Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:05 AM

Waking up all the time at night

Lately Willy has been getting up several times a night. I don't know why. Charlie will sleep right through and doesn't get up with him to go out. Willy will run up to our bedroom and go to each side of the bed until one of us gets up.

When he goes out, he sometimes goes to the bathroom and sometimes plays. He will be out there from 1 minute to 20 minutes. I just go and lie on the couch until he is done. My husband will let him stay for a couple of minutes and then go out and get him.

I don't know why all of the sudden he is doing this ( it has been about 2 weeks)

They both get their nightly walk... and they don't sleep a lot before we go to bed. I thought that maybe he was not tired and just bored... but we havn't really changed anything lately.

Any suggestions?
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Momof4and6furries

I would suggest taking him out on a leash - give him a 'pee' commmand. Give him a few minutes and straight back to bed. No play time etc. as he's learned if he wakes you up he can go out and play. Only takes ONCE, for a dog to think this is a good idea!!
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Tried the during the first week... that didn't really work, and I just ended up falling on my behind because it was so icy.

Plus it didn't work well because both dogs get very excited when their collar and leash come out so they would think that it was walk time.