Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings

Old October 24th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Heidi needs to get out of hiding...

This is a very special cat who needs a special home:

This cat was named Heidi because by day, she is in hiding. She spends her days in pipes that run along the house. To give her some freedom the owners let her out at night, but when she gets back in, straight to the pipes she goes.
Her owners can no longer keep her due to "allergies". She was due to be euthanized last week but at the last minute was spared.
I have been given a few weeks to find her another home.

This is not a lap cat, although she can be with a lot of love and patience. She is approximately 3 years old. she will allow to be petted when she is eating.
Heidi and her litter were born outside to a feral mom. Once socialized Heidi and her sister found their forever home. One night her and sister were let outside, but only Heidi returned and since then has not really trusted or has been close to humans. This is a long shot,and Heidi's last chance ; if you know anyone who would love a challenge and help Heidi trust again...she will be well worth it.
Attached Images

Old October 24th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Senior Contributor

what a pretty girland what a sad start she'd had

so these people were giving her a death sentence because they supposedly all of a sudden have allergies

if she's outside at night and in the pipes in the daytime,she probably has not had much lovehopefully someone can help this little girl
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:10 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Why do I open these threads???

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 24th, 2010, 05:25 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
14kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Old October 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
Senior Contributor

Definition of "allergies":

When you don't have the guts to just tell people you are tired or bored of taking care of your pet.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 24th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, that is what has happened ....her child gets nose bleeds every day due to the severity of the allergies
Heidi's sister probably got hit by a car since I just found out they live almost right next to the high 20 in the west island....
Old October 24th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
I would not ask K14+...don;t worry. I know how many cats you have and how many more you would love to have but can't....don;t worry MF.
Old October 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Senior Contributor

well just when you spend all your free time trying to help and find homes.......I don't like people anymore!!!!!

The lady that has Heidi has deemed her unadoptable according to her and decided that she will have her euthanized...or drop her off at the SPCA...which means she will be euthanized!!! as soon as she gets out of the pipes and traps her.

I gave her a few options, one of which was a colony which is being controled and fed and watched by a wonderful lady....but nope!!! she would rather have her euthanized because she could not bare to think of her outside all winter...even when I told her that she would be in a winterized shelter...
lord, the cat spends all her nights outside and she is happy...and now this woman would rather see her put down...
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Senior Contributor

What an idiot. I'm quite sure Heidi would be much happier in a colony, even if it's outside, than dead. It's unreal that she would rather kill her.

Maybe next time you talk to her you should just forgo the "kinder" word of euthanize and just ask why she would rather kill Heidi than allow her to live a long happy life.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

Old October 28th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Senior Contributor

it's so easy for some to kill a little cat,after all there are thousands out there like heidi.
i don't know what the solution for her would be,i am just sorry i cannot help her
Old October 28th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpietra16 View Post
well just when you spend all your free time trying to help and find homes.......I don't like people anymore!!!!!

The lady that has Heidi has deemed her unadoptable according to her and decided that she will have her euthanized...or drop her off at the SPCA...which means she will be euthanized!!! as soon as she gets out of the pipes and traps her.

I gave her a few options, one of which was a colony which is being controled and fed and watched by a wonderful lady....but nope!!! she would rather have her euthanized because she could not bare to think of her outside all winter...even when I told her that she would be in a winterized shelter...
lord, the cat spends all her nights outside and she is happy...and now this woman would rather see her put down...
What the hell is wrong with that woman :f rustrated:

Would the cat rather be dead??? WTF Geesh, if I could take her I would. Now I am just friggin mad

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM
~Cat Servent~

I agree forgo the kinder words....call her a murderer if you have to cause that's what she is if she euthanizes a perfectly healthy cat when she has other options!!!!

Listen I am full up here....but she can have my office if we can get her here. I'd much rather be a little stressed here than know she has no chance there! I have had some luck gettin hidey cats out of their shell....at least I'd try for her! Stupid stupid jerky lady!!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Senior Contributor

Kr, that's a lovely offer. Maybe something can be done.

