Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM

Sad story, with a semi-happy ending!!

I was at my mom's house last week, and we saw this gorgeous kitty! She was BEAUTIFUL! I think she's a tortoise or whatever they're called. (I'm better with dog breeds then cat breeds!), but boy was she pretty!

Anyways, we thought she was this cat that's been coming around for years that we named Marble and we just thought she'd lost a lot of weight. Well, turns out this kitty is only about a year old, not spayed or tatooed, and probably just had a litter not long ago. Since she looks just like Marble, we figured Marble must have had kittens, and then her kittens had kittens!

Well, this little girl was sooooooo sweet! She purred the whole time we were with her. She ate some food we brought out for her, and then we took her to the pet hospital, where they were going to transport her to the SPCA after giving her a look over in the morning. I asked them to let me know if she isn't adopted out, as I would have been willing to take her in to find her a home. The SPCA only gives them 7 - 10 days before euthanizing, and she's so sweet, that I didn't think she deserved that fate. Before I called the pet hospital, I phoned the MEOW foundation, but since they're volunteer run, they only check messages left on a regular basis. She needed to get out of the cold. Well, Carlos didn't like the idea of keeping her too much, but lucky for him, the MEOW foundation, a no kill cat rescue, called me the next morning, just before she was on her way to the SPCA, and they took her in!! YAY!!! Then, the lady went looking by my parents house for stray kittens and said if we see anymore, to call them.

Sorry for the long-ness of my story, but I'm just so happy for this little girl! Carlos is just happy she won't become another resident in our house of chaos! We already have one foster kitty on top of our 3, and man are things CRAZY!! What would I do without them though??
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:29 PM
Senior Contributor

Well I think it worked out well. Good story
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:38 PM
Kitty Consort

That is great to know that this lovely girl now has a second chance! Bet she will find a wonderful forever home before long
Old February 23rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
Senior Contributor

That is a great story....she must have been someone's pet if she was that sweet.
Good for you!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:14 PM

Quote:
she must have been someone's pet if she was that sweet
See, that's what I thought, but it didn't seem like it at all. She was tiny and pretty skinny. She had no tatoo or anything, and so I'm not sure if she did belong to someone. The other older cat that looks just like her, was also very sweet, but also had no home. I think they're so sweet because the neighbourhood kids are always petting them and cuddling them. No bad experiences with people as of yet. Who knows. All I know is that if she had a home and they loved her, she wouldn't have been out on the streets with no tatoo or collar. It's a shame, and I hope there aren't any more out in the neighbourhood!
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:42 PM
Senior Contributor

I often find that cats who are sweet in nature are not feral and have or at least had a family. Ferals tend to run as fast as they can away from you. These cats do not sound feral at all. And keep in mind that many people do not have a collar on their cats. It's be wonderful if they did but alas, they don't. You might want to post her on a Pets Missing site just to be sure and if you talk to the SPCA agaon, give them a picture in case she dod have a family. Those tortoiseshell kitties can be so cute!