Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings

Old November 20th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Boxers Available for Canadian Adoptions

Hi Everyone

We have a few boxers available for Canadian adopters. Feel free to take a look at our site and if you have any questions you can PM me.

Thanks!

http://www.rescueaboxer.ca/Available_Boxers.html
Lovey - Female Fawn Boxer (RESCUE)
Anakin - Male Brindle Boxer (RESCUE)

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mohandas Gandhi -

~Until there are none, rescue one ~

Boxer Rescue - www.rescueaboxer.com
Scentsy - www.ilovescents.ca
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Senior Contributor

If I were adopting - it would be Thelma or Mooshea....love them!
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Oh my gosh!!! Thelma is such a little monkey
and Mooshea is such a big cuddle hound!!! I love them ALL!!! I wish I could just win the lotto and bring each and everyone home!!!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mohandas Gandhi -

Old November 20th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Senior Contributor

No kidding. I have never had a boxer! Funny!

I am actually looking for a big dog that has a high tolerance for 4 fiesty cats and one annoying min pin. I had a rott and was looking for one just like him...but I think I am asking for alot. I am patient and will wait for that perfect whatever (breed is no longer important) that will mesh well with my gang...oh and I need a couch potatoe so that we can all snuggle together watching corny movies...
Old November 20th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Hey BenMax we could probably find you a cat friendly boxer!
Some of them are so amazing with cats. And if they have such a low prey drive with cats they could deal with a min pin too.

For a while there we had a ton of boxers that came in that lived with cats. I think we only have a few right now that can be trained to live with cats. We test them for prey drive and if they see the cat and can be distracted away easily then they can be trained.

If you would consider a mix Horace is great he lives with a Chihuhua but needs to be around older kids :sad:

What is your min pin? male/female?

Old November 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyhip View Post
Hey BenMax we could probably find you a cat friendly boxer!
Some of them are so amazing with cats. And if they have such a low prey drive with cats they could deal with a min pin too.

For a while there we had a ton of boxers that came in that lived with cats. I think we only have a few right now that can be trained to live with cats. We test them for prey drive and if they see the cat and can be distracted away easily then they can be trained.

If you would consider a mix Horace is great he lives with a Chihuhua but needs to be around older kids :sad:

What is your min pin? male/female?
You are too sweet totallyhip - I am with a rescue here in Montreal so we get many poor souls in as well. I adopted my min pin from the rescue (ok my 2nd foster failure) and she is a girl. Our rescue usually get thedogs that have been tossed out of vehicles, found, from mills, from shelters as strays etc..so I never get a good reading on how the dogs will do with my pack..as they are my main concern. I once came home to a tragedy which I still cannot talk about - so I am so fearful to put my animals in any danger. If I get a foster that is iffy with any of my animals...then I transfer them to another foster.

So I am looking for a dog that has history. Totally safe with small dogs and absolutely no prey drive.
Old November 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM

Oh I completely understand! I would never risk my own fur babies either for fosters etc. Our rescue has seen alot of those horrid stories as well. It is so sad that people do such unmentionable things to these loving animals

BenMax I will keep my ears and eyes open for you. Should that perfect dog come up for you I will let you know

Thank you so much for all the work that you do. I know its so hard sometimes. But its so rewarding. I am thankful to you and all the other volunteers out there that love animals so much.

Old November 20th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyhip View Post
Oh I completely understand! I would never risk my own fur babies either for fosters etc. Our rescue has seen alot of those horrid stories as well. It is so sad that people do such unmentionable things to these loving animals

BenMax I will keep my ears and eyes open for you. Should that perfect dog come up for you I will let you know

Thank you so much for all the work that you do. I know its so hard sometimes. But its so rewarding. I am thankful to you and all the other volunteers out there that love animals so much.
And I with you totallyhip!
Old November 21st, 2008, 07:51 PM
Senior Contributor

I hope ALL the fubabies get a home! I love boxers and I REALLY wanna get one when I get outta highschool and university and can get a stable job and a home, Ive heard that they can be very bouncy and shouldnt be with small dogs? Any truth to this, i havent been able to do much research on them yetBut i fell in love with one at a park a few months back who was the sweetest 'little' dog ive ever met!

I try to do ALOT of research before getting a dog, so i should have enough info by the time im ready for one! lol
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:41 PM

Hi there,

It all depends on the dog. Some are absolutely wonderful with small dogs and some not so much My boy Luke....his best friend is a Pug and they get along so well! We recently had a 10 week old puppy stay with us and all 3 of them were so gentle with him. Mind you the puppy was a little dominant devil!