Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:11 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Aztec is a sweetheart to put up with the upheaval in his life so well. I would imagine Mommy helping other kitties and him seeing them lately has helped a lot too.
Cinnamon is such a doll! I have a feeling you are looking at at least another week. Maybe next weekend. Not that I know. Just looking at her she doesn't look ready yet. I was thinking maybe a week and a half or so.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:11 PM
Senior Contributor

SCM Aztec is beautiful!

You say Cinnamon is a Siamese? I didn't know they came in that colour. She sure is pretty and a very lucky kitty to have found you.

Do u have a vet ready just in case she has trouble having her babies?

~Tegan 9 year old yellow lab~
~Wilbur 9 year old LH cat~
~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~O'Shawnnessey 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
~Mindy 7 yr old shih tzu~
~Dexter 10yr old Salmon (large goldfish)
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
You say Cinnamon is a Siamese? I didn't know they came in that colour.
Me neither! I'm learning so much about kitties on this forum
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

She's absolutely gorgeous, scm!!! And Aztec is as handsome as ever, too!

So is there any chance that Aztec might have a new sister after the kittens are weaned? Cinnamon seems to have taken quite a shine to her foster mum

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:46 PM
~Cat Servent~

Oh Aztec is soooo handsome!

And she is gorgeous!!! She'd be a perfect match for my Mickey! (that would even the house out to 4 and 4 too!) Her belly is quite big...I wanna guess too...5! Her colouring is so soft...and those eyes.... so have you told Aztec about his new sister yet??

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old July 3rd, 2010, 11:10 PM

Been following this thread, anxiously waiting the arrival of the new kitties. She sure is a beauty and lucky to have found you. And Aztec, he looks so regal, what a gorgeous face he has.

Mama to Izzy, rescued March 2009.
Old July 4th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenamlambe View Post
Me neither! I'm learning so much about kitties on this forum

Me too!

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old July 4th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Catlover2

Cinnamon Girl is a Red Lynx Point Colorpoint Shorthair. Colorpoint Shorthairs were Siamese hybridized with domestic shorthairs to produce a Siamese body type with other point colours other than the Seal, Blue, Chocolate and Lilac that are the accepted Siamese colors according to the Cat Fanciers Assoc. Lynx point=tabby markings in the color extremities. As for prediction of colours in the kittens, the pointed pattern is recessive, so unless the father also is carrying it, likely all the kittens will be solid coloured, then it would look like an Oriental Shorthair (that's a Siamese body type with solid colours, e.g. black), and if the father is longhair (another recessive gene) and Cinnamon Girl carries it there may be kittens that look something like a Balinese=longhair Siamese or Javanese=longhair Colorpoint Shorthair. Are you still with me?

As for the "crossed eyes", a lot of older type apple-head Siamese had crossed eyes, but breeders have been trying to breed out this look, as it's considered a "fault" and would be penalized by the judge in the show ring.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...26tbs%3Disch:1

Last edited by catlover2; July 4th, 2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old July 4th, 2010, 08:48 AM

Aztec is incredible! And Cinamon looks like she is taking to her new home quite well.
Old July 4th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Senior Contributor

This thread is so exciting

Cinnamon girl is gorgeous and you are such a sweetie for taking her in and being so concerned for her. I know how hard it is when they meow pitifully, really breaks your heart, but hang in there .

oh and I guess 5

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

This is so exciting! whata beauty! My guess is 6 no 7! Yeah 7.... sorry SCM !
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM

Heehee, this is so exciting! Has anyone guessed three? I'm going to guess three. Three healthy, boisterous little kittiesss. Hahah. They're going to be so adorable.

So will you have a vet around when she gives birth? Or will she (Cinnamon) just take care of it on their own?
Old July 4th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Senior Contributor

my guess is 6...
Old July 4th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the explanation, catlover2, on feline genetics. Should be interesting to see what her babies look like. I'm leaning more and more towards papa being the long-haired grey polydactyl guy that I trapped on May 9th. He turned out to be too feral for adoption and is back in my neighbourhood, minus his nuts and with the addition of a microchip and tattoo. We named him Berlin. I'm pretty sure he's Memphis' brother, who was the first feral I TNRed (here is that story, if anyone missed it: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....&highlight=tnr).

Before Berlin, there were 2 other tomcats that I'd trapped on April 24th, one a long-haired orange guy that has since been adopted, and the other was a short-haired grey and white cutie that is still waiting for his forever home. Here is his profile at the MEOW Foundation (scroll down to "Eilmitore" - and no, I didn't name him ): http://www.meowfoundation.com/bins/c...?cid=110#short

Anyway, here's some more info on colourpoint shorthairs (with pics!), as they're referred to by the CFA in the U.S. (other countries still call them siamese): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorpoint_Shorthair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
My guess is 6 no 7! Yeah 7.... sorry SCM !
Don't even joke!!!

Quote:
Has anyone guessed three? I'm going to guess three.
I'll put you and hubby down for 3 then. I'm hoping for just 3. As long as they aren't so big that birthing them is a problem!

