Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please

Old January 20th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

You guys bring tears to my eyes. really. Your all great people. Here is a universal pat on the back to you all. YOur my heroes and heroes of all things furry!!!! I hope I can one day rescue a dog (once we are settled in a house)
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Senior Contributor

Same here,I got goose-bumps and I am crying,you guys are just amazing :love: :love:
Montreal might have the worst public sheltersystem and animal-cruelty laws,but they certainly have some wonderful people
There is no words in my vocabulary to express how I feel,I just LUV you guys
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

OMG I am crying here.
It's amazing how quick, everyone came together for these dogs in need.
You guys are awsome, I'm sure there is a special place in heaven for all you
Before coming to this site i seemed to only see the bad side of people, it was like no one cared about animals!! :sad: Now I know there are alot of wonderful animal lovers, who do feel like I do about animals.
It's just so wonderfiul to know.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

all set

We're all set to meet the convoy of dogs tonight. It's kind of exciting as a fair showing of the rescue groups will be out in full force for the hand off. I'm sure all of us will get back to you with how it went, what it was like, etc... Now all we have to do is wait until 9pm! If all goes well, the town is considering helping out with the project on a more regular basis. They have already offered to put anyone up overnight who wants to come pick up a few dogs. The community has pulled together both up North and in the Montreal Area. They want just as much as all of us do, to help these dogs get a better life. Amazing what a few emails can do in such a short time!
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Senior Contributor

BMDlover,please keep us posted and if you end up in the news,I am sure everyone wants to read about it..
Once again,you guys are amazing.....cheers for the Internet
Old January 20th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Senior Contributor

As I said before you guys rock and maybe some good will come out of this get some press for these guys and the next roundup will mean less dogs will be .... and more found homes.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old January 20th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Brilliant, all of it. The attitude of the town, the big-hearted people who are taking these dogs in, the guy who's transporting them, everyone. A tsunami of compassion. And if the town is interested, maybe a low-cost or free spay clinic could be held there as well as some education. Don't want to paint everyone with the same brush here, but where my mother lives on Vancouver Island, reserve dogs are a big problem.

I want one!!!
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Senior Contributor

I am so overwhelmed just reading about this rescue! Not being in Canada, I sometimes feel out of it a bit, but this just brings the stories of animal rescue to life! I'm so proud to be part of this forum and to be acquainted with such great people. How come the media never covers this stuff?
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Senior Contributor

thank you

THANK YOU TO ALL THE RESCUERS OF THIS SITE!!
After the crappy day that I've had, I come to this web site, read stories like this one, and leave a happy camper!
You are all amazing, you should give yourselves a huge pat on the back, you're doing a great job. Animals are much better off because of people like you!

Deep thought, by Jack Handey : "I think my new thing will be to try to be a real happy guy. I'll just walk around being real happy until some jerk says something stupid to me."
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:33 PM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Thumbs up How did it go?

So, did Bram and the dogs get there OK? What kind of shape were the pooches in? How were they with their fosters? How is their health? You guys are great. I am telling everyone I meet when walking in the woods with my furbabies about this situation and the rescue sites to look on if they know anyone looking to adopt.

Hope they all find warm and loving homes soon. Bless you all
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:26 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Great Evening!

It was such a cold night, we couldn't imagine how these dogs survived being outside all the time. There were lots of wagging tails, kisses and snuggles from all the dogs. The humans were pretty affectionate too, lol! Bram did a fantastic job and Rosie's coordinated it extremely well. It was definitely a night to remember. I'm sure you'll start seeing them on the sites soon. Right now they are enjoying warm blanket, love and indoor heating!
Old January 21st, 2005, 02:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Glad it all came off so well kudos to all who were involved
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:24 PM
Foxy's Canine Companions

Amazing experience

Last night's meet was amazing, everyone coming together to help. It was great to see my all my friends from Rosie's again in one place and kudo's to Anne for coordinating such a huge effort. Bram is everyone's hero at the moment. The two we took are warm and safe and the little pup is very cuddly and loves to give kisses and has the bluest eyes you've ever seen. Pictures will be posted soon.

