Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old January 26th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Pro Poop Scooper!

Cut Pad

Bayley cut her pad on something, likely ice. She's such a good girlie, she let me look at it and bandage it. I put an absorbant pad and then vet wrap (I love that stuff!) It bled a bit when she first came in but there wasn't much in the bandage today, so it's not deep. Today I put a new pad and some ointment and rewrapped it. She's being so good and not trying to take it off. I figure that I'll keep it wrapped over the weekend mainly to keep the dirt off it. I also have those rubber 'balloon' type boots so once she's not limping, although I think most of that is the bandage, I'll put those on the paw just to be safe. Now if she was still bleeding etc, she would be going to the vet! She was galloping around the yard this afternoon so I think she'll live
Old January 26th, 2013, 01:28 AM

Sounds like Bayley is one tough cookie Good to hear it's not too bad. Heal quickly Bayley so you don't have to wear the boots

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:29 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

There's likely nothing the vet would do beyond what you're already doing, anyway. Not too much you can do for a cut pad except let it heal. Good girl, Bayley!! Heal fast!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Pro Poop Scooper!

that was my thinking too. My first dog cut her pad, so I kinda freaked out and hauled her to the closest vet...100.00 later and a bandage!! Now alot of things I handle myself, especially cuts and scrapes that aren't bleeding profusely. I always have a roll of vet wrap and stuff like that on hand.