Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 28th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Molly's mama

Happy Birthday Molly!

Yesterday marked Mollys 1st birthday! Since she was a rescue, we don't know her actual birthdate, but we decided to make it Oct 27 since it was also our 1 year anniversary! The husband and I had the day off and took Molly for a walk but the poor girl was shivering, it was cold and snowing out! So it looks like she needs a coat as a belated birthday present! She also got an extra special dinner (with egg and some extra treats!) and lots of extra love from mom and dad
We have had her for 6 months now and she brings so much joy into our lives... along with some frustrations (still into destroying random things when we are out of the house) but I couldn't imagine life without her now.
Happy Birthday baby girl!!
Attached Images

Old October 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Senior Contributor

AWWW Happy birthday molly!! What a gorgous girly!
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old October 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
-

Happy birthday Molly ! So now she can have a b-day AND a gotcha day (the day you adopted her)

Old October 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Senior Contributor

LOL.. she looks reeeeeeeeeaaaaally strechy in the second picture :P
Jasper - White cat

R.I.P Casey #1.
Gone but never ever forgotten.
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh, Molly is SOOO cute!!!! I love that you made her b-day the same as your anniversary!!!!

Happy Birthday, Molly!!!!!!!!

Do you know what her length and girth are? I have a few coats that I got last winter that don't fit either of mine. I wonder if they would fit Molly?? Too big for Belle and too small for Petey. I can't remember their sizes though, I'd have to look them up. But I'm guessing maybe around a 20 inch girth?
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Happy Birthday Molly girl!! You are definately going to need a winter wardrobe soon.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old October 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Molly's mama

thanks everyone!
Molly loooves to stretch! She's so good at it too! She's into "Doga" (get it.. Yoga.... heh heh)
Smiley- I think she is about 21 inches long from collar to base of tail... and about 20 in. girth. Let me know a bit more about those coats and maybe we could strike a deal!?
Old October 28th, 2008, 10:04 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY!! She is so pretty

Noel- 4 year old black and white cat
Felix- 6 year old black cat
Maggie-3 year old Newfoundland Dog
Sparkie- Puppy Shih zu
Old October 28th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollywog View Post
thanks everyone!
Molly loooves to stretch! She's so good at it too! She's into "Doga" (get it.. Yoga.... heh heh)
Smiley- I think she is about 21 inches long from collar to base of tail... and about 20 in. girth. Let me know a bit more about those coats and maybe we could strike a deal!?
I'm still at work right now, but I'll look at them when I get home and let you know! She's just slightly bigger than Belle, so I know one I was thinking of would for sure be too big for her (it's just slightly too small for Petey), but there are two others that might fit! One is a puffy vest that I got for Belle, but she swims in it, so it might be too big for Molly too, but I'll look at it again and measure it and try it on Belle again as I can't remember for sure. And then I know for sure that I have a dressier style green plaid one that is just slightly too big for Belle that I think would fit?? I get home in an hour, so I'll let you know!
Old October 28th, 2008, 11:05 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

happy birthday, Molly!!

and

happy anniversary, mr & ms mollywog!

And may you all have many more...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:07 AM

Happy Birthday Purrty Grrl Molly!

She is just so cute!

and Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs Mollywog

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Senior Contributor

Ok, I dug through their "discard" pile of things that don't fit and found quite a bit! But unfortunately, only one coat possibility and I think it might be too big??

This is all stuff I am trying to get rid of since it's taking up way too much space in their drawers (yes, I know, I know, they are spoiled and have their own little dresser ) so I am giving it away for free. I actually have more, but these are the ones that could possibly fit Molly! Too big for Belle (18 inches length, but same girth as Molly at 21 inches) and too small for Petey at 24 inches length/31 girth. Some are out of season, but thought I'd throw them in anyway. And don't worry, all of it was extremely cheap. I'm a big clearance shopper so they were only a few dollars each!

The green plaid coat I was thinking of was actually a lot smaller than I thought! It's actually now even too small for Belle! This tan and chocolate brown reversal puffy vest is still way too big for her though. I think it would fit Molly well in length, but would be a little too big for her in girth. But worth a try at least?? You can see how big it is on Belle, LOL! It's not a very girly coat, but I was picturing it looking cute with a turtleneck sweater underneath it.

Name:  Clothes 001.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  30.3 KB
Name:  Clothes 002.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  27.4 KB

And I tried to line up the other stuff that I thought might fit her. I can take better pics of them if you'd like. I'm pretty sure the pink fleece and the yellow sweatshirt would fit her as they are just slightly too big for Belle. The pink fleece is sleeveless vest style, very soft, but very thin, like paper. It's nice as another layer or for inside the house though. No velco or buttons so great for laying around in.

Name:  Clothes 003.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  28.0 KB
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Senior Contributor

This red sweater is the only one that's been worn before and Petey used to wear it when he was smaller. I tried it on Belle just now and it's just a little too big, so I'm pretty sure that would fit Molly too. BUT it has a hole in it unfortunately.

Name:  Clothes 004.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  37.7 KB
Name:  Clothes 006.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  29.7 KB

And then the oddball, out of season stuff, LOL, that would probably be too big for her, but if she's still filling out, might fit her next summer. If you even care for that sort of stuff!

Two pink tanktop sundresses (the two piled on top of each other) and then the goofy "school girl" style dress. Oh, also a turtle bathrobe. (I know, I know...)

Name:  Clothes 005.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  55.3 KB

So let me know if you want any or all of it! I've given away all of Belle's puppy stuff, so I've been planning on giving this stuff away as well as we'll never be able to use it.
Old October 29th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Molly's mama

Wow, thanks so much Smiley. I re measured her and her girth at its largest (ribcage) is actually 23. But her tiny little waist is 13!!! So go ahead and choose whatever ones you think might fit her and let me know how much the shipping is. You are an ! This way DH can't rag on me for buying clothes for the dog!
Old October 29th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Senior Contributor

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY MOLLY!

There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old October 29th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Wow, thanks so much Smiley. I re measured her and her girth at its largest (ribcage) is actually 23. But her tiny little waist is 13!!! So go ahead and choose whatever ones you think might fit her and let me know how much the shipping is. You are an ! This way DH can't rag on me for buying clothes for the dog!
Aww, she has such a tiny waist! That's how Belle is too. I think it's cute!

That's good that her girth is slightly bigger. I still think a lot of it will be a little big around, but it will give her growing room! And if it never fits, then feel free to pass along to someone else! So her length is around 21, correct?
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Happy belated Birthday, Molly

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old October 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Molly's mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley14 View Post
That's good that her girth is slightly bigger. I still think a lot of it will be a little big around, but it will give her growing room! And if it never fits, then feel free to pass along to someone else! So her length is around 21, correct?
yes, her length is 21 inches I will PM you our address can't wait to have a photo shoot of the new threads!!!
Old October 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
yes, her length is 21 inches I will PM you our address can't wait to have a photo shoot of the new threads!!!
Got it! I will try to get them in the mail tomorrow! Hopefully at least some of it will fit her!
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Senior Contributor

Happy birthday, Molly! And don't forget to post those fashion photos when you model your new duds!
Old October 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
-

Belated Birthday Greetings Molly !!!
Attached Images

Old October 29th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Molly's mama

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes (and anniversary too, it was our 1st! Hard to believe it's already been a year!)
Sorry, I haven't been around much on the board lately, I have a new job (substitute teacher) and have been working my butt off teaching all grades K-12, and on top of that keeping DH happy and fed (and Molly too)!
And BIG thanks to Smiley! I promise to post pics as soon as we get the package!!