Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old April 30th, 2003, 12:18 PM

Angry Eating my under-wear...

Can someone please help me?

My 14 month old dog has suddenly begun eating my under-wear, regardless whether it is clean or dirty. I am a very clean person (well most of the time) and find it rather unusal. This has only happened recently and I would therefore appreciate any advice on how to avoid this.

A good relative has suggested not washing some of my clothes for a few days and then seeing if she takes to these instead. Although this is much against my nature, is it a good idea and could it work? Will my dog get bored of munching on my small's?

Please help me....Suzi
Old May 17th, 2003, 10:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Did you try putting your dirty clothes in a hamper and then into a closet?? Or try closing your drawers? Or closing your bedroom door?? I've grown up with dogs all my life and have never had that problem - as long as you pick up after yourself!
Old May 21st, 2003, 12:10 AM

Smile

My favorite is when the pet decides to bring your undies into the livingroom when you have company- that is always a joy!
This is common behavior to me with both cats and dogs. I think it has something to do with our scent even if the clothes are clean. Not to get too graffic but what is the main body area that dogs sniff at??? It has nothing to do with your cleanliness, I really think it is just that your pet loves you a whole lot and what better way to get close to you. Personally, I would rather have my pets do the dishes or something.

I reread your posting and thought of something else. I am thinking if this is something new and your dog is pretty young, it may have something to do with hormones. Maybe his hormones reacting to yours??? Just a thought.
Old May 21st, 2003, 04:20 PM

This use to happen to me on occasion to and yes it was embarrassing if you had company walking in the house with you when you were arriving home to find your undies had been chewed and they were laying in the livingroom. LOL One of those priceless moments isnt it.
I just think its a natural instinct and the only way to stop it is to make sure they are not obtainable. Put your hamper or basket in your closet and keep your drawers closed. )