Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old June 20th, 2007, 03:15 PM

Part of my gang

Well...here's some of my gang. My Dane/Mastiff mix, Lucas, down on the beach and my cat, Klaatu. He's the reincarnated in a cat's body, I swear to it! And then my buddy lovebird, Louie. I also have a ferret, finches, couple dozen doves (hence, Dovelady), goldfish, koi, etc... Anybody wanna dove?
Attached Images

Old June 20th, 2007, 03:22 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Gorgeous family, dovelady. I see Klaatu is a bird watcher he he How do he and the lovebird and doves get along?

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Half Way To Crazy

beautiful pictures of your gang !! why is your lovebird picture soooo small, louie want to have a BIG picutre also :sad:
Old June 20th, 2007, 03:36 PM

K, I got a pic of my ferret, Duke. A real sweety, he is! There's also one of the 3 newest baby ringneck doves. Ain't they cute? Well, I've just realized that all of my pets have an interesting story behind them...Maybe one day I'll be able to share them with you, but my hands are going to start cramping up any minute, so I'd better get of the computer and go do something worth my time.
Attached Images

Old June 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww,I love doves and birds period,yours don't have the typical black ring on the back of their necks?
I am thinking Ringnecked Turtle Doves,but maybe that's not what they are,they look really white.
I had a Turtle Dove here in my backyard,she had a distinct black ring on her neck,very beautiful.
Unfortunately she died when the weather got to cold,I tried desperatly to catch her,but it was a no go:sad:
Here's a pic..sorry about the quality,that's as close as I could get.
Attached Images

Old June 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM

These are just babies and haven't developed the ring around their neck yet. Domestic Ringneck doves come in MANY different colors. Ringnecks are in the turtle dove family, but most people call them just plain ol' Ringneck Doves Where do you live? I'm thinking if she died when the weather got cold she *might've* been domestic. Is that possible?????? I don't know...it looks like it *might* be a little light-colored for wild turtle dove, but that could be the lighting.
Doves are frequently released and people don't realize they can't take care of themselves.:sad: Such a shame... I have an aviary downstate that neighborhood kids have been "breaking into" (no one puts a lock on it anymore and it's 300 miles from where I live can be very frustrating.) I went down there to check on my doves and noticed something orange sitting on the outside of the aviary. When I got of the car I realized it was one of my doves! I was shocked!
Anywho, I love my doves, but their's just too dang many! I currently have 31( ) , 4 of which are with me right now. The other 27 are downstate.
I'm sorry you couldn't save the dove, but I'm afraid I have to say that that's life, and everything has a beginning and end...
Old June 20th, 2007, 08:34 PM
-

What a beautiful family ! Specialy Lucas I love big dogs
Old June 20th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Live well, laugh often

Lucas is soooo handsome and Klaatu looks like a real character . How do all the animals get along?
Old June 21st, 2007, 06:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Dovelady,yes,I was told by Humane Society and MNR(ministry of natural resources)Turtle Doves here are usually domesticated,not wild.
She stayed here at my feeders for quiet a while,but she was impossible to catch.
I've got a whole bunch of Pigeons and Mourning Doves and she was not afraid to eat among them.She was truly beautiful..
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:33 AM

I guess I've got to get Lou a bigger picture...I didn't realize it was sooooo small (don't EVER tell him I did that, he'd bite my ears of for sure! )
Most of the animals seem to get along fine except on those rare occasions when one gets a little too hyped up on ferret food (*cough* Klaatu). Klaatu gets into one of these moods where he'll hide under furniture and jump out at everyones ankle until they can't walk on it anymore. He IS a character and he loves to watch those tasty little birds!(bad cat!)
We love all our animals and most of them love all of us back (the doves are allowed to fly free in an aviary so they aren't handled too much unfortunatley...:sad: ) I don't care what people say; if animals have personalities, they must have a soul (but that's just my opinion). Lucas escpecially is soooooo human it's not even funny (well, yes, it is funny, but only because it's so human-like)
OK, I believe I have blabbed enough for now...
Old June 21st, 2007, 11:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Oh, those are great picturres! What a fun family! Gotta love the little "devil" cat and his mischief, LOL! The doves are beautiful. I had one growing up, just love them!
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Dovelady,of course the animals have soul and certainly tons of personality
If I was younger I wish I could have as many animals as you do...:sad:
Most people do not like Pigeons,but hubby and I love them,they come to my feeders around the same time every day,many have amazing colours.
We especially love the two white ones,they look like angels
If your aviary is far from your home,what purpose do the Doves serve to you??
Are they used for anything?Or do you just breed them,because you love them?
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
-

