Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time!

Old November 4th, 2008, 08:10 PM

Angry How to teach cat to use toilet

i think my cat is smart, they (3 of them) never **** inside the house. I always leave the window slightly open for them to go in and out. But this way allow other male cats to get inside my house which sometimes fighting or making sex with one of my cat. This time i want to close the window and let them lock inside the house but how to teach them to use the toilet. Anybody knows?
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:37 PM

Have you tried a litter box?
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:20 PM
chronically insane.

Um yeah.. it's called a litterbox...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_box

Keeping your window open at night is asking for trouble. Are your cats fixed? If not the whole neighborhood will come a callin'

~ RIP Timmy ~ May 2009 - November 6th 2009
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:28 PM

i have done that using litter box and it is working. but what i want is that they should piss & **** direct to water closet as what i saw in funniest home video, the cat really use the bowl to piss. With this technique no more cleaning up litter box or no need litter box.
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Yes, but it is dangerous should one of your kitties fall into the toilet. Secondly, what are you going to do if your kitty gets injured or sick and they can't get up on the toilet?

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:30 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Part of the responsibilities of pet ownership is cleaning up after them. For dogs it means pooper scooping. For cats it's cleaning their litter. It's just the way it is.
The best way of making sure that no cats get into your house to fight and "make sex" is to keep your window closed and to get your cats spayed and neutered. This cuts down on fighting quite a bit because the males are no longer fighting over the females.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:56 AM

Whats that... ???

What is that tugging feeling on my leg? Oh ........its my leg being pulled. I think someone is taking the mickey???? You have got to be kidding me?
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai'smom View Post
What is that tugging feeling on my leg? Oh ........its my leg being pulled. I think someone is taking the mickey???? You have got to be kidding me?
Great way to put it. Unfortunately you can never be sure. Hence, the advice.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM

You are quite right - and much more professional than me. I just couldnt take that seriously and I hate most of the Animal Funniest whatevers... Yes some are cute but You Tube has got a whole load of people making their pets do totally abnormal stuff for laughs.
Im now rolling on the floor as i just had a mental visual of a tom cat standing on his hind legs pointing his pencil at the toilet bowl
And his significant other meiouwing cause he didnt lift the lid
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the picture reference kathryn. That made me laugh so hard!

Last edited by danam314; November 5th, 2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Senior Contributor

You would be surprised. If this person is from another country that is not 'pet' savvy then perhaps they really don't know.
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:24 AM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks BenMax. I thought when I first read it that it may be a joke too but fzadam has been a member since May. I went back and checked other threads/questions asked. I really feel this one is in need of advice. So let's try to help a little.

fzadam - I would rule out trying to teach the cats to use the water closet and stick with using litter boxes. That is the best way to go.
And please try to find a vet or clinic if available in your area to see about getting your 3 cats s/n or you will end up with many, many more.

Old November 5th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Kitty pimp

lmao ok well you would think kits using the tiolet would be the least of the prolems i still think we are being joshed about
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
lmao ok well you would think kits using the tiolet would be the least of the prolems i still think we are being joshed about
Maybe - but I have to tell you that my 'mother' country knows squat about pets....
Old November 18th, 2008, 02:41 AM

Thanks 14+kitties i think you're right, i have to be patient to take care of them. Actually i got one 10 months old cat now give birth 2 kittens (both female) and i also got 7 months old 3 cats (1 female & 2 males) but unluckily i accidentally run over one male cat,() feel so sad. now i got 5 cats including 2 kittens. I plan to bisec female cats after they give birth once.
Attached Images

Last edited by fzadam; November 18th, 2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old November 18th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzadam View Post
Thanks 14+kitties i think you're right, i have to be patient to take care of them. Actually i got one 10 months old cat now give birth 2 kittens (both female) and i also got 7 months old 3 cats (1 female & 2 males) but unluckily i accidentally run over one male cat,() feel so sad. now i got 5 cats including 2 kittens. I plan to bisec female cats after they give birth once.
sheesh!!
Old November 18th, 2008, 06:48 AM
150% PRO S/N

fzadam - why do you want them to give birth once? It is a fallacy that females are better off have a litter first. In fact, the chances of diseases, cancer, etc. raise with every litter they have. Not to mention the millions of cats that are euthanized every year because there are just too many, not enough homes. :sad:

If you have 2 more females they could give birth to 4 - 8 more females. If you allow them all to have litters and they have they same number......... you can see how quickly that can lead to a very huge problem!

Please do the right thing and spay/neuter your cats. You will be doing them a huge huge favour. Also, do the best you can to keep them inside so the "running over" doesn't happen again.

Old November 18th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Your kittens are very cute, fzadam.

I agree with the others, if you can get your females spayed at 5 months before they get pregnant your kitties will be much happier. Female cats do not have the same feelings towards having babies as humans do, they really live for the moment and if they can live a life of leisure, that's what they would prefer to do.

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old November 24th, 2008, 03:39 AM

spaying cats is a god idea,but i still want to have one of my cat to give birth as the same breed of blondie (the brown color). Howmuch it will cost me to spay this cats? any idea?