Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 7th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Hey erykah1310

did you see the news tonight? Some inbred hillbilly shot a young german sheppard with a shot gun in St Charles. Sick pieces of crap left him to die. Over 50 pellets were taken out of his face and neck. Waldon Animal hospital said he was shot 2 times. If you hear anything call the cops. They want to lay charges.

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old March 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh crap, why are people so cruel

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I was messaged about the dog shortly after it had happened and he was spotted by the school bus. I was off at my dog sledding friends house at the time and when I got home and got the message ( half hour after the fact) I took a drive, it happened less than a km from my house. This is the fifth dog in this exact area to be shot, the police know about them all, they have spanned over the past 4 years that I have been here.
I spoke with the OPP and asked if the dog was found when I went out to look for him and she said yes and that the SPCA was on its way, there was plenty of people there taking care of the situation so I did not go over, I couldn't bear to see it.
An OPP officer later came to the house and asked me a bunch of questions and if the dog was mine (different officer than I had spoken to previously) I took her on a tour of the property and the extreme lengths we go to to ensure my dogs never go down the hill to never return (location where all these dogs have been shot) Buddy the dog in the news, is the third to survive, 2 have died on the side of the road.
This is NOT an isolated case here, by far.
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Senior Contributor

here is the full story

http://www.thesudburystar.com/Articl...aspx?e=3495014

There ain't no cure for stupid ...... but we should make sure we laugh and point it out to everyone else
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Senior Contributor

I just saw your post on the stars website....

Old March 8th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I'm so sick over all of this... I haven't really slept since. I know this sort of thing happens every day all over the world, but when it is happening in your back yard literally, it really turns a stomach even that much more.
Dog owners around me have a VERY hard time with a particular person here who allows dogs on their property for a while then decides no more and stops with the treats and insists that they stay away... there have been many threats that dogs will get shot, said person even told an OPP officer once " if that dog comes here again I will shoot it" yet nothing gets done when this stuff happens.
This particular case is a bit different than the others, it was shot a bit further down the quiet vacant road than usual and apparently it was believed the dog was tied and shot but it makes no sense to me, how did it get untied and allowed to run up and down the road ending up kms away from the scene?
I don't feel in my heart that this was the same person that has caused so much grief out here, that or for some reason I don't want to think it could be. I don't know what I feel right now, I expressed my concerns and showed the OPP officer all of my dogs ( as they were up in the living room at the time) and explained to her that I absolute fear my dogs ever escaping, the officer said to me " you shouldn't have to live with that fear" and I said until one person has guns removed from their home I will.
That person and their henchman have driven by here 4 times today, very out of the ordinary. And I saw the one person and was given the most evil skin crawly grin ever. I wanted to punch said person in the face as hard as I could but just kept walking as this time around I don't feel it is them with 100% certainty.
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Most of us here would go to the ends of the earth to make sure our babies are loved, cared for and protected. It just makes me sick. I would kill to have mine healthy and with me, then you see this crap and all I can think about is how I wish someone out there would take that gun and turn it around on who ever is doing this. The world wouldn't suffer any losses. Harsh, maybe. But that's how I feel.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Senior Contributor

maybe they need to have the crap kicked out of them,,,,,,you still got Fay:?

Old March 8th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

yeah I do Shay, but unfortunately she only kicks dogs Why she doesn't live here but is boarded. She's not that aggressive to humans, but does have her moments
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Rgeurts, every year around this time of year some perfectly well cared for dogs make their way out this way and are seen wandering up and down the roads in complete panic and fear. Its called " finding my dog a good country home" for some reason people believe that we keep their dropped off dogs, unfortunately we have plenty of psycho's out here and many many strays end up like this guy... most don't survive.
Not all shootings here are strays though, the previous 5 I know of at this corner were people on the corners beloved dogs.
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Another thing that really bothers me is that everyone around here is so desensitized to gun shots ALL year long because we skeet shoot a LOT in our back field.
I feel that since we are always firing guns off people hear one and just think its us again. But its never one or two shots, when we go out skeet shooting this lasts hours, of continuous shooting.
The OPP officer looked at the pile of shells sitting outside my door in a bucket, I know for a split second she thought it was the right place till I explained the skeet launcher right beside the bucket and offered her to come in and take which ever gun was believed responsible for this dogs injuries to test and check it, they hadn't been fired in 4 days at that point, she had no interest in that, I guess our pail of shells weren't even a close match.
I'm so bothered though, maybe if we didn't shoot so much people would actually be concerned when they hear guns going off.
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Did you see the pics of pre and post surgery Shay?
Old March 8th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Senior Contributor

nope i was horrified enough lastnight

Old March 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Senior Contributor

I heard that Buddy passed away not long ago.

