Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old August 21st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Any updates yet, BenMax. I have been thinking of her all day.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:18 PM
-

Peaches update !

I just got off the phone with BM , she is very busy and knows everyone is waiting for this update so she asked me to post that ....

Peaches is ok ! But , the next 24 hours are crucial. She had 2 dead pups inside her , one in the birth canal , 2 others had to be put to sleep , so the operation saved Peaches's life !!

BM stayed and checked up Peaches all day. At the end of the day , Peaches was awake shaking , had heating pads and blankets all over her. Everyone at the vet clinic are taking special care of her. They also took out very very rotten teeth , so she only has 2 left now. She is also anemic , which is no surprise. Vet said this little dog was a real fighter , to be so underweight , old , pregnant , very bad shape , but fighting for her life.

BM will be able to pick her up on Monday

so keep good thoughts coming

Last edited by Frenchy; August 21st, 2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:22 PM
Senior Contributor

A big hug for Peaches and 2 lit candles for the puppies that didn't make it.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old August 21st, 2009, 10:19 PM
Senior Contributor

she sounds like a real treasure, and has a angel watching over her yup its you ben max !let me know if i can help!! brenda and the pins
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:04 AM
ZiggyZuzuZoeyRaggzy&Keena

Oh Benmax I know this weekend will seem soooooooooo long until you can pick sweet Peaches up but it will feel so nice to get her home and snuggled up close

Thanks for the update Frenchy and any other little stories about our fighter over the wekend will be appreciated

Ginger and Hobo at the Bridge (Valentine's Day 2011) but NEVER forgotten <3...

"‎I have sent you on a journey to a land free from pain, not because
I did not love you, but because I loved you too much to force
you to stay" ♥ ♥

We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness.
It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:09 AM
Live well, laugh often

I've been away and am just reading this now. You have done an amazing job benmax and I am keeping good thoughts for this poor girl for a quick recovery .
Old August 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Senior Contributor

I was exhausted yesterday so I asked Frenchy to give you an update on Peaches' status. Indeed, 2 pups were already dead, another stuck and not responding in the birthing canal and the other appeared normal. The pups were of larger breed so there was no way she would have survived a natural birth. She had no milk at all - dry which is unusual as she was actually very close. The pups were humanly euthanized as there was no choice at all.

6 teeth were extracted all rotted right to the root. The vet has never seen such a horrific case of neglect. She is convinced that this is a puppymill dog or a BYB situation. She was heartbroken for this girl and kept me up to date on everything. Before surgery, they brought me a nice Cafe Latte, and went the process once again. Also, one of our volunteers (LOVE YOU), had her dog all ready in case blood was required. Everyone was there.

The day dragged forever. I was in and out just to check. She is completely out of it as you can imagine but she did recognize my voice.

If all goes well, she should be home by Monday night. Believe it or not, this little girl has touched so many hearts, so many people! The vet is very protective of her and reprimanded one of her staff who said she was ugly with the tongue that will hang out. Boy did she get it!

So thank you all so very much for your support. You have individually touched me profoundly. I realize that this is more than just a internet community - though I have never met most of you, I know how much you truly have an animals best interest at heart. YOU GUYS ROCK! Love you all so very much. Thank you.

Last edited by BenMax; August 22nd, 2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:02 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Thank you BenMax for fighting for her. Without you she would have been just another statistic. :sad: Now she has a fighting chance. I have a feeling she will be a failed foster very quickly. If not already. to you and to sweet Peaches. Your vet rocks as well for what she has done!!
Peaches will stay in my thoughts and prayers. Sending from Southern Ont.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh, BenMax, I am so happy, I am crying. You are absolutely this girl's .

Sending more for a very speedy recovery.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:25 AM
Senior Contributor

I think we are all her guardian angels. She has such fight in her it's unbelieveable. The vet is amazed as to how this dog survived in the first place. It is troublesome to know that someone out there let this happen willingly and knowingly just to turn a profit. I am so very happy to know that her life will change for the better. She WILL be loved, she will thrive in this lifetime and get to be just a normal dog. No more pain and suffering. She so deserves the very best. Peaches is just a wonderful little girl and seeing her last night was very upsetting but I know she knows that she is in good hands. She had 2 IVs, monitors and equipment around her, but when she heard my voice, she lifted her little head and looked at me. I just wanted to grab her in my arms and hold her close. Instead I touched her little head and kissed her. I am certain she knows that she is going to be ok.

