Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants

Old March 3rd, 2010, 06:01 PM
-

Oh YEAH??? Well, MY dawg is nuttier than YOUR dawg

Seriously, I really, really, REALLY do love Ceili but, she is an all-out nutter. Never before have I met a grrrly like Ceili. And I'm afraid there isn't anywhere else to look but me in all of this...I've had the little crackpot since she was a wee-weeny-wee. Sigh....

So here it is... how whackapalooza is yours?

Ceili...will RUN with a maniacal look on her face from one room into the corner and behind a bookshelf of another room ~~~ if she can-just-squeeze-herself in there... (We all know that bookshelves are the best protection from poltergeists)

Ceili...will sniff over (as in REALLY check it out molecule by molecule) a piece of raw steak before she will eat it. (Heaven knows, one shouldn't be expected to have to actually do something as undignified as chew)

Ceili...will pass over the same piece of raw steak if it's "too big" for her dainty little delicate mouth. (A logical hesitation given the number of times I have tried to poison her)

Ceili...will throw herself on the ground five times within ten feet to do a "happy dance" if it means escaping the dreaded driveway. (Why, just last year the driveway up and attacked Ceili with absolutely no provocation)

So... anyone else got a "Ready for Prime Time" neurotic whackjob ~ I mean loveable wonderdog???
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:46 PM
-

good ones M3X

I've been told great danes were mellow dogs .... but Nelly will zoom from living room to my bedroom and do 360* on my bed , until bed is halfway on the floor.

Sienna will lay her upper body on visitors lap when we're sitting at the table (I told her no but all my friends go : no no let her ... )

Jack will tease Sienna until she chases him to the bedroom , Sienna then comes back in living room , Jack comes back and starts again ....

Churchill will do a little dance and some rooroos when he wants to go back outside

and all 3 cats will be with the dogs unless there on the kitchen island , then they will b*tch slap all the dogs that dare to walk by
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm trying to envision Churchill doing a little dance

Anyway you could get video???

I has a crush on Churchill....
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypitgirls View Post
I'm trying to envision Churchill doing a little dance

Anyway you could get video???

I has a crush on Churchill....
oh but there is one ! I posted it last week
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
-

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68640
Old March 3rd, 2010, 10:35 PM
-

He is waaayyyyy too cute but he has definite goofballitis potential.

And I can just picture Nelly, swizzling that bed around until it's just PERFECT! (half on the floor, sheets going in three directions, duvet looking like a weird meringue...)
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Senior Contributor

My girl Shadow is nutjob material. When we come in from our evening walk (and only the evening walk) she'll ask for a cookie. While Halo eats hers halfway in the door, Shadow will take hers and literally run laps around the house with it. Through the kitchen, into the living room, out the other side down the hall into our bedroom. Back into the kitchen, back into the living room, back out into the hallway and back down to the bedroom. Repeat this three more times... Now she will settle with the cookie in the living room and bury it under her little carpet bed from whence Halo will remove it five minutes later and eat it when she figures nobody will notice.

Shadow is 70 lbs but will also refuse a piece of meat if it is too large (like bigger than the top of your thumb). Helloooooo - you are a big dog, you can handle a piece of meat bigger than a dime.

Yeah, don't get me started with nutcase dogs.
Old March 4th, 2010, 03:45 AM
Senior Contributor

I'll start with Kato the Rottie, he is about as neurotic as can be.
He is always lunging and barking at my 21 year old son. He doesn't try to bite him or anything like that, he just pounces in his direction and roorooo's at him. If my son ignores him he'll follow him all the way down the stairs roorooing, until my son acknowledges him. After that he's fine.
Kato, also likes to sleep with my bras... He will pull them out of the laundry and put them on his bed and go to sleep. He will watch intently as I pick them up in the morning and put them back in the laundry. there's more to his whackjobbyness, but I'd be here all night.

Abby, well she likes to stick her butt up in the air when ppl walk by her bed. She also likes to perform headstands while making funny noises. She puts the top of her head flat down on her bed, and turns it back and forth while making pony sounds...it's just weird to watch.
She also likes to "slap", it never fails, when a man comes in the house she will rear up and slap him in the crotch with her only front paw. It looks so deliberate too!
She also get embarrassed when she farts, she'll attack her butt like no tomorrow!

Jersey, she really has no funny quirks, other than she loves to steal my seat.
If I'm sitting in my leather recliner and get up to get a drink, she'll climb up and curl up on the recliner. So then I sit on the loveseat, if I have to get up to do something I come back and sure enough she has moved into the spot I just left. Other than that she's quite normal.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Senior Contributor

Geee, I think your dogs all sound cute,,,not whackjobs! LOL

[QUOTE=Luvmypitgirls;891520]

Kato, also likes to sleep with my bras... He will pull them out of the laundry and put them on his bed and go to sleep.