RIP Buddy. Run pain free and with that youthful zest.
Old March 9th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Senior Contributor

I just finished talking to the vets office. Buddy died on the table, they tried to bring him back but he was just too happy to see the bridge.......so he stayed. Buddy will be privately cremated and his ashes will be spread in a memorial garden. RIP Buddy, you were loved by many for a short time. I cried so hard I puked, and I Will be heading to St Charles this weekend to see if we can hunt this piece of crap....

Old March 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Buddy...RIP little one. I hope we do right by you and find this SOB who did this to you.
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Shay just stop in at either the bait shop or grocery store and you will hear more than you would care to right now, names are flying and many have reported what they have heard.
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:48 PM

Omg, that is so sad! I can`t believe someone would do something to such a beautiful innocent pup, what`s worse is it does happen every day around the world. =( Is there a chance it could of been someone beloved pet that had gone missing? Very odd that he would be so well taken care of then suddenly this! I would be so scared to have my dogs around there if its been happening all the time, I hope they catch this sick sob, if only they could give him the same punishment!!!
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

This one was different than the other 4... much different.
Not a lost dog by the looks of things, not a drop off even, if the rumours are true, it was a very deliberate act.
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:14 AM

Very sad, hopefully they catch both of these sob's before anymore innocent pooches get hurt. Buddy
Old March 10th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Willing cat servant

This is so disturbing however it shows two completely opposite sides of human kind.
On one side the sick b@st@rd who shot this beautiful, kind creature (and maybe that has been shooting other dogs)
On the other side the kindness of the person who picked him up and payed for his emergency hospital. The kindness of all the people in the community with their concern for Buddy and their own dogs.
Even when 1 rotten soul is on the lose harming and killing you don't see this concerns in many other countries where animal lovers have almost a muted voice when someone feels/shows compassion and no one else cares let alone the police.
I really hope they find whoever did this and deliver hard legal punishment.

I can't believe he died. Buddy beautiful angel I'm so so sorry. I can't help but shed tears.
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Senior Contributor

Just saw the inbred hillbilly wife on the news. Will not show her face because they were getting death threats. BOO HOO she is bawling saying she loved her dog but he could not be trusted. Tried to give it away on kiggi(spelled that wrong) but said it was aggressive. A girl was also on that said she looked after it last summer for a week and it was not aggressive at all. She had her "friend" walk to dog in the bush to humanely dispatch it with a shot gun. Was the friend using the dog like a skeet shoot? I want this ho's address..

Old March 12th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

And the OPP are not laying any charges but are leaving it up to the SPCA, I have little to no faith in the SPCA so odds are they are going to completely get away with it, especially now that she is playing the victim who was just protecting her children from a crazy dog card.
Old March 12th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Willing cat servant

Yeah I'm sure a dog that allowed to manipulate his injures without anesthesia when receiving first aid was not to be trusted. For what I read Buddy behaved sweet and docile so what a big load of BS.

And now they'll get away with it
Until when humans will value animal life more when!
Old March 13th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Senior Contributor

I wondered from the start if this was someone trying to dispose of their own dog, BUT why not choose a rifle instead? One shot, not that I approve of putting dogs down that way, but the other was sheer torture for it. I'd better take a shotgun with me when I go up to exercise and feed my friend's GSD this evening, it might turn aggressive too . (NOT!) Poor Buddy, I'lll bet you were as nice a dog as Archie is. R.I.P. and let's hope Karma catches up with your owner.
Old March 13th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

Thats the thing, I am super mad that someone shot a dog, but it just adds more fuel for me that an effing moron used birdshot. Had he not suffered at all and died I would still be furious about it but at least it would have been painless.
Now its up to SPCA to lay charges and hopefully remove her remaining dogs ( momma lab mix and puppy(ies), not sure how many she still has at the hosue)
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:58 PM

Man charged in dog's shooting death

A 32-year-old man has been charged in the shooting death of a dog who was found lying on the side of the road with gunshot wounds to his face and neck last week.

