Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old June 18th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Senior Contributor

That is funny MastifLover! I hate it when screaming little kids run up to Bentley. I feel Bentley would hesitate if he felt he should bite, but would probably anyways if he felt that himself or me was in danger. These people need to lean to control their kids. Where was that I saw the add for "leash and collar for kids?"
Old June 19th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Chocolate

omg, those are some messed pet owners.

its definitely NOT you, Missy!!
Then again, PLEASE dont let them get to you, give dirty looks
Old June 20th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Go Chloe, great reaction to the little mongrel, she should be a mascot for the breed, might bring up the reputatuion, oh what a good girl, big smooches from us .ohh sometimes you just want to whack someone in the head and ask to see evidence of a brain. sadly as a teen i once walked past a GSD, my friend in front went first and had a pat and the dog was happy, i walked past and put a hand out and - it went absolutly psycho, i was always scared of dogs but my friend had did it so i assumed the dog was fine, well i havent made that stupid mistake again, shheeesh, bloody teenagers. but it was a good lesson. no one, i mean no one goes near charlie, since she was a pup anyway. the size of her put most off and she is not a traditionally cute little dog so they are not interested. one kid kicked her when she was a pup, he was scared so he lashed out when he was walking past (no parent in sight), well i grabed that little #$%^ and told him i would kick him back, well i didnt kick him but boy was he crying hard when he went away, i doubt he bothered again to harass dogs.
but absolutly no one has been near charlie in years, oh the mothers point her out to the kids and say look at the dog but that is it, i am really lucky, she just does not look like the approachable type (although she is and loves everyone, but i am glad she doesnt). oh boy am i the lucky one.
i imagine it would be really hard with little dogs and cutie pie sadie, they naturally attract attention, i did it myself to a puppy and its mum the other day, just had to say hello to the cutie.
Old June 20th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah, but I bet you asked 1st! I alway have to fuss over other dogs too, as well as giving my dog a chance to say hi too. He loves meeting other dogs, but I make sure he'll get a friendly reception before I allow him to approach it!
Old June 20th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Senior Contributor

Last Fall I was in Petsmart without my own dog because I had just stopped on my way home from work. Two young men came into the store holding their dog by 2 heavy chains between them. This was the 1st time in my life I ever felt absolute fear just looking at a dog. I don't know what kind it was. It was huge, some kind of bulldog type, with bulging shoulder and chest muscles as it strained on the chains and tried to lunge at every other dog around. It looked like the men could barely hold him. I was grateful my dog wasn't with me. Why would they bring a dog like that into a store and put on such a "show"?
Old June 20th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Senior Contributor

oh that is sad. and why would you let a dog get like that, poor dog, cant be a happy life being so scary, ohhhh poooor pupy. i dont know how you controled yourself(well the big scary dog would have done it). i would have wanted to rip their heads off and beat the up or something, a good kick to the shins at least, oh that is sad, mongrels, i wish that type of dog owner 10000 bad karma points, karma will always get them in the end, ha, ha (i stand and do those kicking and punching moves into the air again, ahhh)