Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 9th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Garden nut

Our fur family

Lots and lots of pics! Pups are almost 4 weeks old. Linx is included in these. For those that don't know, Belle was a rescue that came to us already pregnant, and Linx came from a no-kill cat place in Montreal back when we lived there.

Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper

Last edited by CearaQC; December 9th, 2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Garden nut

Old December 9th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Young at Heart

OMG - you just made my day! You have a beautiful fur family there! Everyone looks soooooo good too! I'll bet they are a constant source of joy to watch - makes me envious
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Garden nut

You're welcome to come here and remove some of that envy by helping clean up after the poop machines!

Old December 9th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Awesome pics! What do you think the mix is? I cant figure it out! They have some markings but??? hmmm??

Cutie's anyway! When they are running around like that are they peeing and pooping????????yikes!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Senior Contributor

My goodness, they are all so chubby! They look very healthy. Great job getting this girl and keeping her and her puppies safe.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Garden nut

I've already begun "training" to potty in a specific spot. In the pics I just removed the paper and cleaned up after I knew everyone had done their business so they could play in peace. Otherwise I'd be picking them up when they squat and put them in the right spot.

I wanted to include Linx because he's been left out of picture taking.

I love the stare down pic. Only recently have they been able to be in the same room without Belle chasing poor Linx, and Linx has become a brave boy. I'm proud of him!
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:28 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Oh My Gosh!!!!!! Cuteness overload!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linx looks like 3 of my babies. Even down to the whiteish colour around the mouth for 2 of them.
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
-

Those pictures made me LOL !!! They're so cute and all clinging to eachothers it must be so funny to watch them , they seem very clumsy , at that age , they probably take a few steps and fall down on their butts
Old December 9th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
You're welcome to come here and remove some of that envy by helping clean up after the poop machines!

Oops - oh, gee, um - but, um - I'm really sorry I can't come to clean up because, um, duh - I KNOW - I can't leave my fur family

They are a sweet bunch though!
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Half Way To Crazy

they are all looking very healthy and full of puppiness!! what little tubbies you have!!
even the duck looks tired after all of them running and playing
all of them cat, mom and puppies are in very good hands....

one thing you forgot in your signature you forgot to say 10 puppies yet to be named....
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

OMG how CUTE!!!and sooooo chubby too!
Your doing an amazing job, everyone looks so healthy and happy!!
including Linx ( I love the name too!)

i still wanna brown one!!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Addicted to puppy

There aren't enough words to descride how cute they are, and Belle is beautiful!!

RIP Shade I will never forget your sweet smile
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:39 AM

Oh so cute & nice to see Linx

They must be fun to watch tumbling around on clumsy big feet

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old December 10th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Live well, laugh often

Belle is such a beautiful girl .
Linx is sooooo handsome .
and of course the puppies are so freakin cute .

How on earth do you get anything accomplished in a day with all of those cute noses to kiss .
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Remarkable job, have you ever contacted the vet that wanted to "cull" the pups? Show him/her pictures of how well they are doing, including momma!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Remarkable job, have you ever contacted the vet that wanted to "cull" the pups? Show him/her pictures of how well they are doing, including momma!
Not yet, but I plan on having a talk with them when Belle goes for her appointment the first week of February for spay surgery.

I want to try a guilt trip about how they are a business and need to be nicer to people and listen to them instead of just assuming everyone that doesn't have a vet degree is a moron. After all, all the "morons" are the ones paying their salary!! They can be so condescending there. I'm going to point out how I see animals not trusting the people working there. The male vet, he's pretty good, Belle liked him. But the other people... wow, words can't even begin to describe them. Hateful, condescending, tacky... plus the horror stories I've heard about that place and trouble we had with them when Nosey had to be put to sleep, doubting my diagnosis which was correct anyway. The techs are really super nice though, and young, but unable to speak decent English.

