Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old November 4th, 2010, 11:04 AM

Indoor/Outdoor cats refuse to sleep in their outdoor house

I have two cats that have become indoor / outdoor cats. They are outside during the day and at night to sleep and only inside through weekends when I am home and in the evenings before I go to bed. We live in a mobile home and their house used to be under the house with their beds, food, water, toys, etc. We are currently undergoing outside house renovations and decided that the kids needed a new home so we bought them this small dog dog house (now called the cat mansion) for them put all their beds, toys, food, water, blankets, etc in it, it is heated and is currently sitting on our back deck, it has been moved around a lot in the last couple of weeks with the renovations, etc happening. But is now in it's permanent spot. They go in to eat and drink but for some reason REFUSE to sleep in it. Does anybody have any ideas on getting them in there or why they refuse to sleep in their cat mansion? Any thoughts / ideas would be wonderful!!!

Thank You in advance Kendra
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Why can't they sleep inside? Probably all freaked out by the noise and disruptions going on outside

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM

They are outside cats and have been from day one, they go to the bathroom outside and are not trained for inside. Now if it does come to the point where it is too cold outside and they still refuse to sleep in their cat mansion we will have to take other steps.
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by diandpat View Post
Why can't they sleep inside? Probably all freaked out by the noise and disruptions going on outside

Is there some reason they can't be indoor with you? You are their person. They love you and want to be near you. Is their "mansion" in a safe environment? Fenced in and covered so they can't escape and be hurt?
Cats are creatures of habit. They hate change. Hate it! With construction going on around them they will be very freaked out. And you never give them a chance to get used to their "mansion" being in one spot if you keep moving it. They are confused. They don't know where they belong anymore.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Tags
cats, house, indoor, outdoor