Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum > Movies - T.V. - Videos

Old September 17th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Senior Contributor

What's your favorite reality show?

I never used to watch reality shows because I just hate all the stupid drama and back stabbing.

Then I noticed new kind of shows started coming out, like Project Runway, or Top Chef. I'm addicted now.

I love watching these because I like getting ideas. Like Top Chef, or Next Food Network Star and HGTV Design Star. It's nice to just see what these people create and try to do something similar.

Project Runway and The Fashion Show I like watching because I really like the clothes and seeing all the different styles.

I also liked the Animal Planet one, Groomer Has it.

My guilty pleasure though is Real Housewives of Atlanta and sometimes NY.

How about you guys? What are your favorites and why?
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Pumpkin' Dumplin' Gang

I love Hell's Kitchen. Chef Ramsey......that guy is just wicked!!
3+ cats......Surround sound
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Senior Contributor

OK - you people are going to think I am cheap but I will tell the truth...deep breath....Daisy of Love...now you are going to scratch your heads, but there is a reason.

I am always on pins and needles and I need comic relief. This show is about a woman that has a bunch of men falling at her feet, trying to steal some time with her, and are attentative (in stupid ways mind you). But hey - she is having a blast and why not?? IT's so ridiculous and silly, I find it funny at times. (other times I have my finger down my throat..but hey - it balances).

I am not sure if this twisted show makes me feel good but I sure have a good laugh at how strange people can be.

I want my own show: For the Likes of BenMax...tolerate her and you get a free meal at Harveys.
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatharmony View Post
I love Hell's Kitchen. Chef Ramsey......that guy is just wicked!!
I caught that a few times. Every other word was *bleep*
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old September 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
OK - you people are going to think I am cheap but I will tell the truth...deep breath....Daisy of Love...now you are going to scratch your heads, but there is a reason.

I am always on pins and needles and I need comic relief. This show is about a woman that has a bunch of men falling at her feet, trying to steal some time with her, and are attentative (in stupid ways mind you). But hey - she is having a blast and why not?? IT's so ridiculous and silly, I find it funny at times. (other times I have my finger down my throat..but hey - it balances).

I am not sure if this twisted show makes me feel good but I sure have a good laugh at how strange people can be.

I want my own show: For the Likes of BenMax...tolerate her and you get a free meal at Harveys.

On the contrary, I think many people do the same as you. I also watch those Model competition shows for the comic relief. LOL

Sometimes you look at those people and think, man I sure hope they don't breed.

Old September 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM

I love Project Runway and What Not to Wear (obviously). I also get addicted to So You Think You Can Dance. I will admit that I sometimes let myself watch American Idol, but only the auditions...it's hilarious to see how deluded some people are! I used to watch Animal Cops on Animal Planet, but I don't get the channel anymore :sad:

What I really can't stand are all the matchmaker shows...the Bachelor, etc. And I've never watched an entire episode of Survivor...just doesn't interest me!

I think home makeover shows are harmless and can't really be considered "vapid"...I love Divine Design, Colour Confidential, Restaurant Makeover, etc...

Oh and of course, WEDDING SOS! Nobody else in my family watches it, though, not even to show their support
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes EOF - I like designer shows as well. They are on only Saturdays and Sundays during the day however so I miss them normally.
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Senior Contributor

One show I catch now and then also is Bridezillas. Yikes!

These women are nuts. I have to say, if my best friend had treated me the way some of these women treat their friends/bridesmaids, well, lets just say she'd no longer be my best friend. I'd walk away from that wedding with no guilt.

Old September 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientgirl View Post

These women are nuts. I have to say, if my best friend had treated me the way some of these women treat their friends/bridesmaids, well, lets just say she'd no longer be my best friend. I'd walk away from that wedding with no guilt.
I've never heard of that one! But I don't know if I could stand watching grown women behave that way. I can't even stand to watch those spoiled-rotten teens on "My Super Sweet Sixteen"

Thank goodness we don't have many bridezillas on "SOS"...but we have had some absolutely couples, especially this season!
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Geek Club CEO

My guilty pleasures (the ones that send DW upstairs to find something better to do) include "Top Model" and "so you think you can dance", but I also like Hell's Kitchen, and DW and I both can get pretty wrapped up in Big Brother.
Jaida - GSD - tripod trainwreck and gentle soul (4)
Heidi - mugsly Boston Terrier X - she is in BIG trouble!!! (3)
Audrey - torbie - sweet as pie (11 months)
Patrick - blue - a little turd (but we like him anyways) (6 months)
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Cake Boss!

SO hilarious, and fun to watch how he creates every unique cake. Love that show!

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old September 17th, 2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey_ View Post
Cake Boss!

SO hilarious, and fun to watch how he creates every unique cake. Love that show!
I forgot about Cake Boss! Love that one, even though some of the scenarios are so obviously staged. Have you seen Ace of Cakes? It's very similar but I find the "characters" much more likeable.
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Senior Contributor

I am actually fairly intelligent,so do not judge me by what I watch
I watch,American/Canadian Idol,Americas/Canadas next top model,Survivor(starting tonight).
Love any dance-shows,So you think you can Dance the most...but I'll sit through Dancing with the Stars.
My all time favorite is and has always been The Amazing Race(starting next Sunday)
Also I have been watching sooooo much of Ceasar Milan (Sp?) I think I could be a dog-trainer
Old September 20th, 2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:

My sentiments exactly, ancient girl. It's hard to watch an entire episode. The Bridezilla's treat their bridesmaids and soon to be husbands like crap. I feel embarrassed for them. One Bridezilla was treating her mother-in-law so badly...screaming and cursing at her and the poor woman was just taking it. She had absolutely no backbone. I would have told that little *itch what she could go and do to herself. Her treatment of the woman was intolerable.