Old October 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Are you serious KRD??????

If I can, I'll be there to help with transportation.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Senior Contributor

KRD, I appreciate your help. I pm'd you. But please, if you can take her, its great...ofcourse, I will need the lady to trust me enough to give her up!!!! She is very upset with me when I suggested the colony, so I lost her trust.

But if you really can do it without too much more stress in your life, I will take the offer...but again, please think about it. You are an angel no matter what
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:40 PM
~Cat Servent~

As long as she's flea free, and not in need of immediate medical attention I should be able to swing it....we're broke but I always have an emergency litter box ready to go for the office and got some coupons for free food....so if all she needs is some space I can definitely handle it! Who knows maybe I can convince someone at work to give her a chance! (happen to know one girl who is lookin for a cat)

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old October 28th, 2010, 03:45 PM
Senior Contributor

dahmer,you are an absolute sweetheart,hopefully something can be worked out
Old October 28th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Heidi is completely healthy and has been spayed and vaccinated. As far as food , I may have someone who can donate a few big bags of science diet. I know its not the best, but its all I may be able to do.
The person I know also has a contact with a butcher and he said that I may be able to get animal parts, like livers, giblets, etc....I am a vegetarian so I am not sure what parts are not for human consumption...but he uses it for the colony he looks after and his cats seem to be healthy.
Anyway, let me know if you can use the food.
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:33 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Are you serious KRD??????

If I can, I'll be there to help with transportation.
Me too
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM
~Cat Servent~

Well if all goes well it looks like me and Gerri are headed your way next wednesday Chris... maybe we can make that work for this gal somehow!

Old October 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdahmer View Post
Well if all goes well it looks like me and Gerri are headed your way next wednesday Chris...

EXCELLENT!!!

maybe we can make that work for this gal somehow!
Let's hope so.
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Hey guys if there is anything I can do please let me know!
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Senior Contributor

i would too,but i am not allowed and cannot drive with my stupid cast
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
i would too,but i am not allowed and cannot drive with my stupid cast
Doesn't kr and 14+ have to drive by your place to get to chris's, they can pick you up ?

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old October 29th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

I am still trying to get her to release Heidi to me...I met this cat and I beleive she is adoptable and can become a great lap cat with love and patience, but tryingto convince the woman is another thing.
Old October 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
I am still trying to get her to release Heidi to me...I met this cat and I beleive she is adoptable and can become a great lap cat with love and patience, but tryingto convince the woman is another thing.
Can you tell her she's adopted? I'll sign whatever papers you need to get her out of there. If an "adoption form" looks better for her I'll do it. Heidi needs to get out of that place. I don't get it with stupid idiots that would rather kill a cat than give it a new home.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:50 AM
Senior Contributor

I'm getting Heidi today. I guess having her come to my house to see and meet my cats including Tigger and Charlie who in her mind are very "unadoptable" convinced her that I may not be a bad person after all and will not just release Heidi into the cold and cruel world of montreal.
I will let you know how it pans out. I hope she does not change her mind.
SInce my camera was stolen I will not be able to take pictures
Old October 31st, 2010, 08:53 AM
150% PRO S/N

Great news!!! Now there needs to be a kitty convoy set up. kr and I will be at Chris' on Wed. It would be great if Heidi could come home with us.

Old October 31st, 2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Contributor

Heidi is amazing. She is not a colony cat. She purrs when she is in my arms....thats right I have picked her up.
She is hiding under my bed right now but I think its because she is very nervous and not sure why she was yanked out of her home...I walked into my bedroom earlier with some food and she came out from under the bed to great me, her tail up...she ate a few kibbles and then went back under the bed. The only problem with Heidi is that she has never been given the chance to be socialized properly. She may not be a lap cat, but she seems to be ok with people. I'll try and borrow a camera. i think the womand wanted a ready made lap cat...Heidi is nto that....yet!!
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:37 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Heidi is amazing. She is not a colony cat. She purrs when she is in my arms....thats right I have picked her up.
Yahooooooo! Cpietra, you make my heart smile.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler