Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old May 24th, 2007, 09:20 AM

Demon Nacho left his mark - but it's a funny story

It was many years ago that I lost Nacho. He died in a horrible way after being hit by a car but surviving long enough to have to be put down. Though the sight of him bleeding and broken will always break my heart, his memory is truly one that NO ONE will even forget.

Nacho was a demon from Hell that chose to live among humans for his two short years.

As a kitten, he never learned to sheath his claws when he played. and he playyed ROUGH. I bear scars to honor his memory

One of his favorite games as a kitten was to spot one of us heading to the bathroom the attack our ankles, latch on with his claws and bite downn hard. He never let go until you literally shook him off.

He would wait for hours until the blanket in the bedroom until some unsuspecting person came too close then he would leap out and attack.

Eventually we were forced to let him outside at least on the balcony. He figured out an amazing jaw-droppping trick to get off it by flipping head over heels over the edge and ending up on the post that held the balcony up. THen he would climb down and run around the neighborhood.

He loved me neighbor so much he would often climb into her open window, take a nap on the couch (with two pitbulls in the house!!) and calmly leave whenever he wanted

She had a hole in her screen door. Every night Nacho would bring dead mice to the door and drop them in the hole for her. One day the mouse wasn't quite dead and scared the wits out of her. After a stern talkign to he actually never did it again.

He used to follow me to the park and we'd play together in the grass.

I lived above a convenience store and in the summer Nacho would jump into cars whose windows the open. THe driver would come back, start driving away and discover a cat.

He wasn't afriad of cars. In fact he loved them. He'd climb onto the hood of mine whenever I drove into the driveway. Very scary habit.

After his death I posted a notice on a telephone pole so that the neighborhood would know. I knew that many people knew him but I was soon to find out just how WELL they knew him.

Suddenyl people started coming out the woodwork telling me how Nacho would come to their doors, come right in, have a treat, sit and watch tv with the family for a while then move on to the next house! In fact the whole neighborhood was feeding the little brat!

There are other stories of his escapades, but you get the idea. He was a black demon from hell, thin, lanky, smart, and loved to draw blood in the name of play. I still miss him dearly and always will. I will never in my life see another cat quite like him.

To the roof-surfing, mice population wipe-outer, cat of a thousand claws

Nacho
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:28 AM

I can't believe that no one has replied to this thread yet!

Those are the BEST memories (and the kind that will keep him alive forever).

RIP little dude.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

What an amazing little guy he was, so full of personality!

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old June 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
The Pack's Head Servant
Chopper Challenge Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, Bugz Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Shape Game Champion, Mumu Champion, Mouse Race Champion

He sounds like he believed in living Life to the fullest, that's for sure! What a character! Isn't it amazing how much spice they add to our lives? Nacho

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!"

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old June 24th, 2007, 03:14 AM
-

I also don't know how this post got missed. What a wonderful story about Nacho. He was one very special kitty that will definitely leave pawprints on your heart. :love:
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Awww Nacho,he certainly sounds like a great little guy,attitude galore,even your tribute to him makes you laugh.
I can sooo picture this little character
Unfortunately he died too young,but left a great legacy,with many people loving him.
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:02 PM

OMG
BlackRainbow- I am under the control of your reincarnated Nacho! Everything you said about him lines up with my Klaatu. Klaatu climbs up the screen door like a squirrel until someone has to unhook him. He jumps out at people's ankles and everything, but he hates car rides (every time he's been in one it ended as a terrible trip to the vet's office). PLEASE tell me Nacho wasn't small-very small for a full grown cat-and black with greenish eyes. Everyone knows I call my cat the devil cat Even the vets who fixed him called him that.

Anywho, I am soo sorry that Nacho ended in such a painful way. Just know that he will ALWAYS be with you in your memories.

Please dear Nacho....
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Rest in Peace sweet demon Nacho.
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter