Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > In the News - Pet related articles and stories in the press > Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World > Pure Inspiration - Happy tails

Old May 1st, 2009, 12:15 PM

Talking Two wonderful stories-one person

I work in a continuing care facility-and there is a woman I've met who comes to visit her family member who lives with us.

Her first incredible story is that her cat was impaled. Her neighbour is a cat hater and has nasty traps (not the legal humane kind) set all over her yard.

One day her cat came home with a metal rod through his lower abdomen, close to death. It was very touch and go, with many infections and surgeries and huge costly vet bills. He finally pulled through and made a full recovery!!!! She brought him in one day and I met-beautiful orange tabby who climbs up to give you a hug and purrs and rubs on your face. She said he was friendly before the accident but became so much so after all he'd been through!

So yesterday I was asking about him (he's great of course) and she said she'd be bringing her dog in today. I told her I didn't know she had a dog...she didn't... really.
Her dog went missing from their yard FOUR YEARS AGO and they never found him. And they got a call last week, he'd been found stray and they'd run the microchip and brought him home!!!! Someone had kept him those four years and overfed him (he's thirty pounds overweight) and not looked after him-he has a cataract that's injury induced. He didn't recognize them at the vet clinic but when they got him home he realized who they were and was ecstatic!!

How Incredible is that to happen to one pet owner? I can't wait to meet the dog-he should be here in a few hours!
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:09 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Oh wow! That poor cat, what a miserable neighbour he has.

I am glad his dog found his way back home

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:13 PM
Senior Contributor

what wonderful stories!!! I hope she learned her lesson and the love kitty is now an indoor kitty
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM
Senior Contributor

Yes, both great stories - especially glad they finally found their dog and now he will be taken care of properly.

Diane
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:18 PM
Senior Contributor

These stories are that of hope, love and commitment.

Thanks for sharing.
Old May 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

It is amazing what some people go through for the love of a pet. Poor kitty. I am so glad to hear he had a good outcome. And poor doggie as well to have gone through all of that! Gives people hope not to give up on their lost pets.
Old May 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM

animaladvocate...thanks for posting these stories. I especially like the one about the dog being missing for 4 years and finally reunited with it's owner. It gives me hope that someday we might be reunited with Billie and find Sable, Spencer, Penny and all the other lost family members out there.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM

Holy snaps! Those are such amazing stories! What terrible a neighbour though. And 4 years! Wow, that is phenomenal. It's like home coming, family reunion.