Quote:
So will you have a vet around when she gives birth? Or will she (Cinnamon) just take care of it on their own?
Hopefully she takes care of it all on her own ! But I also want to be there when it happens, just in case she needs some help (I do have a couple excellent vets on speed-dial). I'm certain she's a first-time mom, so that could complicate things a bit. I was hoping she'd have them this weekend so the chances would be greater that I'd be home, but I think 14+ is right, it's going to be a bit longer.

Okay, off to go upload some more pics of this little beauty......

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:07 PM
-

ok my turn to guess .... I'll guess for 2 fat ones because it will be easier to get them adopted out easier than placing 6-7
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:24 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

How long was your polydactyl guy gone? If he was brought back soon after his neutering he may still have been able to do the deed. So it may be a bit longer before babies show up. She really does not look that big in the pics you posted. But then she's lying down in all of them. Would be helpful to see her standing.
If Cinnamon only showed up about 6 weeks or so then maybe it's not one of your hood that is the daddy.
I'm sticking to next weekend or later before babies come and let's say 3 or 4. Probably 4.
She is adorable no matter what breed you call her.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
ok my turn to guess .... I'll guess for 2 fat ones because it will be easier to get them adopted out easier than placing 6-7
Ha ha! That would be awesome, except I'm pretty sure I felt more than that. Or somebody in there travels around a lot! One of the kittens really likes to press his head up against momma's side, cause sometimes it looks like she's got a tumour . Or "toomah", as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say.

Oh, hubby just informed me he's upped his guess to 8, based on this shot:

Can you say "beached whale"!! Really, it's just an unflattering camera angle. She doesn't look quite that huge, but ya, I'm thinking there's gotta be at least 4 in there.

So sleepy.....

Eat and sleep, eat and sleep...

zzzzzzzz.....

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:41 PM
150% PRO S/N

Mmm, now those shots tell more of a story! She has already cleaned the fur off from around her teats, or is working on it. Belly looks a lot bigger in that one shot. And she's sleeping a lot more? So maybe only a few more days.

Old July 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM

SCM, for taking in this girl. She and her kittens will be so much better off because you are giving them a good start to life. It is amazing to actually see kittens being born if Mom is comfortable with it 9and then you know right away if something goes wrong)
Sunshine~ Golden retriever X white german sheperd (Dad's dog)~October 24, 2008-
Old July 4th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Senior Contributor

Aww, floofy belly!
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Okay...gotta get my guess in here too.....from those pics, I'll guess 4, maybe 5!!!!
Do we have any caravans coming from Calgary to Toronto????
Good luck SCM! I know you will be here letting us know as soon as it happens. Bless you....that little girl has a chance now and so do her babies....
Old July 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Catlover2

Kitty colours to be expected with Red tabby female and a blue or grey male could be: Red or Cream tabby male kitties and Tortie or Blue Cream females, some may be torbies. If the sire carries pointed pattern, you may have some.....kitty will be white, and it will be several weeks before the point colour appears, and if CG carries longhair, you might even get a fluffy. Looking at her nipples, looks like a first-time queen.

Hope she has an easy birthing. Whatever she has it will be a colourful bunch!

Last edited by catlover2; July 4th, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old July 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Senior Contributor

SCM,I actually had no idea you were involved in trapping kitties and having them spayed and neuteredthat's wonderful
I have no idea how I could not know this,after all this time

The poor Tortie next door to me is very heavily pregnant,she's bigger than Cinnamon(her tummy)and they still let her out day/night

I am betting 6 kittens,the same as Gerris mama-cat
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

I am sticking with my guess of 6 and before next week.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 4th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Senior Contributor

I'm guessing 5, but I hope she only has 4 so it will be easier on her.

~Mirabelle 18 mos dsh~
~Darby 1 year old dsh~
Old July 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra_Queen View Post
I'm guessing 5, but I hope she only has 4 so it will be easier on her.
As long as she has SCM, she will be just fine and will be able to feed all her kittens, unless there is nine and then one will be out a nipple

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old July 4th, 2010, 08:58 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

Oh, my! That's one cute belly Big, but cute!!

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old July 4th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Live well, laugh often

Cinnamon girl is beautiful . Hope things continue to go well and that she only has 2-3 kittens .
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Senior Contributor

If the meow foundation can't help, you could try Heaven Can Wait in High River.
I'm sorry I can't offer anything other than that, I really don't know that much about feral pregnant cats.
I do want to thank you for caring for her, and helping her. So many big hearted ppl here, and you are one of them.
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh My! She looks a lot like my Theedee, minus the prego belly.
She's beautiful, and Aztec, wow what a handsome dude
Wendellan~ Feline~ 10(ish)
Theedee~Feline~10(ish)
"Da-Goob"~ APBT/Dogo x (5-6ish)

"My Pitbulls are better behaved than your kids!" (my favorite bumper sticker)