Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Thank you - Heros big and small

Old September 7th, 2004, 10:44 PM

This Forum....

I have always loved animals and have often been told that I have a big heart because I am always trying to help animals in one way or another. I even wrote my research paper for my college english class on Animal Rights.....I was innocently searching the web one day and came accross pets.ca....This forum is the best thing that has ever happend to me. I am in awe at the fact that so many of you are just like me....You love and care for your pets in a way that so many have forgotten...I am constantly on rescue sites reading about abandoned animals and thinking, "doesn't anyone believe in commitment to their animals?!?" I read about a malamute rescued by the Alaskan Malamute Help Legue. She was 9 months old and taken to her vet to be euthanized because she was too big, or they got bored....the vet called the Help League and they rescued her. A lady I know that volunteers with me for the Animal Rescue Foundation was fostering a dog, and she had 2 of her own. One is a boston terrier and the other is a mini schnauzer. She and her husband wanted to keep the one they were fostering, and gave up the schnauzer....How can people do that? You can;t just trade them in when something better comes along!! They're animals, not cars!!! I love my dogs more than ANYTHING and I would sell my kidney on the black market to save them...and then I hear about people just dumping them....I am so glad to have found this forum where I can be open, honest, and best of all, UNDERSTOOD. I just wish I could do more....Thank you all for being such great pet owners....I'm so thankful to all of you who care enough to open yourselves up to these creatures that can not speak for themselves.....God bless you all!!!!!
Old September 7th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Crusader

I'm glad to hear that buddy!

Quote:
You love and care for your pets in a way that so many have forgotten
doesn't anyone believe in commitment to their animals?!?"
Well spoken!!
i loved my pet's in the past with all my heart...
i dont know.. a lot of people need a to check in with reality..
I LOVE Trixy thanks too LR Trixy's so Cute dontcha think?
Attached Images

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Senior Contributor

Heeler'sRock....Thank's for the very nice words
Yes,I agree with you,there are a wonderful bunch of people here,who are lucky enough to have realized how very important our animals are in our lives,I could not imagine my house without cat-hair
Still we have had posters leaving here thinking we are a bunch of jerks,because our advice was not to their liking...we put the animals first..
Knight,I KNOW you don't love your kitty,you NEVER show any pics of Trixie,you are obviously NOT a proud daddy
Old September 8th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Senior Contributor

Thanks Heelers Rock it is nice to talk to people who feel the same way about animals. I agree with you on these people who get a pet then decide to get rid of it for the stupidest reasons. Example of an ad I recently read great dog loves kids, well mannered, walks well on leash, has obedience training, must find new home for dog as we are expecting a new baby. I emailed them and asked if the dog is great with kids why are you giving her up? They never answered so I emailed again and asked if they were going to get rid of the first kid if she gets pregnant again. I got a response but I won't post what they said. Why do people think pets are disposable? But it is nice to have a group of people who have the same ideals, yes we can disagree, but bottom line is we all love animals and want what is best for them.
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:53 AM
banned user

What a wonderful thread! Thank you for posting such praise. I agree wholeheartedly!
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:18 PM

Awwww.Ironknight...your kitty is soooo adorable!! Look at that face!

Mastiff, I really wanna know what the response you got said!!!
I love people who speak their mind, no matter what!!!!