We all often wonder why we put in so much time, neglect our families and push ourselves to the limit. Last night gave us the answer. Although many of you could not be there in person, we know you were all with us in spirit in that parking lot and cheering along with us.

It was truly an amazing evening.
Old January 21st, 2005, 04:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww,here we go again,draining those sinuses..but it's from a warm fuzzy feeling,I am sooo happy for those dogs and the incredible people making this rescue possible.I take it Bram is the person initiating the whole thing and he truly is a hero,together with everyone else.
I hope all the dogs will be found healthy and adoptable and that they will never again feel cold or hunger :love:
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:48 PM
Senior Contributor

BMDluver, I have the details about the free spay/neuter and vaccs for one dog in Ottawa.

What email addy do I send it to?
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:53 PM
Senior member - formerly goldengirl

sweetheart

The little golden is a sweetheart. He was camera shy in the pics Bram sent. All you could see was his nose poking out of the dog house.

He is tiny (possibly a touch of husky in him), but appears to be basically healthy and HUNGRY !!! Lots of kisses, he is still a bit shy of the big city, stairs, etc, but bright and learns quickly - thankgoodness, because house training will need to be one of his first lessons !!!

It was freezing cold in that parking lot last night, but somehow you just did not notice in the excitment. A couple of folks who were not even taking in fosters braved the cold last night to come out and give Bram and the dogs a warm reception.

The pup's working name for the moment is Nugget, because he is a little piece of precious gold.

We cannot say enough about Bram who organized the whole thing and drove all those hours with the dogs. At the very least, he is an angel and a Knight in Shining Armour to these lucky 10 and more to come
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:31 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

Thanks LR

Please send the details to foxysanimaladoption@hotmail.com The sponsor will help Blue. She is about 5 months old, husky lab mix, with the most incredible blue eyes. She is very spunky but when you pick her up she snuggles right in and gives tiny kisses. She's a doll. How she survived out in the cold with no visible frostbite is beyond us! We truly appreciate the help.
Old January 21st, 2005, 09:11 PM
Adopt a senior dog!!

You guys are truly amazing! Congratulations on your HUGE success
BoxerRescueQuebec.com
Old January 22nd, 2005, 12:15 PM

My God, I just went on-line today and saw all the posts. You guys that coordinated and took those animals into care are absolutely AMAZING! What a wonderful effort. I am not in the Montreal area, but I do hope the press did a good job as well, as that's the only way the majority of people will realize what is going on. Reading through has brought tears to my eyes - and those are some lucky dogs! Super effort, everyone...
Old March 17th, 2011, 12:29 PM

***First off - my appologies for bringing up such an old thread!****

I came across this thread in search of the information on this rescue mission - more specifically pictures..It was very cool to come across but unfortunatly the links to the pictures arent good anymore!

I'm the mom of the little golden referred to in the above post's. I was there the night Bram came in with all these dogs and it was truly amazing...the "lil golden" went home with another rescue member for a couple of night and then I took him in as a foster and the rest is history.

He - Nanooke is the LOVE of my life. He's not quite the golden everyone thought he was...probably more of a NS duck toller....but whatever he is - he is in incredible. He was very nervous for the first few months of his new life (who wouldnt be) but he has grown into the most incredible dog in the world. His comes everywhere with me, including to work everyday. Everyone tell's me that he is lucky to have me - but they are SO wrong...I am the lucky one.

Anyhowww - my point of this post is to see if any of the original players in this are still around and to see if any of them still have the original pictures sent from Bram. At some point my PC died and I lost them all...I would really love to have them.

Here are some pics of Nanooke now.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...410358&theater

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...410358&theater

Thanks!!
Old March 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
banned user

No worries...it's actually very nice to hear positive outcome and the good life of the adopted/foster furries.

thanks for sharing
Old March 17th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Senior Contributor

It's ok vness,I remember that wonderful rescue,unfortunately I cannot see the pics,FB says it's expired.
I believe some of the people are still here,I know Lucky Rescue is not.
I think you and Nanooke were meant to be,that day in 2005 was a lucky day for both of you.
I believe rescue animals know and they are forever grateful for being rescued
Old March 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM
-

BMDluver is still here....
Old March 18th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Chris,yes I know...OMG,I cannot believe I've been here that long