Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old September 10th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Nicky Got a Hair Cut!

Hello everyone. Well, I'm happy to report that Nicky no longer looks like a mini golden retriever and I was able to get rid of that horrible cocker-anian cut that the last groomer gave him So, he finally looks like a Pom! Yay!
Forgive the not-so-good pics. Nicky HATES anything that looks like a camera so getting good shots of him is extremely difficult..but you can get the idea.
Here is a before and an after.
Attached Images

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999

Last edited by Mahealani770; September 10th, 2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:20 AM

Here's another bad shot, but it's at a different angle so that you can see more of the cut. I love my lil man...
Attached Images

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal. And I was angry. "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?" God was silent for a moment and then He spoke softly. "I have done something," He replied, "I created you." -The Animal's Savior, Copyright Jim Willis 1999
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:22 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He's looking mighty handsome, Mahealani! (But then, I think Nicky is cute no matter what he's wearing... )

I have to agree, though, that the new cut is just so much more flattering! I take it you finally found a groomer that had a clue about what poms are supposed to look like? Or did you do it yourself? (If you did--you should open up a side business grooming dogs, cuz Nicky looks fabulous!)

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Awe, thanks Hazel. No, I didn't do it..but I wish I knew how. I took him back to the same place, but I made sure that his regular groomer cut him this time. I just naturally assumed that she would've cut him the last time too, ya know? Oh well, this time I was armed with a picture of a Pom who had an awesome cut and my hand-written instructions at the bottom of the picture..lol I was so impressed. She had a heck of a time trying to get Nicky's hair to look like the dog's hair in the picture but she did an excellent job.

Old September 10th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, Nicky looks great! I still remember that sad cut he got last time! This looks MUCH better!
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:16 PM
-

OOooooo he looks so trim and neat ~ totally lost the Farah Fawcett look !
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by: Smiley14
Quote:
I still remember that sad cut he got last time!
lol...wasn't it awful?? Who gives a Pom a Cocker Spaniel cut?

Originally Posted by: mummummum
Quote:
totally lost the Farah Fawcett look ! Yesterday 05:51 PM
Hahahaha....good one!

Old September 11th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Half Way To Crazy

Great cut !! even though no matter what kind of cut Nicky gets, he is still very very adorable..
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Awww I think Nicky looks cute with both hair cuts .
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Live well, laugh often

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeze View Post
Great cut !! even though no matter what kind of cut Nicky gets, he is still very very adorable..
I totally agree .
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:14 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeriM View Post
I totally agree .
Me too.
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Senior Contributor

I loved the Cockeranian lookbut I love the proper Pom-cut tooo, either way,he's adorable
How's the kitty doing???
Old September 12th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Awe, thanks everyone. Nicky appreciates it

Chico, Minnie is doing great...still trying to hide around corners to pounce on Nicky as he goes prancing by...lol..thanks for asking. How's Willow?