Kato want to use them as a sleeping mask,,ear muffs or maybe his nose is cold. LOL

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)

Last edited by Tundra_Queen; March 4th, 2010 at 06:48 AM. Reason: my typing stinks LOL
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:03 AM
-

I am not alone....
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh yeah, after Halo eats she has to go into the living room and stand on her head and rub her head into her floor blanket too. It's like she has to clean her face of. It's too funny.
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:39 PM
-

I wouldn't say that Reb is "nuttier" but he is definately missing a few screws ....He stands at the door to come in, I open the door, he continues to stand there wondering what he should do next
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
I wouldn't say that Reb is "nuttier" but he is definately missing a few screws ....He stands at the door to come in, I open the door, he continues to stand there wondering what he should do next

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
ohhh my guys do something similar .... Daisy () use to ask out , go on the deck , turn around and ask in again so she could .... get a cookie because I use to give her one after she did her business outside

now Sienna and Jack will sometime ask out from the sun room , then I see them running to the deck and ask in from the kitchen door to ... yes , get a cookie
Old March 4th, 2010, 03:26 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

nice to know mine aren't the only odd puppers in the pack..

Qman must and i mean must great you with something when you come to our home,,usually my shoe,,doesn't seem to matter to him that my foot may still be in it.

He could be halfway across the room but must come right up into your face to burp..

Bailey,,looooooves having his bum smacked to the point he will back right up to you and if you don't smack he will flick his back foot backwards to kick you.

lately we kept finding the bathtowels on the floor, thinking it was q knocking them off when he was in the washroom,,,nope it's bailey using them for traction to jump into the tub and sit there.
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Skylar's a bit of a weirdo too. I think they must do this to confuse us and amuse themselves at our bewilderment.

She loves to ride her upside down bike, she rolls onto her back and wriggles around while kicking her legs like she's pedalling a bike. It cracks us up.

She also must have something in her mouth to greet us when we come home, but only during the week and only the second person that arrives home, usually DH. Then she shows the item to the arriving person, but brings the item to the person that was already home.

She goes nuts if you count to 3 slowly. 1...2...3, it's the most exciting thing.

When I'm cooking, she positions herself on the floor between my feet and the cupboard without fail and just lays there getting in my way.

Meowy Meowers - Angus n' Finn - 5 yrs old
Barky Barker - Skylar - 4 yrs old??
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

oh oh i fogot a couple..

if one of us is putting cologne on,,we HAVE to spray some on the bathmat so bailey can roll on it to stink nice too.

And i haven't taken a bath alone since quincy was able to see over the side of the tub,,,it is really rather disturbing..
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:21 PM

Mansa will get the "zoomies" too. He does NASCAR around the house. He will run from the back door into the living room and springboard himself off the back of the loveseat and then dash into the bedroom and leap onto the bed to slide on the bedding... then back again. One of these days, I think he's going to go right through the picture window behind the loveseat. The best part is when he does it, we all laugh. If we are having a bad day for any reason, he will suddenly start the NASCAR thing. As soon as he springboards off the loveseat, he stops and looks at us and waits for us to laugh. When we do, he does it again. He's such a sweet thing.

Linus also will randomly start zipping around the pot shelves in the house like he is chasing another cat, or being chased. He will even fall on the floor and roll around like he is wrestling with another cat. We think he is playing with Minnie

The Maine Coon Mafia (litter mates)
Casey - Male Maine Coon, 3 years
Mak - Male Maine Coon, 3 years

The abandoned newcomer: Linus - Male Tabby, 1 year
Minnie - Female Tortie, RIP 9/3/93-8/18/09 (In Heaven, but never far from our hearts)

The Pooches... Best friends for life.
Miko - Male Chi/Terrier mix, 2 years
Mansa - Male Pit Bull, 1 year
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
ohhh my guys do something similar .... Daisy () use to ask out , go on the deck , turn around and ask in again so she could .... get a cookie because I use to give her one after she did her business outside

now Sienna and Jack will sometime ask out from the sun room , then I see them running to the deck and ask in from the kitchen door to ... yes , get a cookie
Well your dogs aren't dumb...they know how to get what they want.

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:30 PM

Oh, this is a fun game!

SCruffy - is a total fetch monster. It's what he lives for. BUT If the ball lands within two feet of poo, he won't touch it. He'll walk around, stare at it and wait for me to eventually pick it up,so his delicate nose doesn't have to smell poo when he picks up his ball.
- Plays fetch with anyone BUT me, will actually run all across the park looking for someone (preferably male) to play fetch with. Anyone but mom.
Digs holes under the fence - not for HIM to crawl under, but for the neighbor's dog to crawl under to visit him
Once took his leash and stuffed it under the other neighbor's fence..still not sure if he was hiding it, or he wanted to go for a walk.
Knows he gets his bedtime cookie around 10:30. If I stay up late on a weekend, he'll go and sit at his 'cookie spot' until I realize I"m up too late, and he's tired and ready for bed!
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Doggie Wench

The younger girls here are the nuttiest.

