Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old February 21st, 2007, 10:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Badger and other kitty-angels

I feel a little sentimental this morning,having just looked at Badgers rescue-kitty Moose,how wonderful he looks after Badgers tender care:love:
Cat-rescuers don't always get the fanfare of dogrescuers,although to me they are every bit as important.
Badger has always given her all,on her own,to rescue as many frozen cats as she has room for,sometimes more.
Given the cats medical care if needed,probably all out of her own pocket,trying very hard to find new loving homes,although some stick around forever
There are several others,CPietra,Frenchy etc....who do not turn away a needy little cat,I'd like to give you a great big hug and thank you,for beeing the caring human beeings you are
Old February 21st, 2007, 11:01 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Chico, I'm sure all of us needed that, I know I do. When Badger waltzed into my life 6 years ago, I had NO idea that it was just the beginning. Way back then, I GAVE them away, in one or two cases probably to the wrong people. Mea culpa Merlin.
The other day my vet told me my file was getting too fat and asked me to go through it and set aside any records of cats who were no longer with me. It was a sad/happy exercise; some of the names I didn't even recognize, chosen in haste as I flew in the door with yet another patient, and changed later. I remembered the ones who literally threw themselves into my arms, and others who took a little more coaxing. It's been quite a ride, and I still have no idea why I do it, probably some psycho-social tic, since I find most people insufferable

PS Goose doesn't even mind being called Moose (he is a bit of a lunk-head).
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
-

Thanks to Badger, I have the best cat EVER ! Monsieur le chat is a tough little cookie, not scared of anything, want to see a cat that chases a Great Dane ? Come to my place ! He now sleeps on the bed with me and 1-2 of the dogs Badger was the one who took him of the streets and posted him here, thank you Badger !
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Sorry about that,I don't think anybody would call a cat Moose must have had a senior moment... to you,Goose and all the other kitties

Frenchy I would love to see that...
I did not even know your kitty was a result of Badgers rescue-missions,see this is what I mean

Last edited by chico2; February 21st, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Frenchy I would love to see that...
Well you know cats Chico2 , they make all these funny things , then you take out the camera ....
Old February 21st, 2007, 12:50 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Hats off to you, badger! You're an . (You, too, Frenchy)
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor

CHico..thanks, but I have seen you try and help as much as anyone else. I am lucky because I have a husband who knows not to let me choose between him or the cats. That is why I have 5 cats and....a husband, not to mention non fur babies.
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:48 PM
Senior Contributor

CPietra,my hubby is the same+he's very proud of 'his'smart cats and after 40+years of marriage,he knows very well what I am about.
Badger I am absolutely in love with Goose,but who is the black beauty in your avatar?
Old February 21st, 2007, 02:48 PM
Live well, laugh often

Good thread Chico . Thanks so much to all the rescue angels for a "job" well done .
Old February 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM
Senior Contributor

The fellow in my avatar is Bird (the names just get better, don't they). He was sitting under a stool on my back porch one night. I had never seen him before. Poor guy, he had it all, severe ear mites, bladder infection, abcess, skinny as a twig. He hated being locked up or touched, howled 24/7, sprayed, stank so bad he was an instant magnet for the other cats. A nightmare! Then he got rhino. And you know, he turns out to be the sweetest little soul, playful as a kitten, stopped spraying the day he was neutered, never cries, blends right in (apart from a few ambushes at the litter box). A little angel, despite his devilish look..

Here's a better picture. His coat is a bit hectic and he needs a bath, but he will be gorgeous in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Old February 21st, 2007, 08:05 PM
-

wow nice kitty Badger ! I think you have loooots of patience to rescue these cats, mostly the ones who "don't want to be rescued" (the ferals who don't like / not used to humains) and it so much harder to find families for cats than it is for dogs (it seems everyone already owns a cat) and there so many of them :sad: keep up the good work Badger !
Old February 22nd, 2007, 01:24 AM
Kitty Consort

Great post, Chico!: I'd certainly like to offer another hats off to to Badger, Frenchy, Cpietra and all the special angels of mercy .
Those who help these poor cats in need do give their all to them. Life-saving shelter and food, healing for their tired and ailing bodies, soothing comfort and reasurance for their frightened little souls. I have just the deepest admiration for all they do.. and do again and again.

What a touching story of Bird, badger! He's just a lovely boy! A little angel, bless his heart.:love: and yours too. He's overcome many health obstacles, and continues to shine and thrive... all thanks to you!
Old February 22nd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Senior Contributor

Badger,he is still beautiful and Bird is ok,he came to you as a bedraggled little sparrow(no offence to the sparrows ),in need of help and love and will end up looking like a beautiful proud Peacock (poetic early morning)
Words seems trivial,just don't cover what I like to say,you are just simply wonderful,thank's
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Remembering Lukka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Great post, Chico!: I'd certainly like to offer another hats off to to Badger, Frenchy, Cpietra and all the special angels of mercy .
Those who help these poor cats in need do give their all to them. Life-saving shelter and food, healing for their tired and ailing bodies, soothing comfort and reasurance for their frightened little souls.
What a touching remark and so well said.
Never has there been a kitty born that does not deserve every bit of opportunity at a second chance that the doggies get.
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:33 PM
N/A

A Huge Thank You!!!
Great thread Chico2, I think the world of all of you for being such wonderful people and taking great care of your beautiful kitty cats.

Cats are so lucky to have you wonderful rescue angels looking out for them, and giving them a chance at a better life.

From me to all of you.
Old March 14th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Senior Contributor

Birdy is thriving, he is a little firecracker and a very sweet boy. Both his coat and his manners are improving.
Attached Images

Old March 14th, 2007, 06:36 PM

He's so pretty! Thanks for all you do for kitties in the world (and definitely here on the board too).
Old March 15th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Badger,what a pretty little boy and so very fortunate to have a guardian angel,I just cannot say enough about your enormous heart