I am anxiously watching the clock to call this morning. I need to know that everything is ok. I need to know that she is coming home soon. I am at the edge of my seat.
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Biatch slap that person who said Peaches was ugly. I have never seen her but I think she is just gorgeous. I was thinking of her last night before I went to bed. I wore a St Francis medal and asked for him to help her. I hope she is home soon.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old August 22nd, 2009, 09:16 AM
Senior Contributor

Best Report

Just got off the phone and she is doing amazingly well. As the vet put it: She wants to live!
Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Great news!!! Now you can go visit for a while.
We expect pics soon. We have to see how "ugly" she is for ourselves. Stupid girl. Fantastic vet!! all of you!
Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Senior Contributor

Yep need pictures...

Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor

Benmax, I'm in tears right now. She's got to make it. What a beautiful soul you have found in Peaches.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Senior Contributor

Thankyou BenMax, and to your support group, for saving this little precious girl and being there for her. We need more people in the world like this.

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:02 PM
Senior Contributor

wounderful news brenda and the pins
Old August 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
Just got off the phone and she is doing amazingly well. As the vet put it: She wants to live!
woooohoooooo !!! I'm so happy to hear this
Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

WAHOO, WAHOO, WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear that BenMax.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
Senior Contributor

Visit with Peaches

I dropped by to see Peaches and she is doing GREAT!!!. She looks good, she feels better and she is eating very very well. I was able to spend 30 minutes with her where she enjoyed her total body massage. It is incredible how much she has improved. Surprisingly enough, her tongue does not hang out with all those teeth missing. I can see that she is starting to feel less pain and it's only a matter of time where she will be painfree.

Peaches is getting spoiled at the clinic. She has quickly become the favorite and everyone absolutely loves her. Peaches is getting premium treatment by the best vet and staff. I can almost detect a keen interest in her by one staff member..

So everything is A-OK!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Senior Contributor

What fantastic news!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Wow, that is so wonderful, BenMax . And to think, that if it wasn't for you, she would probably be dead or close to death right now.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old August 23rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
Live well, laugh often

Yeah, that is wonderful news .
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Contributor

Awesome!!! Do you know when she will be able to come home?

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
Senior Contributor

BenMax,I did not comment much,since my PC went caput,but am sooo happy little Peaches is doing good
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Senior Contributor
Space Invaders Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion

Oh BM I am so happy that things are going good for the little

Owned by

Bree 12 year old GSD
Keesha 8 year old GSD
Cyrus 7 year old GSD

RIP: All my angels.
Old August 23rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Rottie owner and lover

I am so happy for that little girl, she has endured so much, and now will be living pain free and happy the rest of her day.
Thank you for saving her BM
Old August 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM

I have not been on for a few days so I just spotted this and read it from start to finish. I teared up often at your disbelief and frustration. I know I don't post much lately (I tend to peruse folks threads) but I have the utmost respect for you and the other rescuers on Pets.ca . DH and I are not ready to foster yet, but we will be some day (soon we hope) and when we are you are going to be one of many I will be sending a PM to full of questions. This is a wonderful community we have here.

I will be sending lots of and for you and Peaches .

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old August 23rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I can almost detect a keen interest in her by one staff member..

So everything is A-OK!
another wooohoooo !!!!

you owe us a pic BTW
Old August 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaKat View Post
I have not been on for a few days so I just spotted this and read it from start to finish. I teared up often at your disbelief and frustration. I know I don't post much lately (I tend to peruse folks threads) but I have the utmost respect for you and the other rescuers on Pets.ca . DH and I are not ready to foster yet, but we will be some day (soon we hope) and when we are you are going to be one of many I will be sending a PM to full of questions. This is a wonderful community we have here.

I will be sending lots of and for you and Peaches .
When you are ready for one of the most rewarding things in life, please do PM. There are so many of us that will have such pleasure helping you every step of the way.

I guarantee you will never forget it. We cannot save them all sadly, but that one we do save is one more that has defeated all the odds - thanks to people who take that extra step to make this a better world. I cannot wait for you to experience that feeling - be careful - it's addictive!

The basic ingredients is a good rescue, good people to surround you in case, and great advice here at pets. I have learned so much here, and I have surrounded myself with knowledgeable and wonderful people behind this screen. They have kept me sain, optimistic and I keep learning. This is the BEST community!