Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old March 13th, 2008, 05:39 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

LOL now that we've established that nick is male, anyone know what sex poor kitty is?
Old March 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM

The kitty is a 2 year old male :sad: How sad that at 2 already he feels the need to be a shut in.
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Woohoo! Aslan, you're awesome. Just make sure there aren't any other weird holes and crevices that kitty can run into in when he's out of the duct (except for one that Nick can access, like gyrfalcon suggested). The cat will probably be frantic to find a new hiding place, and they can fit through some pretty small cracks. Good luck!!!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

What if you used some type of net around the area? to keep him somewhat enclosed. He will be spooked and he will find anywhere to hide. At least this way you can capture him, check him over and put him in a room by himself to relax..Not sure if it will work or not?? Good Luck tomorrow and lets hope this cat has a chance to be happy! Aslan your a an Angel! its wonderful people like you that help me restore my faith in people!!!!!!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
What if you used some type of net around the area? to keep him somewhat enclosed.
A pillow case might work well for that. Good idea!

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler
Old March 13th, 2008, 07:44 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

I have leather gloves that go up to my elbows, so i'm just gonna put my hand up let him smell me and talk quiet to him, i will remove him by hand. If i put him on the floor between my legs and soothe him a few minutes i will put him in his crate somewhere dark for awhile.
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Mom of 3 precious Angels

Hey Aslan just be ready for a fight because they can be sooo frightened. My little 6 pounder is a real fighter and let me tell you I never new how much she could fight until I had to pill her! beleive me it was not really pretty! You may not have time to console the cat..it may be too skittish...I cant wait to hear the ending! Sending good vibes!!

Cindy
Sophie Aug 30, 2011

"UNTIL ONE HAS LOVED AN ANIMAL, PART OF THEIR SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-Unknown
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM

oh my... best news i have heard yet please keep us posted aslan and nikkol.. and how the cat is doing.. if he needs a check up at the vet just to be sure..
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
-

Lol I used to be a pet groomer, you haven't seen a pissed off cat til you have to shave one. Aslong as I don't get it in the face i'll be happy.
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
What to say, what to say

My friend wants to be a pet groomer. Wonder how she'll survive

Good luck! When are you going over to the apartment?
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Senior Contributor

Oh Aslan, you are an

We'll be thinking about you and that everything goes well
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:34 PM
-

Busterkitty where abouts in toronto are you? I know some good groomers who train.
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:45 PM
What to say, what to say

I'm pretty far away from downtown but we've already looked around and she even asked her vetand they recommended one that's near so she's gonna try to convince her parents to actually allow her. She's always saying "They make loads of money! So like, money + thousands of animals = happiness" so I'm like "..." watching her fantasize. She's thinking about it but still haven't decided if she'll try and study. I'm gonna try and get a job at a humane society or something but that's about a half hour drive from my place so I'll have to move someday Don't know about pay but helping animals!
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:57 PM
-

I used to work at an excellent kennel in scarborough, and there is a couple good ones in etobicoke. You could always go to one of the smaller animal shelters, not the big one on river.
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:20 PM
What to say, what to say

Oooh, I didn't know about those >< Better do more homework. I'm nowhere near Etobicoke. We live between Scarborough and Toronto.
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Stubborn cat

Aslan = kitty
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Aslan: you go girl!!!

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:16 AM
-

Lol feeling the pressure now... Hmmm should i start a fan club? Now I just need kitty to co-operate.
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:30 AM
Senior Contributor

Aslan,we are with you in spirit all the waythe kitty might even shoot out of the hole the minute you start sawing,I know my cats would.
Ask the owner to stay out of view,so the cat has a clear path out.
Hopefully you won't have to forcebly pull him out.
Oh and be very careful,a crazed cat can do an awful lot of damage,as I am sure you know.
Sending youand the kitty
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Don't forget your camera, Aslan!

Chico is right, the kitty needs to have a clear path to run out of, if nnikol is at the entrance hole, kitty may panic too much.

Good luck!

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Kitty pimp

alright ill ring in get a big cage what they call kitty condos aroubd here

cover it put soame food water annd a and a liiterbox in it and put her/him inn it cover it up and shut the door let her stay in there for a while and she will get used to that eventually get bored and want to come out that way she has a safe place to go and will venture out after she feels safe if you cover the condo with a few blankets she will feel safe .
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hall View Post
cover it put soame food water annd a and a liiterbox in it and put her/him inn it cover it up and shut the door let her stay in there for a while and she will get used to that eventually get bored and want to come out that way she has a safe place to go and will venture out after she feels safe if you cover the condo with a few blankets she will feel safe .

If you can get access to a kitty condo, they are very expensive here in canada. The blanket covering is what they do at the HS where I volunteer at for the very stressed kitties, it does work.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old March 14th, 2008, 09:55 AM
~Cat Servent~

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM
~Cat Servent~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
If you can get access to a kitty condo, they are very expensive here in canada. The blanket covering is what they do at the HS where I volunteer at for the very stressed kitties, it does work.
They are very expensive here, I needed one for Fagan for his home recovery and some wanted $300+! I eventually ended up buying a used one for $125 from a local pet store that is no longer selling cats! And the blanket over a carrier does wonders for calming them down, I always used this when transporting and capturing the ferals for s/n & r. Do be careful though, one of the ferals I tried keeping in the bathroom, got spooked and jumped clear over my head! When their adrenaline gets up, they are capable of anything.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Kitty pimp

Do be careful though, one of the ferals I tried keeping in the bathroom, got spooked and jumped clear over my head! When their adrenaline gets up, they are capable of anything

lol oh yeah they are but it sounds good asian knows this and sounds like he will be carefull
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:44 AM
-

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jim but i'm a she not a he. You guys are starting to stress me, got visions of psycho kitty now. LOL
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Kitty pimp

lol i do apologise but asain you know cats you know how they can be
if they a truly paniced they van be very dangerous
but hey y'all out wiegh them by a lot even if your skinny
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
-

Rotfl, wwf kitty wrestling. My only concern is he'll be above my head. I suggested a welding helmet, but that would freak the poor cat.
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan View Post
Rotfl, wwf kitty wrestling. My only concern is he'll be above my head. I suggested a welding helmet, but that would freak the poor cat.
, yup probably would!

Slow hand movements if need be, but I am thinking like Chico, kitty is going to make a run for the entrance hole if you are cutting at the end where the kitty is currently residing.
Wonder if nnikol can be waiting, not visible to the cat though, to close up the entrance hole as soon as kitty runs out.

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

Old March 14th, 2008, 11:20 AM
-

Unfortunately if you look at the pic of the cat, he's in as far as he can get, so i will be cutting the hole in between him and the entrance. Dont have any choice, so not only is he stressed but he'll be trapped in the corner. oh yay.
I'm seeing more stitches in more future.