Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World

Closed Thread

Old June 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM

aslan, you can do whatever you want, thats fine by me.

but i dont feel like i've been picked on.
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:13 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew-sew-steve View Post

fatwa = religious opninion.
did anyone know that?
nope.
ummmm yup..see you shouldn't assume.
im not saying you cant discuss things, im just sayin, its my job to clarify things.
it's not your job.
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:16 AM

i was speaking about the people who were posting.

but your right, i shouldnt assume.

even though no one else spoke out about it.

as the only muslim whos posted thus far, i think it is my job to defend my religion.

and about the dog thing, thats interesting.

what about viruses?
"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God's unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qu'ran. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy." - Dr.Jeffrey Lang

Last edited by Sew-sew-steve; June 25th, 2010 at 08:22 AM.
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:30 AM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Quote:
i was speaking about the people who were posting.

but your right, i shouldnt assume.
i personally haven't seen anyone being rude,stating opinions yes,,asking questions yes,,rude not so much.
even though no one else spoke out about it.

as the only muslim whos posted thus far, i think it is my job.

and about the dog thing, thats interesting.

what about viruses?
There is a thing called google,,,

now if you really want a discussion,,first,,,RickC posted a news link with some information,,,i can't say i SAW anyone respond rudely. A few questions asked and nothing slamming you or Islam..You really need to read what people are saying,,,and not come up with stuff that you THINK is between the lines.

I live in Canada not the US so i can't speak for them,,but i gotta say,,when we have religious nutjobs here,,they go off somewhere,,meld their little psycho minds together then kill themselves(excluding Charles Manson). What we in North America see is,,,when the Muslims nutjobs get out of hand,,they attack North America.....the world trade centres not once but twice i can think of,,,dropped planes full of people on govt buildings and one in a feild due to the people on board. As someone already stated just because a religion believed something 1000yrs ago doesn't mean it is practiced today...And thank god for that,,being one of the openly GAY members on this forum..i'm glad some religions change their views for the better or i would have been killed along time ago,,or atleast bashed severly.

One little peice of info i'd like to pass on,,the bible(any religions) the Tanakh the koran and any other out there,,were all written by man, thus it is mans point of view. When god almighty sits down with pen and paper and writes it out,,,then it is accurate.
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Senior Contributor

SSS,just adding a little to your bit of history about Muhammed 1400yrs ago,Europe did not give in quietly to the invasion,thousands were butchered.
Once the invasion was a fact,other religions were allowed.
ok,no more...
Also,we are now living in 2010 and I hope we have all evolved.

Last edited by chico2; June 25th, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
i've gotten past that stuff awhile ago. if i didnt, i wouldnt have came back a second time around, would i?

Then why do you keep bringing it up?????????????? I think it is because you can't let it go and accept their appology and move on.

i've been disrepected in person by the way people spoke about my religion. what did i do? nothing, as i should have.
so i can kinda pick up on the things people mean here and there. i've got an apt for it. i usually bursh it off though.

and, people in middle eastern countries dont love their animals as pets?

i understand what you mean, but i think you should have written that without the "You have lived in Canada for 13 years, you know how"

That was just to make it clear that you can't plead ignorance to our life style!

thats a subjective thing to be honest.
i know some people in canada who hate animals, some who love them, and some dont give a rats tail about it.

Oh so agree! I don't think you will hear any argument about that
for god sakes some cop in america or canada had shot an already caught dog.

theres good and bad people everywhere, be it people with power or not.

the fact that more than one person now has said this is a pet not a religious site, means you shouldnt comment about religion to reduce any chance of confrontation.

Huh????

well, is it fair theres been 60 or so posts just about whether or not its fair for people in my religion to have to go through this, and then when i come and post "its over and done with" ?

im sorry, i didnt bring up my religion, remember? but like i said, ill come up when it does.

But you just did at 7:27 this morning. When this thread was quietly being forgotten, you piped up about "rudeness" just to bring it back up

and i think i've proven the fact that i need to post. seeing as how theres been so many people who dont even understand my religion posting and discussing things which for all they know werent even real.

i have nothing against you chico, but i cant not use you as a example with the fatwa = war.

fatwa = religious opninion.
did anyone know that?
nope.

im not saying you cant discuss things, im just sayin, its my job to clarify things.
I don't think so, it has been made very clearly we don't care what religion it is, just the outcome that this article has on dogs.

so when someone starts a thread, that HAS to do with islam, and HAS people commenting about islam, i CANT leave my religion to just float around unprotected.

i do appreciate marko and mikischo for defending it becaue they were a a neutral party.

i like this site, i like (most) of the people here.
i dont have a problem, not looking for one. just trying to keep islam in the clear. that so bad?
Well, then may I suggest you start a FB page and start your teachings there. As for here, we would love to hear about pets and animals, wonderful experiences and some pics.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 25th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
There is a thing called google,,,

now if you really want a discussion,,first,,,RickC posted a news link with some information,,,i can't say i SAW anyone respond rudely. A few questions asked and nothing slamming you or Islam..You really need to read what people are saying,,,and not come up with stuff that you THINK is between the lines.

I live in Canada not the US so i can't speak for them,,but i gotta say,,when we have religious nutjobs here,,they go off somewhere,,meld their little psycho minds together then kill themselves(excluding Charles Manson). What we in North America see is,,,when the Muslims nutjobs get out of hand,,they attack North America.....the world trade centres not once but twice i can think of,,,dropped planes full of people on govt buildings and one in a feild due to the people on board. As someone already stated just because a religion believed something 1000yrs ago doesn't mean it is practiced today...And thank god for that,,being one of the openly GAY members on this forum..i'm glad some religions change their views for the better or i would have been killed along time ago,,or atleast bashed severly.

One little peice of info i'd like to pass on,,the bible(any religions) the Tanakh the koran and any other out there,,were all written by man, thus it is mans point of view. When god almighty sits down with pen and paper and writes it out,,,then it is accurate.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old June 25th, 2010, 09:20 AM

Despite what some members feel, there's been rudeness and enough defensiveness, from both sides, to require once again another thread to be closed.

Your friendly neighbourhood mod,
Ford
Old June 25th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

I support the closure of this thread.
Personal thanks to Sew-sew-steve for enlightening me on aspects of Islam that I did not know.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread