Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old December 9th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Czarina

I managed to get a good picture of my girl this morning.

As she was walking away from me she looked a bit round. She's either being really well fed, or she is pregnant. I'm hoping its not the latter.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Senior Contributor

She's really pretty,at first I thought she was sitting in snow,thenyou are in Miami
Oh no,I hope she's not preggers!!
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Senior Contributor

LOL, yeah, no snow here.

She's a lovely girl.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Ancientgirl! She is a BEAUTY! I cant beleive the markings on her face! I hope she is not preggers! she looked like she was enjoying whatever she was eating!

Did you ask the vet about pregnancy and options? You know she looks kinda young to me? have you been seeing her for a long time? look at her feet..their big! Does she let you pet her and touch her ? cause maybe she is not too ferel? maybe some TLC and some interaction with your Fantastic Four and she will be okay?

Oh! Oh! you will have to change your name again?? hmm! hmmm! the Fabulous Five??

Good vibes going your way for her! We will have to put out the call for the Setter Spittle and the Fairy Dust just for Good Luck!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Ancientgirl! She is a BEAUTY! I cant beleive the markings on her face! I hope she is not preggers! she looked like she was enjoying whatever she was eating!

Did you ask the vet about pregnancy and options? You know she looks kinda young to me? have you been seeing her for a long time? look at her feet..their big! Does she let you pet her and touch her ? cause maybe she is not too ferel? maybe some TLC and some interaction with your Fantastic Four and she will be okay?

Oh! Oh! you will have to change your name again?? hmm! hmmm! the Fabulous Five??

Good vibes going your way for her! We will have to put out the call for the Setter Spittle and the Fairy Dust just for Good Luck!

Cindy
Her markings are really lovely. She ate every little bit of what I gave her, she most definiately enjoyed it. She does let me pet her and when I go downstairs during the week, she rubs her face against my leg. The grounds keeper says she runs from most people but she actually comes up to me. So I"m hoping she isn't too far gone.

I've only lived here since the end of June. She's not very big, so I'm thinking she might be a couple of years old.

And yeah, a name change is going to be necessary LOL.

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:20 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Pretty, pretty baby! You are lucky to have "found" her but I am one of those firm believers in the kitties finding us. She will love being added to your happy home, I am sure. and Good Luck!!!!!!!!

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Senior Contributor

She's hard to find sometimes too. She blends into the environment down there. I really hope she and my current kitties all get along.

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Dont forget they all need to smell the same so on intro day use some baby powder and it might help you..You just rub some on your hands and then give each one of them a rub too!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Won't that affect them when they are grooming? Is there a special brand I should get?

Old December 9th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

No it doesnt hurt them! I just use Baby Powder Brand. and it is only what amount you put on your hands ( a sprinkle) ..I only use it when I have to take either one to the vet because they smell like the vets and the other animals..it really works to stop the fighting...Although my two are like yours brother and sister rescues they still act different when one smells different?? My vet is the one that suggested it...When they were kittens I had a weekend where one smelled different from being at the vet and when he came home they fought all weekend BAD! so I called the vet and thats what he told me to do?

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old December 9th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Senior Contributor

Okay, cool. I'll buy a small bottle then.

Old December 9th, 2007, 11:40 AM

I used vanilla for this with my degus (regular cooking stuff not perfume or anything) and it worked really well. I'm not sure if it would work on cats.

They have since passed Poncho and Bibi (old age, not the vanilla!)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." -Unknown

Mom to:
Sola: 18 month old black lab/malamute
Luna: 2 year old Siberian Husky (rescue)
Millie: 2.5 year old tabby (rescue)
Layla: ?? year old calico (rescue)

Former mom to (RIP):
Nicole: Maine Coon cat 1985-1999
Poncho: Degu
Bibi: Degu
Josette: St. Bernard, childhood pet
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:53 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
She's hard to find sometimes too. She blends into the environment down there. I really hope she and my current kitties all get along.
Have you decided to adopt her ?

She is lovely ! Love her colours
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Frenchy, I'm going to try bringing her into my home yes. I have an appointment for her already at the vet to have her examined. Once they have a look at her and she gets a much needed bath, I'll bring her inside and hopefully she will be okay with that.

Old December 9th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Senior Contributor

She is very pretty. Love her markings/coloring.

Dracko (GSD) male - 2000 - 31/02/2011 RIP my boy
Mochie (Balinese X/feline) female - 1994 - 07/01/2010 RIP my sweetie
Ginkgo (Siamese X/feline) female - 6 years
Smitty (long-haired white/feline) male - 5 years
Teiya (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years
Kinsey (Ragdoll x/feline) female - 3 years

DON’T BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER PETS DIE!
Old December 9th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Senior Contributor

She really is quite lovely. Too bad you can't really see how pretty her eyes are. Their color is really pretty.

Old December 10th, 2007, 12:57 AM

awww another gorgeous Tortie

Czarina suits her

that all goes well

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Only a couple of weeks more and I can take her to the vet.

I need good vibes all the way. I really hope she doesn't have anything wrong with her.

Old December 10th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Here are some good vibes . You do know that you can't have an odd number of animals, right, one will be left out of play and that just would not be fair at all. Oksana and Vlad match, Kiska and Maks match, so now you will have to find one that matches Czarina .

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL, no I"m not listening lalalallalalalala.

Oksana really sort of sits and watches things mostly. Now and then she'll play with Kiska and Maks, but Vlad is the one who plays most with them.

I'm already pushing things with 5. My apartment just isn't big enough, and I'm stretching my budget as it is. Much as I'd love to have a matching set, I just can't.