I prefer to watch the courtroom shows. I like Judge Alex, Judge Marilyn, Judge Judy, etc. I know I'm leaving some judges out. They can read the plaintiffs and defendants so well and can catch them in all of their lies in a New York minute. They don't miss a trick.
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM
-

Survivor .... first reality show ever , and IMO , the only one worth watching. I hate 99% of the others. I think there's way too many of them now , it's ridiculous. Now you can't have good sitcoms as we did before like Cheers , Seinfeld , Friends etc .....

it's like junk tv every night. So I'm basicly watching teletoon before I go to bed
Old September 20th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post
My sentiments exactly, ancient girl. It's hard to watch an entire episode. The Bridezilla's treat their bridesmaids and soon to be husbands like crap. I feel embarrassed for them. One Bridezilla was treating her mother-in-law so badly...screaming and cursing at her and the poor woman was just taking it. She had absolutely no backbone. I would have told that little *itch what she could go and do to herself. Her treatment of the woman was intolerable.

I prefer to watch the courtroom shows. I like Judge Alex, Judge Marilyn, Judge Judy, etc. I know I'm leaving some judges out. They can read the plaintiffs and defendants so well and can catch them in all of their lies in a New York minute. They don't miss a trick.
I have to say, the men who marry these women are totally spineless as well.

Frenchy, it's true. Between no good sitcomes and Hollywood remaking everything, it makes you wonder if there is any creativity left.

Old September 20th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Garden nut

Quote:
Frenchy, it's true. Between no good sitcoms and Hollywood remaking everything, it makes you wonder if there is any creativity left.
There are a lot of good shows out there, and TRUE reality - not just a bunch of people shoved in a single place to see "what if" like some social experiment.

Documentaries like "In Debt We Trust" - an excellent one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXWgQZW3Vy8

One documentary I can't wait to see is "Crude," about an Ecuadorian people's class-action lawsuit against Chevron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duFXuRnd2CU
Sandy Belle Sheeba - born 11/14/07 at 12:30 pm Linx Jasper

Last edited by CearaQC; September 20th, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old September 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Senior Contributor

My favorite channel to watch is History channel, and channels like that. Just yesterday I saw a documentary called "Stealing Lincoln's Body." It was so interesting! That's the kind of stuff I love to watch.

Old September 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Kitty pimp

aotu racing

college f ball
hockey
Old September 23rd, 2009, 03:07 AM

Wouldn't it be great if there were to be a Seinfeld reunion? They could pick up where they left off with Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer getting out of jail and starting their lives over. Only at this point in time they would be at least ten years older. I wouldn't care about that. I'd watch this bunch of characters acting together if they were in their 90's. Seinfeld is akin to a modern day "I Love Lucy".
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:04 AM
Senior Contributor

I've never even heard of most of those shows! If american idol is a reality show then thats what I watch, my tv is off unless hubs is here, but once american idol starts I'm all eyes...and ears, I've watched the last 3 seasons without fail
Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:24 AM
Rottie owner and lover

For me it has to be the biggest loser, each time I watch it it gives me more motivation to go where I need to go, and see what I never want to be.
Old September 25th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Senior Contributor

I've been watching the 2 first episodes of Survivor,but that's it,no more
I just cannot stand seeing "Russel"in his grey underwear anymore and he is a total jerk
I guess he's good for ratings and I am sure he's been told to be the bad guy,but he's disgusting
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Biggest Loser fan here, the motivation and true wish to lose weight and become healthy. IMO it has to have helped 1000's of others that watch it at home.
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

My favorite is my life.

I'm not big on reality shows at all, I liked Temptation Island back in the day it was on, but thats about all.
Old September 25th, 2009, 09:39 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by badabing View Post
Wouldn't it be great if there were to be a Seinfeld reunion?
There will be one , kinda. On Curb Your Enthusiasm (same producer) but I forgot when ..... it's not soon , that I know.
Old October 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Senior Contributor

End of Fashion, are you involved in the making of Wedding SOS? (Sorry if I should know this...I'm usually popping in and out quickly while I'm working)

That sounds like a very cool job !
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Senior Contributor

I like "So you think you can dance" and "Idol". It shows off young talent and I like how they can get recognized. I watched a few others but it's starting to wear off now. Too many on.
Old November 12th, 2009, 10:15 PM

Mine are:
Monday: Canada's Worst Driver
Tuesday: Biggest Loser (they should really do a Canadian version, that would boost our economy up since it has soo many plugs for consumer products)
Thursday: Survivor (OMG best episode ever tonight!)

and Hell's Kitchen when it's on.

Last edited by dollface; November 12th, 2009 at 10:32 PM.
Old November 13th, 2009, 04:42 AM
-

Big Brother
Survivor
Amazing Race
American Idol
Canadian Idol

And, I agree ....we need more good comedies. The only ones I watch now is Two and a Half Men and Family Guy but still enjoy the old reruns when I come across them.