Penny's another seat snatcher. It's a hoot to see guests' faces if they've gotten up from the table only to return a minute later with Penny in their place . Of course everyone's been warned not to stare at her nor handle her so they just stand there looking, um, dumb . She also rings the bells at the back door to let us know when she wants us to open another door in the house...including the door to the garage when she wants to go for a car ride .

Hold on tight to anything in your hands if Nukka's around. In a split second she'll steal it and bolt off with her head turned towards you, I swear, laughing the all the way. Call her back and she pretends she found what you lost and waits for a treat for her retrieve .
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:01 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Our dogs are all perfectly well-adjusted s...

Well, except for Brier who never came out of his paper-eating phase, and Ridge who is scared to go outside the yard, and Cass who has learned how to open the closet door to pull the treat box off the shelf and...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old March 5th, 2010, 03:02 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
Well your dogs aren't dumb...they know how to get what they want.
they have train me well
Old March 5th, 2010, 09:45 PM

!

Oh my God! I am laughing in hysterics about all of the above!!! Each as funny as the next!!!
All our furry friends.have us so wrapped around the little finger its comicial. I have a Golden Retreiver and three cats from 5 months to 15 yrs old. With one at 15 yrs old, I would definately have to say,the cats rule the house. And, as of late, I really think the 5 month old kitten is king of the castle. I know the five month old had a few hair raising first few weeks, being found in the engine of a car,ertc. but since then he really made his prescence known! At only five months, he is the boss of the other three for sure!!
Old March 6th, 2010, 11:42 AM
-

Ceili will...walk with her head and neck between my legs so that her head flops back and forth. Hmmmm... <runs to look up self-inflicted brain damage in dogs>

Ceili will...wake me up by whining when she wants up on a different side of the bed and then almost immediately get off and go to another room. Why? because she can...

Ceili will...only chew on bones her sister has "pre-gnawed" for her. Royalty has it's perks don'tchaknow!
Old March 6th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Sunshine will play rough with our cat ,Dr. Seuss, UNLESS he is sitting inside her crate, which apperently is the time-out zone.
Sunshine will steal/eat anything left on the floor EXCEPT for Dr Seuss's favorite toy, his spring thing, which she never ever touches.(we try to keep it in the part of the house where she isn't allowed but Seuss keeps bringing it back to her area)
Sunshine bullies Seuss to no end, but all Misty has to do is raise a paw and Sunshine backs down, barking for a rescue from the "scary" cat.
If Misty is sitting too close to one of her toys Sunshine barks/aroos until someone comes and removes the cat or the toy.
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:03 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Sunshine bullies Seuss to no end, but all Misty has to do is raise a paw and Sunshine backs down, barking for a rescue from the "scary" cat.
If Misty is sitting too close to one of her toys Sunshine barks/aroos until someone comes and removes the cat or the toy.
Reminds me of a friend's home where the Yorkie ruled the roost. Her brother was a Irish Wolfhound.
Old March 8th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Sunshine also likes to greet Dad by chewing on his arm. We have managed to discourage her from doing it to strangers(although she will thoroughly wash hands and faces) but Dad encourages her. He comes home and she will roo, roo until he sits down and lets her put his arm in her mouth, then she will sit and moan and groan until he tells her enough. She is very gentle, just holds lightly and doesn't leave so much as a dent behind (Well, okay, lots of slobber)
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old March 8th, 2010, 09:53 AM

Well, those are all pretty entertaining stories. I don't know if Phoebe is Queen Whackjob, but she belongs in the Whackjob Royal Court for sure.

Any loud noise (smoke detector, nail gun, kids dropping toys on the floor) will have her running to hide in our bedroom. It's now gotten to the point when I cook certain foods (the ones we KNOW will set off the smoke alarm) she'll run to the bedroom before the smoke alarm even starts buzzing.

Most treats she'll eat in seconds flat. Milk Bones, however, seem to offend her. Give her a milk bone, and she'll give you the same look that a 6 year old would if you asked him to eat broccoli. Then she'll take the offending cookie over to her bed, lay it in the middle, "talk" to it for a few minutes ("Roo roo. I said roo roo! Why aren't you going away?!") then walk in circles while trying to "bury" it in her bed by pushing the cushion over top of it with her nose. If we give her one before we leave the house, she'll wait until we've walked out the door and then "bury" it in the sofa. When we come home, she'll run over and "dance" around it until we dig it back up for her.

The cat is no more sane than the dog is. Marble is now 8 months old, and ridiculously talkative. If we're out of her sight, she "calls" us until we answer her, she walks around the kids' rooms while they're at school "calling" them too. She talks to the birds outside, and to the bugs stuck in the window (before she pounces and kills them, that is). Oh, and she's recently decided that she likes to play "fetch". She'll bring us her rolled up ball of aluminium foil, stare at us until we throw it for her, chase it around for a few seconds, then bring it back to us, drop it at our feet and stare at us again. Gotta get that one on video soon before she decides it isn't fun anymore.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:38 PM
-

What clever and entertaining nanimules you have W4F !