Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old August 18th, 2004, 07:53 AM

Where does your dog sleep?

When we first brought Farley home i let him sleep on the floor beside our bed , after his "accidents" on our bed i started making him sleep downstairs.

He was fine for a couple of nights , two nights ago he crept up and slept in the hall in the middle of the night and last night he sneaked into our room.

Where do your dog(s) sleep?

Just curious !

Katherine
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:25 AM

Hi, My dog sleeps in her kennel at night. It is in our bedroom, so she can see us sleeping. We take her to pee before bed and she sleeps until about 7am. She won't sleep with us at all if we put her in bed she just wants to clean our faces instead of sleeping.

3 very furry kids -

2 black cats - Pepper and Joey
1 Shih Tzu Puppy - Sophie
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:25 AM

Mine can't sleep alone (maybe if I'd stuck to the keeping him in the crate thing from the beginning but I felt sorry for the neighbours below) so he's in a kennel cab next to our bed. I'd like to let him just sleep on the floor with a doggie bed but since our floor is a futon style (Korean style) on the floor, it doesn't seem like a good idea!
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:33 AM
Crusader

you asked a Dog Questiong and got a Cat Responce

well Trixy and i now end up sleeping on the floor lol..
here's the story.. i recently moved from New York City. back home to Montreal.. i just got my stuff together but was still shopping for a bed..see i am very picky..so for the time being i decided to get a double air mattress....i've had Trixy kitty for about 3 weeks now and i was talking to my girlfriend and lying on the bed while trixy was clawing at my jeans that was on the edge of the bed my girlfriend said stop her she will damage it and i said no it's fine she's just playing ..as soon as i said that i heard a "sphhhhheeeeeee" sound *Trixy just made a hole in the "double air mattress" ..as my girlfriend laughs trixy jumps off the bed and the bed slowly deflates with me still on it...looking silly
so now i sleep on the floor with trixy cuddling up next to my head...
ohh i love that kitty kat >^,^<

PS: i love allll pet's i'd be posting a dog story if i could but i cant cuz at the moment i dont have a place for a doggie..as soooooon as i can i will be getting a doggie!
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:54 AM

When my girls were pups they slept in their crate, in our bedroom. When they could be trusted outside of the crate, they were allowed to sleep on the floor in our room.

Now, all 3 Girls have a bed on the floor, and most night and mornings, they can be found ON our bed. If they disrupt our sleep, they get kicked off onto the floor. Our girls are known to lie on their backs, feet in the air and taking up ALL the room.

Here is a picture of 2 of my girls sleeping with me at our recent visit to the cottage. I was actually sleeping and my husband took the picture. Please ignore Lexi's "nethers"

Heather and her 3 Golden Girls
Attached Images

Old August 18th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Usually beside my bed on his but sometimes on my bed. Thank godness he gets to warm on the bed because he really does need the whole bed when he streches out.
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenmom
If they disrupt our sleep, they get kicked off onto the floor.
That's funny, it was the other way around for us. Our prev dog, Murphy, had a doggie bed in our room. She'd start off in bed with us, but when we disturbed her sleep, she'd jump off with a huff and return to her own bed!
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:10 AM

Both!

Well, Maggie started sleeping on the bed, but that lasted exactly 1 hour..then she moved to the floor...now she starts out on the bed and barks till I lift her down (she's still too small/scared to jump off the bed esp. in the dark) to sleep on the floor.... It's funny though, cause she has chosen to sleep infront of the door, so even if I had to get up to use the washroom, I would have to wake her up...so needless to say, we both have to pee at 6am!!
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:19 AM
banned user

Chloe has a bed outside in her porch-house and a bed in the laundry room.

Raj (a.k.a Living Velcro!) has a bed in the living room, next to my desk for during the day.

Then she had a bed in the laundry room, for when I am doing laundry.

She also has a single bed outside, for when I am doing yardwork.

And she has a bed at the foot of my bed in the bedroom, for at night.

She doesn't trust my waterbed, or any bed that "moves", so she's not inclined to crawl into my bed to sleep with me.

I, however, am known to crawl into bed with her now and then...
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Senior Contributor

My babies sleep with me the cat lays on one side of Justin and than I lay by Justin and than the dog lays on the other side of me. We take the dog for a walk right before bed time and they sleep all night. The dog gets up when I get up for work I take him outside for his morning walk and feed both animals and than when I leave I put them back to bed and they sleeo until he wakes up. They are so like children.

Proud mommy to...
Meat Loaf (Brittany Spaniel) 13 months
CryBaby (5 years old)living with grandpa now
Chino (Doberman mix) 7 months old
2 new kittens (8 weeks old) Felix and Gizmo
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:45 AM

That picture is priceless ! They sure know how to get comfortable
What cutie pies
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:14 AM
banned user

I have to reply even though I don't have a dog.
My cats usually each have one cushion on the couches, occasionally one will sleep in the bathroom closet or bath tub/sink.
I can't have them in my room because we have a waterbed, one wrong move and I'm flooded cause they all have their claws.
At least one of them every night tries to come in our bedroom and once in a great while I let Sneaky in, she does laps around the room/bed lays by my head then does more laps, when she finally settles down she's plastered against my head or face. I eventually have to put her out because she will lick my face 100 times a night. I doze off and she'll lick my nose, eyelids, or mouth, it is not a very good way to wake up! It really does feel like sandpaper!
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:28 AM

Maggie sleeps in her crate at night, which is in my bedroom. Sometimes I leave the crate door open, sometimes closed; it depends on if she decides to scrounge around at night and get into trouble. I've given her the chance to sleep at the bottom of my bed but she prefers not to (it only happened once that she stayed there), and when she'd tired enough she runs into her crate and goes to sleep. She takes up too much room on the bed anyways, or maybe she thinks I take up too much room lol.
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Senior Contributor

My dog Chloe sleeps on "her" sofa in the living room. Sometimes she's sneaky and gets on my bed just before I go into the bedroom and I have to kick her out. I tried letting her sleep with me after I got her, but she kicks, snores and hogs the blankets.

