Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Introduce yourself here - Say hello

Old March 16th, 2013, 10:25 PM

Thumbs up Just saying hello

Hello from Las Vegas. I hope this is the proper place to say hello...I am a senior citizen so if I did it wrong, will someone please guide me? I have 5 cats and 3 dogs, 2 cockateils, approx 50 doves, and daughter has 8 horses and 3 African Grey parrots, and 2 dogs...so this is a True animal lover's home! One of my cats, Meesha, fainted today as she was trying to hack up a fur ball..or so it seemed to me. It scared me to death because she just fell over and looked DEAD!!! Is this possible? Was it lack of oxygen since she hacked and coughed so hard???
Old March 16th, 2013, 11:02 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hi, Jul. Sounds like you have a very full house!

As for your kitty, it's probably best to post a separate thread with a descriptive title that describes the problem. Not everyone checks the introduction forum, but I'll bet you'll get some good advice if you post in the kitty health forum With luck, our kitty gurus will be signing on in the next few days and someone will have some good advice for you.

Meanwhile, I would be remiss if I didn't bug you for pictures of your menagerie. We really love pics. Welcome to the board!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Welcome, Jul. Your place sounds like mine...7 dogs, 2 cats, 2 ponies, 15 sheep and a cockatoo. Fun being owned by so many, isn't it? Re your cat. Don't know what would have caused her problem but I had a dog do something very similar. Came in, vomited a bit, then rushed to me, evidently in distress, and landed on his belly at my feet, front legs stretched out, ditto for the back legs. Totally out to it! I assumed he'd choked too, although he had made a strange sound when vomiting so my vet actually thought he may have been having a type of seizure. Don't know whether he was right and only once more in his life did it happen, that time he got straggery, then keeled over sideways. This made the vet believe the blood was being cut off (to his brain, or heart)somewhere. Let's hope it doesn't happen to your cat ever again.