Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Old December 15th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Police Believe They've Exposed Dog-Fighting Ring

I found this on cnn.com i cant get the video pasted here,but there is a video on it..
INDIANAPOLIS -- Authorities say a seizure of 30 pit bulls from an east-side Indianapolis home last week represents a setback for a local dog fighting ring.

Video

Some Of Seized Dogs Have Scars, Old Injuries

Animal control officers seized the dogs Friday from a residence on the 2900 block of Cumberland Road. Half the animals had scarring and old injuries, and one had a serious leg injury that appeared not to have received professional treatment, RTV6's Jack Rinehart reported Tuesday.

Authorities said they expect several people to face multiple charges in connection with illegal dog fighting. Charges could be filed Wednesday, Rinehart said.

Investigators believe the dogs seized Friday were trained to fight.

"Some of them seem quite docile around people, but as soon as we get them out of a cage and walk them back to get screened medically or whatever, they go crazy because they sense other animals," said Jeff Bennett, of the city's animal care and control division. "That's what they're trained to do: be aggressive toward other animals."

Animal control officials say this seized pit bull is missing an eye, has scarring on its face and has marks of old wounds on its legs.

Also seized from the home were magazines, photos, videos and training equipment -- items that authorities said point to dog fighting.

Bennett said he wasn't sure what would happen with the seized pit bulls.

"It's too soon to tell what we're going to do with them, but it's fairly clear that they're certainly not placeable for adoption," Bennett said.
Copyright 2004 by TheIndyChannel.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Email This Story Print This Story

LOCAL HEADLINES
Home Fire Kills Area Man
Person Dies In One-Vehicle Crash
Student Falls On Book Bag, Stabs
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:21 AM

I hope thats a federal crime there and they do some serious time, I'm sure some of those poor dog's could be saved if placed in the rite enviroment, and rehabilateted, but it's not likely they will be given a chance. Hopefully those basterds get what they deseve in jail, a nice unfriendly visit from a big hairy guy named bubba.
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Senior Contributor

I personally am of the mind they need to be treated the same way they have treated these poor dogs. Beat them abuse them and then let the most vicious dogs they can find have a go at them. Of late I am leaning toward an eye for an eye punishment for abusers.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:46 AM

Unhappy

Well put mastifflover. I agree whole heartidly. The sad thing is that they're not even going to take the time to give these animals a second chance. They'll just all be put to sleep without ever knowing love & affection. It makes me sick what some people do to their supposed to be best friends. I cringe everytime I think of where my babies would be and what they would be going through if not for me. Poor Fur babies. :sad:
2 Medium Haired All Black Cats:
Robert Age 1 1/2
Mango Age 2 1/2
"PIT-BULLS ARE LIKE POTATO CHIPS......YOU CAN NEVER HAVE JUST ONE"