At bedtime, I just have to tell her "Go to bed" and off she goes to her sofa.
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:53 AM

I have one that starts out as sleeping in his crate but later will sleep on the bed. My other one has to sleep in her crate closed. She's still not 100% house broken, but once she is she will be able to sleep on the bed too. Our cats sleep with my dd's in their beds.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Sammi

All 3 on the bed! + the 5 cats come and go (I'm fostering 2)

The dogs have beds on the floor in our room, but they rarely use them. I grew up with the dog allowed on the bed, (that was only one dog) so it's always seemed okay to me. My husband hated it at first (he never grew up with any animals ). Then he realised that he didn't have a choice and sees the humour in it. Especially on a Sunday morning, when it's a free for all!

They 're not allowed up on anything without permission though, we have to keep the higher archy. I will say that they do "sneek" on the bed when they think we're asleep
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Heather I love that picture!!!

Sadie sleeps where she likes.

When she was younger she slept always on my bed with me where I could keep an eye on her...now she sleeps in the living room, kitchen, hallway, my bed. She roams through the night. I dont even feel/hear her jump onto my bed anymore at night!

Ahh sweet puppy memories
That is 'her' pillow
Attached Images

Old August 18th, 2004, 12:47 PM
Sammi

I love the pictures! I wish that I had some good ones. My computer won't allow me to hook up my camera. My computer is a temperamental piece of junk!
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Senior Contributor

Den-Den sleeps on top of the blankets on our bed between my hubby and myself. Puss-Puss sleeps on my pillow above my head. We don't turn the heat on at night and sleep with a down comforter. If they get cold, they both snuggle under the covers with us.
Old August 19th, 2004, 02:42 AM
Senior Contributor

charlie (GSD) has several beds around the house, and in our room. she has thick matresses for beds with comfy blankies on them she starts out there. she also has a $3000 italian leather lounge that she loves to sleep on from around 11pm till i wake her up to cute to kick her off, and she likes it, she has always had a couch and she sleeps where ever her majesty deems suitable at the time (not allowed to sleep on bed when hubby home, says she is too big, so, i dont care, poor girl, but when the cats away, these mice both sleep on the bed together)
Old August 19th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Bentley sleeps in his kennel in the kitchen every night. Occasionaly he gets to sleep in my room in his kennel or on the floor.
Old August 19th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Animal Lover!!

Solara sleeps in her crate at night And Sades & Talon sleep with me / us at night! LOL It's amazing how much room, the kitty's take up!!
Talon 7yrs - Male
My Little Chocolate Girl - Solara - ** 10 MONTHS **
Old August 20th, 2004, 02:27 AM

Izzy and Wilson sleep in their crates downstairs (except for when my husband is away for work, then they sleep on the bed with me!!)
Old August 20th, 2004, 05:42 AM
Senior Contributor

Buddy slept with me in bed until his recent bout of fleas happened both him and Ursa have a couch in the living room (each). My cats have places all over but Katie (cat) sleeps with me she knows I don't allow Buddy in anymore so when she sees me get ready for bed she runs and jumps onto the end of the bed and waits for me to shoo everyone else out ......the reason for the preference is .....she is the only one that never wants out in the middle of the night and doesn't make poopies in the room I have to close the door or Buddy will sneak up on the bed in the middle of the night
Old August 20th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Shih Tzu Owner

Ariel is still a puppy and is not allowed upstairs so she sleeps in her crate in the kitchen. Maybe in a couple of months she'll be sleeping in the bedroom.
Old August 20th, 2004, 07:34 AM

rexie.. he sleeps in my room where his crate is... but he likes the floor better, right beside my door so he can protect me
Old August 20th, 2004, 09:21 AM

Willy will start off sleeping downstairs and sometime during the middle of the night he will come upstairs and either sleep with us or go into the spare room.

Charlie is in his crate, or wherever we can stop him from cyring and actually get some sleep!
Old August 20th, 2004, 09:46 AM

my Petie sleeps on me, Thor sleeps on the bed right next to me (unless if my daughter wants him w/her), Ruger sleeps on the floor next to our bed (unless hubby isn't there then he'll sleep on the bed too).

Luba, I can't believe how BIG Sadie has gotten already. She is a beauty!!!

www.dogsdeservebetter.com
www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com
Old August 20th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Sadie's Chefomatic

Tx Daisy and thats an older picture here she is
THREAD HIJACKING lol

(her fav lookout spot...note the drool catching cloth on the windowsill)
Attached Images

Old August 20th, 2004, 11:55 AM

hahhahahahahaha, lol

she's watching that hottie of a dog walking past her window saying "if only my mom would let me have a boyfriend". LOL

www.dogsdeservebetter.com
www.rescueboard.com
www.pitbullpets.com