I'm even wondering if she will even get along with any of them. I'd just like to give her a safe home, with regular meals.

I'm sure though Maks and Kiska will probably want to play with her. They're still kittens, so they play with everybody.

Old December 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM
-

Holey Moley....I didn't even know that you found another. I must have missed a thread somewhere.

Czarina is very pretty and I LOVE the name.
Old December 12th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I've seen her now and then since I moved to the new place. I see her more often in a certain spot and she's allowed me to pet her and even allowed me to lift her yesterday.

I've decided to take her in, and have a vet appointment for her at the end of the month. I'm hoping everything goes well and she has no health issues. She looks healthy to me, but I'm not a vet.

I've got some time off at the end of the month so I can be at home and hopefully the introductions will go well. I mainly hope she doesn't mind going from and outdoor cat to indoor. That's one of my main concerns.

Old December 12th, 2007, 03:20 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oh ya... you didn't stand a chance.... she's gorgeous!!

That she is healthy and will fit right in. And it's great that she's already let you lift her... may have belonged somewhere before.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old December 12th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I thought it was a really good sign that she did let me pick her up.

Just another week and a half and I can take her to the vet. I'm nervous about all of this, but mainly I just want her to be healthy.

I also need to prepare the litterbox situation. I'm getting a bigger one for upstairs, and I'll be putting another one in the half bath downstairs. I'll just have to see if I can have a cat door installed into the wall, then I'll keep the one in the living room disguised in the furniture.

So 3 litter boxes with 5 cats. I know it should be one for each, but I've got no other place to put two more. Besides, the Fantastic Four don't have any problem sharing right now.

Old December 12th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post
Yeah, I thought it was a really good sign that she did let me pick her up.

Just another week and a half and I can take her to the vet. I'm nervous about all of this, but mainly I just want her to be healthy.

I also need to prepare the litterbox situation. I'm getting a bigger one for upstairs, and I'll be putting another one in the half bath downstairs. I'll just have to see if I can have a cat door installed into the wall, then I'll keep the one in the living room disguised in the furniture.

So 3 litter boxes with 5 cats. I know it should be one for each, but I've got no other place to put two more. Besides, the Fantastic Four don't have any problem sharing right now.

Ancientgirl! That is great news that she let you pick her up! That means she has some trust in you! and it really helps that you have been providing food for her. I think she will trust you more that way! Dont be nervous! You have already made the decision and are good with it! Right? and the vet is booked.. now its just the waiting game! Thats the hard part! I hope she is healthy and everything works out well for you! There must be a reason she is sticking around? maybe she knows she's almost home? (she was thinking? hmm?? if I let her pet me she may really like me and take me home!)

As for the litter box I think 3 will be enough! but alot of people say 1 each but every cat is different..Can you not put one in a small closet somewhere? As long as you show them all where the boxes are they should be okay...Or if you have basement you can put all 3 there..it wont matter if they are all in the same room? maybe your house set up is a little different..

Give it lots of time when you bring her home..to adjust..even if you have to keep her confined..(thats gonna be hard! ) your gonna have all those little paws trying to get under the door to see whats on the other side!!!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

-Unknown
Old December 12th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Ancientgirl! That is great news that she let you pick her up! That means she has some trust in you! and it really helps that you have been providing food for her. I think she will trust you more that way! Dont be nervous! You have already made the decision and are good with it! Right? and the vet is booked.. now its just the waiting game! Thats the hard part! I hope she is healthy and everything works out well for you! There must be a reason she is sticking around? maybe she knows she's almost home? (she was thinking? hmm?? if I let her pet me she may really like me and take me home!)

As for the litter box I think 3 will be enough! but alot of people say 1 each but every cat is different..Can you not put one in a small closet somewhere? As long as you show them all where the boxes are they should be okay...Or if you have basement you can put all 3 there..it wont matter if they are all in the same room? maybe your house set up is a little different..

Give it lots of time when you bring her home..to adjust..even if you have to keep her confined..(thats gonna be hard! ) your gonna have all those little paws trying to get under the door to see whats on the other side!!!

Cindy
I've thought about it and have already prepared myself mentally for it so I'm good with the decision. I've only got two closets, one has the A/C unit in it and I don't want to put anything in there, and the other is my bedroom closet and I don't want to put it in there, plus there's little room for anything else in there.

I live in Miami, no basements here. I wish I had a little screened porch, because then I could put them all out there and have a cat door leading inside. I think the 3 will be good though. Like I said, my current 4 don't mind sharing any of them so I don't think it will be too much of an issue.

I can only keep her separated from them in the hall area. That's the same area they sprung Maks from when I was keeping him quarantined. But since I'm bringing her in while I've got some time off from work, I can be here and supervise things.

I'm hoping she's just been waiting for someone to give her a good home and that she will adjust very well. My vet said she's known many strays who have adjusted really well to being indoors. So much so that when you open the door for them they run the other way. Hopefully Czarina will be one of those cats.

Old December 12th, 2007, 06:10 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

"My vet said she's known many strays who have adjusted really well to being indoors. So much so that when you open the door for them they run the other way. Hopefully Czarina will be one of those cats."

It's funny you say that. When I go over to the catuary to feed and play with mine they line up at the gate but as soon as I open it they back off. It's quite amusing.
And at the moment I only have 4 litterboxes going. I am going to add more when I put an addition on their shed next spring. But they use the great outdoors for part of their toileting anyway. Just leave me the nuggets.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old December 12th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm hoping to be able to get either my own place in a couple of years or at the very least find a small house I can afford to rent. I really want something with two bedrooms and a patio.