Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 17th, 2007, 06:22 AM

Heaven became a brigher place yesterday

BooBoo has gone to the Rainbow Bridge, just inside Heaven's gate. Yesterday was a heartache and an emptyness that will never be filled, but that is only for the famliy that he has left behind. We are beyond happy that he is once again running across the field and taking off after his sister, Nan, whom he lost 8 years ago. I know they are together, and that gives me great comfort. We had such a great day on Sunday, when the family all got together, spoiled him without shame, and took enough pictures to fill every wall in our house. He wasn't in any pain, and fell asleep outside with all of us sitting near him. Sunday night my husband and I slept right next to him, but he had an uneasy night. Monday, he started going downhill fast, and we couldn't wait for the vet to come to our house. (I had promised him not one more trip to the doctor's office because it always caused him so much stress.)
We were so blessed to have him for just shy of 13 years. I always spoiled him shamelessly, but I loved doing it. He was loved by everyone who met him. Even his vet said he was one of a kind. We had a great time and he will never be forgotten. The words to describe him just won't come right now. He is still everywhere in the house, and it was extremely hard to pick up his water bowl, his blankies, and his bed. I look around and something so important is missing. I will miss the greetings when I come home, you laying next to me when I was doing something, our routine that is suddenly not there. So many things that I still haven't faced - but I will because to do anything less would be to dishonor your memory.
We will be together someday. Someday I will write a story of our life together. But not right now. Now I hurt, and the tears are on the surface. I will cry when I need to, but only for myself. I know that you are okay and that is solace itself.
Goodbye is only temporary. I will see you someday, and we will pick up right where we left off.
Beloved BooBoo, rest in peace until then.