Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:36 PM

Cat won't stop clawing!

Hi, this is my first post here.

I have two cats. They both still have their claws. I was not nor am I still interested in declawing them. My one cat, Gizmo never scratches anything.

The other cat is my fiances cat technically and before we moved in together, he didn't really train her (nor does he ever discipline her but thats another story). She would claw at his office chair all she wanted and he never did anything.

When we moved in together, we still had the office chair. I let her keep clawing at that one because I just couldn't get her to stop. Luckily at the time that was the only thing she clawed at. My other cat uses his scratching post and I have never cat him clawing at any of our furniture.

When we moved across the country, we got rid of that chair (Because it was garbage) and we have since got a nice area rug for our living room. Kitty won't stop scratching at it. She also claws at my suitcases in the closet. It drives me insane. I have tried everything I can think of. I spray them with no scratch spray, I get upset with her and show her the scratch post (which she does know how to use because I have seen her use it) and I even spray her with water. She responds by just glaring at me. I've gotten to the point where I have almost called the vet to make an appointment to de-claw her I of course didn't because I don't have the heart do that.

I just don't know what to do anymore....Suggestions?

Tags
cat, furniture, scratching