. He is drinking and eatting and doing everything he should, but he has lost his spunk and bounce that he usually has. He came up the stairs this morning and he almost looked frightened. I did go yesterday and bought him a knitted coat which I put on him and left on him. he didn't seem to even want to play ball with us this morning. Do you think it could be that he is that cold in the house ? Or mabye he is shocked that he lost all his pretty hair ? I would love to hear any advise you may have - thanks
Old December 13th, 2004, 10:28 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Is it possible he had a bad experience with this groomer and is just scared??
Old December 13th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes,that's what I would think,were you present during the trimming??
Mind you,he's probably also cold having lost his furcoat :sad:
Old December 13th, 2004, 10:58 PM

during grooming

No, I was at the groomers for awhile, but I wasn't there when they were doing Koda. When I picked him up he seemed just fine, he was very happy to see me, and went running out to the car. His eye's seemed very happy, but now he is just sad :sad:
Old December 13th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I know alot of poodles are very aware of how they look. Den-Den just prances and shows off when he's freshly groomed - because everybody tells him how pretty he is. He holds his tail so high! How have people been reacting to Koda? If they've laughed at him, or worse, acted like it was too bad his hair was cut so short, he may be feeling ashamed! :sad: They are so sensitive!
Old December 14th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Senior Contributor

I don't pretend to know much about Bichons, but is there a reason to get a dog's hair cut so short in the winter?

Small body size + little hair = equals a lot of heat loss and he very well could be cold in the house too.
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:22 AM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslass
I know alot of poodles are very aware of how they look. Den-Den just prances and shows off when he's freshly groomed - because everybody tells him how pretty he is. He holds his tail so high! How have people been reacting to Koda? If they've laughed at him, or worse, acted like it was too bad his hair was cut so short, he may be feeling ashamed! :sad: They are so sensitive!
Poor Koda... maybe a day at the spa. Or if that doesn't work maybe some... no no wait dogs can't have chocolate. How about a shopping spree? I know Ben & Jerry's