Like the one woman...nasty wench. The first time I took Belle there, I called and said we need to see the vet for her ear problems and check on her pregnancy. I never said it was an emergency. So, 4 days later we go for the appointment. At the end of the visit, the woman said, "Going to bill for an emergency visit." And I said, "Huh? I made the appointment 4 days ago! How can that be considered an emergency?" Then she said, "Well our normal appointment schedules are full until January (and this visit was in November)." She had the most hateful look on her face the whole time but I was so worried about the dog and the situation I was getting myself into since she was pregnant and all that and so I didn't have the energy to argue that day.

I still want to start a campaign of sorts to get another vet out here, preferably one that will provide emergency care after hours. And we need nicer Anglophone service. There's kind of a snooty attitude towards English people in the area. Also going to pitch a fit at all the stores and at the vet about selling grain free food. If that doesn't work, I'll keep pushing more and more buttons. As a last resort, hell, maybe we'll start a holistic food supply business somehow.

I'm putting so much effort into these pups to help ensure they will be good adult dogs. Hopefully I'll never have to do this again unless it's an emergency situation with a rescue. Don't know how breeders do this every year... they must have superman strength.
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
Like the one woman...nasty wench. The first time I took Belle there, I called and said we need to see the vet for her ear problems and check on her pregnancy. I never said it was an emergency. So, 4 days later we go for the appointment. At the end of the visit, the woman said, "Going to bill for an emergency visit." And I said, "Huh? I made the appointment 4 days ago! How can that be considered an emergency?" Then she said, "Well our normal appointment schedules are full until January (and this visit was in November)." She had the most hateful look on her face the whole time but I was so worried about the dog and the situation I was getting myself into since she was pregnant and all that and so I didn't have the energy to argue that day.
That is dirty pool and is not considered an emergency visit where I come from.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 12th, 2007, 02:09 AM
-

Oh, those little dumplings just get cuter by the day.

And, Belle is looking great and Linx is one handsome dude.
Old December 12th, 2007, 06:59 AM

Puppies!!! You will have a very special Xmas with all those little darlings.
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Garden nut

4 weeks old today!

Had a request already to have a pup for Christmas and I said no. Will let them be adopted starting 3rd week of January approx.
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Senior Contributor

OMG Ceara,looking at these little bundles of cuteness,I completely forgot the vet wanted to kill off some of them
Thank Dog you did not follow his suggestion
He really needs to see these beautiful little babies,maybe e-mail him a pic
I am sorry you do not have a choice in vets,it must be difficult,especially if you are not comfortable with this office
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Senior Contributor

I have a favourite !!! The darker-faced brindle !! I WISH I COULD TAKE. .. him? her? Who cares, it's CUTE !!!!

Yes, they're all cute!

And Linx, and Belle and the pics are just so nice!
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Senior Contributor

My gawd they're sweetness in fur!! I want one!! lol. Do you have any idea what the mix is? Mommy looks exhausted. I hope they all find great homes.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old December 12th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

As a last resort, hell, maybe we'll start a holistic food supply business somehow.

Thats a great idea!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old December 12th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Garden nut

The brindle is a female and one we're considering keeping. She's quite a character and loves to follow my feet! It's really difficult to choose, though. We're choosing solely on personality and not looks, but I'm still partial to the brindle and the blondies.

No, we don't know the mix, but it has been suggested a black Lab was involved, but no one knows that dog's heritage either. It is possible that Belle is also a mix with predominate Golden appearance, as her parentage is also unknown.

Trail mix 'o puppies!

The two brown with black masks are also big personalities and have more fluffy coarse fur. Most of the blondies (silky fur) are really laid back and easy going majority of the time but with bouts of playfulness. Black ones (slick smooth fur) are fussier, more vocal than the rest.
Old December 12th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Senior Contributor

OMD such cuteness

Everyone looks great. Belle is amazing \

I sure know the troubles of limited Vet service.... just be glad you have a vet at all - I have to drive 3 hours to see a vet of any kind, emergency or not, it's crazy. I actually think about moving just to be near a better vet. If one of those puppies were to come and live with me (hint, hint ) i'd really have to move closer to a vet.