Buddy was found March 6 on Montee Brazeau Road in St. Charles, shot twice in the face. He died Friday, after a second surgery to repair his wounds.

The case has generated strong feelings in the Sudbury area, a fact noted by the OPP in announcing charges against the man suspected of shooting Buddy.

“Information was received that there have been threats and malicious comments being said and written on Facebook and other Internet sites,” police said.

“Police would like to remind the public that any threats made are considered a criminal offence and will be dealt with accordingly.”

The charges stem from a joint investigation by the Sudbury SPCA and the Noelville/Warren OPP Detachment.

The SPCA said the charges were laid after the accused was interviewed at the OPP detachment on Saturday.

The man, whose name was not released, was charged with causing an animal to be in distress, permitting an animal to be in distress, failing to provide adequate and appropriate medical attention and failing to humanely kill an animal.
Patches - Diluted Torti 2007-2022
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Willing cat servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy1 View Post
A 32-year-old man has been charged in the shooting death of a dog who was found lying on the side of the road with gunshot wounds to his face and neck last week.

Buddy was found March 6 on Montee Brazeau Road in St. Charles, shot twice in the face. He died Friday, after a second surgery to repair his wounds.

The case has generated strong feelings in the Sudbury area, a fact noted by the OPP in announcing charges against the man suspected of shooting Buddy.

“Information was received that there have been threats and malicious comments being said and written on Facebook and other Internet sites,” police said.

“Police would like to remind the public that any threats made are considered a criminal offence and will be dealt with accordingly.”

The charges stem from a joint investigation by the Sudbury SPCA and the Noelville/Warren OPP Detachment.

The SPCA said the charges were laid after the accused was interviewed at the OPP detachment on Saturday.

The man, whose name was not released, was charged with causing an animal to be in distress, permitting an animal to be in distress, failing to provide adequate and appropriate medical attention and failing to humanely kill an animal.
Despite the tragedy at least these are good news.
There's something that bothers me in the charges: "failing to humanely kill an animal"
Why would anyone have the right to humanely kill an animal I mean what proof did he have that the animal should be killed? So if anyone says so that's all you need to kill your dog?
Regardless this is a step forward. I hope he gets what he deserves if not by the law of humans by the law of karma.
Old March 14th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Blue eyed funny farm

Here I go against the grain again...

I support having the right to make that call for my own animals, I would never do it for any reason other than a dog being in excruciating pain and the drive to a vet to have him or her euthanized would only prolong amount of time suffering. Even though legally we could shoot our dogs when we make the descision to end their life ie, looking back now at how stressed and panicked Meiko was when I took him to be put down last year and having him reacting to my reactions of being at the vets to put him down, I would have much rather him have a nice walk out to the bush where he was always so happy to be and have his pain end.

As a horse owner I have the option as well to have my horse euthanized or shot. I only will accept shot for my horses for many reasons, one being putting the poision of a euthanized animal in the ground and fear of something digging them up and us not having adequate resources to dig such a whole ( for those who understand this, we do not have deadstock service here at all) another being how fast it is for them. I have seen 2 horses euthanized and both reared straight up then fell, it was very disturbing, i would rather them just go down.
There are appropriate guns and bullets to use, and ones used in the case of Buddy were only appropriate for birds.
Had he used the proper gun, Buddy would have not suffered at all.
I am pleased with the charges laid but I do hope his guns are removed and he needing to reapply after a specific amount of time as clearly he has no business firing a gun at anything living.
Old March 14th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately owners can just decide they want their dog dead. Look at all the people who have it in their wills that if they die, their animals must be put to sleep. Why not leave that up to the dog, if it frets itself to death obviously their decision was justified but most animals want to live. And you've those people who ask the vets to put down a perfectly healthy dog - shame on them! I know vets who said okay, then kept the dog themselves. Kudos to them.