Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Off topic forum

Old January 28th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Cinder & Maddie's Mom

Smile Hey Everyone...I'm Baaack!

It's great to be back!
There's been a lot happening in my life over the last 3+ years. Since I was last here, 2 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long!), we had to take in our sweet Pepper, , and help her cross over the Rainbow Bridge to join her old sister Samantha . We were without Pepper for a little less than a month, when we got our little Maddie from a rescue shelter, and what a little sweetheart she is! She'll be 2 on February 5th and is such a joy! She is a little though, and has a tendancy to harass her older sister Cinder...although Cinder has forgotten completely, how much of a little pest she used to be to her older sister Pepper!
I was back at work for just over 2 1/2 years after having been off work for a year on sick leave, and now my department restructured, and my job has been eliminated! Now after 22 years I'm finding myself back in the job market once again...which totally SUCKS!!! But...I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, so when one door closes, another will open...I just have to make sure I'm the one walking through it!
I've got a good severance, so I can take a little time off before I really have to get down to looking for another job, so I'm going to relax, and catch up on what's going on here.

I'm going to try and update my avatar with a pic of Maddie and Cinder, but I can't find a good one that has them both properly in frame together! For now it's going to stay as Pepper and Cinder.

Take care all and try to keep warm!
Peepmouse

Pepper (16) Border Collie/Blue Heeler x
Samantha (15) English Springer Spaniel

Saving just one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that animal.

The soul is the same in all living creatures, even if the body is different.
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Welcome back, Peepmouse! It's been an extremely long time!

I'm so sorry for your loss of Pepper

But congrats on your new addition and so glad to hear you're feeling better! Can't wait to see some pics of Maddie!

Bummer about the job, but I'm like you--I feel if a door closes, it's so another can open up. So what kind of work would you like to get into?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:41 PM

Welcome back Peepmouse Sorry for your losses Congrats on the new addition & on the job hunt

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Cinder & Maddie's Mom

Thanks Growler & Hazel.
We were worried at first that Maddie might end up getting too large since her mom was a boxer, because Cinder is a short little thing, but it turned out that she grew up to be just the perfect size...they both weigh exactly the same...35 pounds, except Maddie is a good 6 inches taller, but extremely fine boned, very dainty! We really got lucky when Maddie decided to choose us to be her forever home! I'll try to get some pics of her posted.

Saving just one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that animal.

Old January 29th, 2010, 12:03 AM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Our little Grace is only 35 pounds, too--but she's a pipsqueak compared to the rest of the Pack. It's a great weight for a lap dog, imo The others think they're lap dogs, too...we humor them on occasion but we don't really agree

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Live well, laugh often

Welcome back Peepmouse .
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Cinder & Maddie's Mom

Lap dog is exactly what she is!! She's a HUGE cuddlepuppy! She grew up right from 3 months sleeping on my lap. Now she curls up in between my legs when I'm sitting on the recliner in the evenings. At night they're both up on the bed, on my side because hubby is a mover at night. Maddie curls up at the bottom of the bed on my left side, sometimes draped over my legs, and Cinder comes up to the top for a cuddle first, then turns around and lays down along my right side, so I have 2 little blast furnaces keeping my warm all night! It's not bad when it's really cold out (like it is right now), but I'm also starting to get night sweats (that darn menopause thing creeping up!), so I wake up absolutely sweating bullets, and they won't move!!! Maddie usually just groans and gets even closer!

Old January 29th, 2010, 12:31 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Oh I can relate to both the cold and the hot flashes I've been cutting down on the heating bills during the day by virtue of hot flashes

The problem I have with the dogs, though, is that they push me against the outside wall when they snuggle on the other side. And the closer they get to me, the more they steal the blankets! So I've got blankets and dogs on one side and cold wall on the other The little s!!! Not even the hot flashes are keeping me entirely warm at night

Old January 29th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Cinder & Maddie's Mom

I can totally relate! Hubby is the blanket hog, and then when Cinder's added to the mix, there are times when the posterior tends to get a little cool against the outside wall! Brrrr!
Thanks for the welcome, TeriM!
Well, it's getting late, and I don't want to wake up hubby when I crawl into bed, so I'd better head off now and hopefully I can sneak in quietly.
Good night all!

Old January 29th, 2010, 12:43 AM
The Pack's Head Servant

Nite, Peepmouse! Sleep well.

Old January 29th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Cinder & Maddie's Mom

You too! G'Night!

Old January 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
-

Welcome back Peepmouse ! sorry about you loosing your job , but you're right , lets hope a better one comes along

we'll need pics of the dogs now