I'd be curious what kind of things you do to try and get another vet in the area... i'm trying to go down that road too but I haven't any idea of where to begin. How much business does a vet need in order to make a decent living?
I thought about the holistic pet supply business too (we don't have a pet food store of any kind here, it's grocery store stuff or else you have to go out of town, once again that dreaded three hour drive). Once again, I wonder if it's viable in a small remote town?
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old December 13th, 2007, 01:07 AM
-

Re the pet supply business ....is it possible to open something in your home to start with? That way, you could start small without much expense to see how much interest there would be. Or, maybe just put an ad in the paper to see how many people seem interested.
Old December 13th, 2007, 06:42 AM
Garden nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
I'd be curious what kind of things you do to try and get another vet in the area... i'm trying to go down that road too but I haven't any idea of where to begin. How much business does a vet need in order to make a decent living?
I thought about the holistic pet supply business too (we don't have a pet food store of any kind here, it's grocery store stuff or else you have to go out of town, once again that dreaded three hour drive). Once again, I wonder if it's viable in a small remote town?
When you drive around in your area, how many horses or goats do you see? If there is a good number of farm and pleasure animals, there would definitely be a need for a vet, which could easily include dogs and cats. Spend some time observing and asking questions, even to strangers. People love to talk and give their opinion when they aren't being asked to buy something. I'm still working on how to get another vet here. Right now I don't know how other than to just complain a lot about how we need another one. We may have to get drastic and start sending letters and petitions to vet schools begging a new graduate to move out here. It may not hurt to contact the province vet board. We are also working with town employees who have promised to help out and agree we need another vet. There are more dog groomers than vets around the area.

I make comments all the time to various people. Have learned to just speak my mind and state what is wanted and wait. It will happen if it's meant to happen.

About a vet.. well, there's approx 10-15 thousand population around the immediate area and growing all the time. Everywhere I go, people have dogs. Even more have cats. The current vet office is ALWAYS packed. They have 4 chairs in the "waiting room" which basically consists of the counter, a huge rack covering one wall holding food and junk, overpriced toys hanging from the ceiling, 2 exam rooms and a bathroom. To get to the scale you have to squeeze in between people sitting down and people paying at the counter. Not to mention getting around grumpy, growly, bad mannered dogs that cannot be controlled. It's a very small facility. Everytime I go there, I have to wait 15-20 minutes just to get into an exam room and another 20 minutes sitting in there waiting for the vet. Most of the time they don't even have a tech going in to get preliminary info like temperature, etc.

During any visit there while we are waiting, I see about 5 people go in just to buy food. Lots more pop in for claw clipping.

Another vet would make enough money here, certainly. If "normal" appointments are booked 2 months in advance, it almost sounds like a complaint you'd hear about the Canadian hospitals.

There is a health food store in town, but they are really high priced. They might carry the food but I'm sure they would mark it up a ridiculous amount. That store is always busy. Many health conscious and "green" people are around. I observe people closely to see what they buy and how they take it from the stores. I think more people have their own canvas bags than those who don't. Don't see too many folks buying junk food either. All that's needed is to talk with others about alternative pet food options. The urge to be "natural" is already there in lots of people (mass media took care of that! lol), just need to expand that urge to include pet care. All they need is information. I am keeping a photo journal of Belle to "prove" to others how a good diet can turn a pet's health around. Her nose has gone from pink to almost all black in little over a month!!

Well anyway, sorry for rattling on and on. Just don't be afraid to speak up to anyone. Have a friend in on it! When you see a good opportunity, pretend to strike up a conversation where you know others will hear. People love to be nosey and listen to others' conversations in public. Take advantage of that.

Hope things I mentioned here will help you with ideas on getting some things done in your area too!