You have a wonderful family there. Duke is gorgeous and Lucas is a very handsome boy. Klaatu seems like quite the character ....and, I love the pic of him and the birdhouse.
Old June 21st, 2007, 08:59 PM

Well, I breed my doves because I love them. We are currently renting a place and can't bring ALL of them up with me until we have a place to put them.
I love pigeons too! I had to take are of one for a few days after it was hit by a car. Called her Roxie while she was with me. Gorgeous little thing but she had feather mites:sad:
I guess I oughta admit... I LOVE BIRDS!!!!! Birds, birds, birds... Something about them just fascinates me...

Oh, I added bigger pic of Louie... Now we all can tell him he has TWO pictures...maybe three. I CAN'T DELETE IT!!!! Oh wells.Lucky lovebird... I'll see if I can find a pic of my aviary. I must have a couple buried in this computer somewhere....
Attached Images

Old June 21st, 2007, 09:19 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Louie is gorgeous! Your doves, too--and the ferret looks like a little dickens. So Klaatu has a ferret food fetish, eh? Say that fast 10 times!

I love birds, too.

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 22nd, 2007, 06:59 AM
Senior Contributor

Thank's for explaining the aviary
Hope to see some pics....I get this strange feeling when I see this large group of Pigeons flying on their way to my feeders,every day around 1:30pm,a feeling of awe
Yeah,I know,I've been called weird before
Love your Love-bird!!
I have a pic of some of my Pigeons,don't have a very good zoom though
Attached Images

Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Thank's for explaining the aviary
Hope to see some pics....I get this strange feeling when I see this large group of Pigeons flying on their way to my feeders,every day around 1:30pm,a feeling of awe
Yeah,I know,I've been called weird before
Love your Love-bird!!
I have a pic of some of my Pigeons,don't have a very good zoom though
Those pigeons are gorgeous! Especially the white one... i get that same feeling of awe; pigeons are such great fliers ...too bad people usually think of them as stinky and messy (they don't smell bad at all as long as you keep their water clean ) Seagulls are also very good fliers, especially when it gets REAL windy out.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Young at Heart

Love the kitty/birdhouse picture! He does seem like a little imp - isn't it wonderful when they show character like that? Isn't it??? Really Your ferret has a very impish face too - does he get into mischief too?

Very nice pictures of a lovely family!
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanM View Post
Love the kitty/birdhouse picture! He does seem like a little imp - isn't it wonderful when they show character like that? Isn't it??? Really Your ferret has a very impish face too - does he get into mischief too?

Very nice pictures of a lovely family!
yes, both the cat and ferret get into mischief. Don't ever let them near each other though.

Here's a few pics I found of my aviary, not many but a few. It's makeshift, but it keeps the doves safe, it was cheap, and it's nice inside. You can hold 35 doves easy (we calculated it out and everything), but there's only 27 doves right now. I just love those little brats . They sound so pretty too....They're just goofy little things too, look at the way they eat! In a pretty little circle/star! hehe
Attached Images

Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:38 PM

Wow they form a perfect circle when they eat!

I like the cat reaching into the birdhouse too! He looks pretty mischievous!

The ferret is cute and the little love bird is just gorgeous!
Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM

wow, cute pics!

http://www.freewebs.com/crazy4cresteds/index.htm
Old June 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Dovelady,they are absolutely beautiful
I also have a couple of Crows who eat our leftovers every day only 2 left out of 7,they died off from the West Nile virus a couple of years ago.
Right now the female is on her nest(somewhere close)and the male takes a beakful of food,brings it to her.
Soon I'll be introduced to the babies soon
I get 2 white Pigeons and others that have very pretty colours,I've had as many as 35 at one time,less in the summer.
They are not dirty around my house and if they have to poop,they have to poop,nothing much they can do about that