Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old February 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh Di, the tears are flowing again. I feel your pain and share it. I am so sorry.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old February 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. But you helped them cross over to the bridge because you loved them so much. That was selfless and I am so glad they can watch over you together.
RIP sweet Hobo and Ginger
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM
-

Diane, I am so very sorry but as others have said you definitely did the right thing. Even though you lost them both at the same time it is nice that they were able to cross the Bridge together.

Ginger & Hobo
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:46 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Ginger and Hobo are home We picked up their ashes tonight and we will all sleep together again tonight. I feel much more at peace having them here with me now. I also have a paw locket with some ashes in it so they will always be close to me

When we went to pick up the ashes the ladies at Pet Friends had printed their picture and displayed it in their shop...they said they couldn't believe how adorable they both were. Of course, we already knew that but it was a very kind gesture

It has been a long and emotional week...I still can't believe it has happened but they are together at peace and are no longer in any pain. I have to hang on to that.

Thank you all again for the your kind words and thoughts...really means a lot to us.

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:36 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

I'm so so sorry for your loss, diandpat I hope you're both beginning to heal and the happier memories are making you smile again!

Hobo and Ginger, waiting together at the bridge

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM
Compromised account

Just reading this now... My deepest condolences on the loss of both your very dear pups.

You did the right thing, albeit the hardest thing to do.
Ginger
Hobo

You will never be forgotten!
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM

so sorry...

My heart is heavy for u....just know that hobo and ginger's spirits will always be near u. u gave them a very selfless gift by letting them go, and i am proud of u. i too gave my dog, king, a 14 yr old german shepherd, the gift of letting go in december, so i know how devastating it is, and heartbreaking also. it takes a very long time for the pain in your heart to lessen...in fact, i am still in tears when i think of him or talk about him. you must have loved your dear pets very much in order to be able to say goodbye to them. just know that we are all out here thinking about u, and holding u up during this difficult time...(((hugs))))
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Mickey, my angel

I have been away for a while so just saw this thread. i am so sorry for the loss of Hobo and Ginger. You gave them a wonderful life and they left this world knowing they were very much loved.

Run free sweet Hobo
Run free sweet Ginger
"Let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." -Jack Layton
"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

Kitties: Punky (17), and Sassy (13), Twinky (10),

SweetMickey 1991 to May 24, 2009