Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old August 12th, 2007, 06:04 PM

vet insuarance co aide in canada

my daughters cat has a urinary tract issue that attacks him. ( Crystals )
the vets have told her in the past that if he ever had another one come up again he would have to have surgery. my daughter can not afford the vet appointment and we are trying to find the name of the insurance co that helps families obtain aide in paying for he insurance. I have tried googling but can not find anything for canada.

he is a terrific cat but the expense and then the baby (who has health problems) has really killed all our funds. The only answer from the vet or humane society is too surrender it and then they can help it. The humane society was quite rude to her about not being able to afford a $7000 vet cost and it could go higher. they told her that she should never have gotten a male cat if she did not want to take the chance of urinary crystals as a result of neutering.

any help would be appreciated if you know the name of a company here in canada that can help her. i cant help her because bearlas meds and my meds eat up what ever extra i ahve
Old August 12th, 2007, 06:13 PM

I'm not sure if I allowed to mention the name of the company so I send you a private message with the name. This comapny also does loans for vet bills

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old August 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM

thank you so much for the pm. i have forwarded it too her. hopefully they can help her. i was thinking of trying a abysinian aide foundation or something as well. my 8 month old grand baby absolutely loves static. he likes to lay on top of her tent that is on her crib and if anyone that he doesnt think should go near her, he hisses and will let them have it.
Old August 12th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Your welcome, I hope it helps & . I would still try that type of foundation as well (I have no experience w/that so can't help there) , sounds like everyone loves the kitty & the kitty loves everyone too so the more help the better.

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying