Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old May 7th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

How insulted would you be? ( long)

just curious if I am over reacting or what. Very well could be a possiblilty the way things have been going lately.

Heres the scoop.

Saturday we went on a mud run, my best friend had said the weekend before " you guys should get a bike next weekend and come on the River run" So we did, sounded like fun right.

Anyways, we had to go hook their trailer up to our truck last minute ( we left our house at 9ish in the PM and its half an hour atleast to their house) as her new car doesnt have a hitch yet, but her bf had made a huge stink about all sorts of things and ended up borrowing a truck for them. We still hooked the trailer and their bike to our truck.

Next morning, heading out for the run... keep in mind we had a "borrowed" bike, not a rental. SO we didnt want to beat it by going through the big mud holes, but they were aware of that. So, the trailer gets a blow out, and they unload their bike and we park the trailer on a side road because the spare tire was also flat. We were only 5 minutes away from our destination at this point.

All is good we go register and hit the trials, however they meet up with some other friends and we head off with them as well. BUT... they are all branching ( for 10 minutes tops) in the mud trail, but we decide we will take "high and dry" that is the last we saw of them for the day.

She looked at us and said " I dont want to ditch you guys" but then BAM she's gone. Needless to say we rode around for a bit but it got really boring riding alone so we went back and left. To hell with it, we didnt bother with their trailer ( as they had a truck anyways) and we just came home.

Im insulted, why bother planning things with someone if they just ditch you at a whim because you dont want to beat someone elses bike to humor them
This isnt the first time we have hauled all their stuff around for them either and they bail. Last summer the same thing happened but with camping,
Long story short they left in the middle of the night and we had to pack their boat, bike and half of their camping stuff and haul it to their place again ( almost a 2 hour drive) not so much as a "thank you" for doing it.

I think i need better friends.
Old May 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM

Oh, yeah, been there, done been pissed.

You're being used... I agree.

It happened to me when I brought a girl snowboarding... I let her use one of my boards, which saved her $46 US, we drove down to Vermont (2.5 hours) and she was so bad, she needed teaching all day. So not only did I waste my $50 ticket, I saved her $46 US AND she didn't pay a penny of the gas. "Well, you would have gone anyway." I haven't spoken to her in at least 3 years now.
Old May 7th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Senior Contributor

That does suck. I'd be choked too. If there is a next time make it clear that you won't be doing the hauling of their goods. Separate vehicles and everyone is responsible for their own goods. Period. Take it or leave it - like they left you....
Old May 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Contributor

I agree with Dog Dancer - Tell her it feels and lay out the rules. Some people are just like that - they use others are don't care. As long as they had a truck to get back home, they were OK so you had no obligation to them. I don't understand why they did not use their own truck if they brought it anyway. They wanted the wear and tear on yours??

I've admittedly never been mud biking but she does not sound like a nice person to just take off when she knew you were not or could not - really, since you borrowed biles and even if you had your own, not everyone wants to dirty their stuff like that (I used to get angry with my brother for doing that to my ATV, brat, lol). What was the point of going with then if they were not there - and I would ask her? Maybe I tend to say whatI thin ktoo much but I would definitely ask her!
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Furball Farmer

Oh that would seriously tick me off.
I used to have a freind who would call me and say "oh let's go to this party"
so I would pick her up and some other people and she would ditch me as soon as we got there. I eventually quit giving her rides ANYWHERE.

Next time your friend invites you on something like that tell her you'll meet her there, and if she whines they have no ride then just say "aw thats too bad we're all filled up!"
Old May 7th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Senior Contributor

I would be very insulted and I wouldn't make time to do anything with these people again. That was just rude. And it wasn't the first time. So just be polite when she calls but too busy to talk. Don't invite them to do things and don't accept their invitations either.

My son, who is the sweetest, nicest person in the world got his own back on someone who was like this. He had dated a girl a few times and then she totally blew him off. That was fine. Not everyone you date is going to turn into a relationship, but she was kind of rude and condescending. So he wrote her off.

Then she called him out of the blue at the end of the semester. "Hey how come you stopped calling me? We should totally hang out ! Blah blah blah." Then she says--how about Saturday afternoon. And by the way--do you still have the jeep--I need to put some of my things in storage--and my friends too. Should only take a couple hours.

So he agreed. He went over, picked her up and said he wanted to go to the park for a bit. So they go to the park--with her friend in tow. And when they get there he says "I just want to ask you where you get off asking a favor of me?" And he told her if she had just called and asked for a hand that would have been fine but don't insult him by acting flirty just to get him to move her stuff.

Then he left--without her.
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Hunter & Bogart's daddy

I guess people just like to take advantage of our (pet) loving and caring nature

I'm glad to say that this hasn't happened to me as well always work things out early (i.e. ski trip: I provide the vehicle & gas, my friend made and paid for the logde, other 2 paid for food liquor, etc. and then any "balancing" that needs to be made gets done at the end).

Anyhow, you should either make it clear to them how you feel about their actions or just ditch them entirely. If they don't respect you enough as a friend, then why should you treat them as such!?
Old May 11th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Hi there,

Uaed to happen to me, all the time, when I was younger, I just got sucked in. Now that I am fourtyahem, I can see the look in the eye & recognise the cunning plan going on in the head. Stay well, well away from the types (yes, types) that have cunning plans.