Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge

Old August 11th, 2005, 11:00 AM

Goodbye Freebydog

Just found this forum, and somehow it feels right to tell you about my darling Freeway, who died this morning 11/08/05.

I didn't know last night when I kissed you goodnight that it would be the last one, or when we climbed the stairs you wouldn't be doing it again.

Freeway was 14 years old and a cross German Shepherd/Whippet, he was my darling boy and without him I wouldn't have been able to go on on many occasions.

3 months ago he stopped eating and lost alot of weight, we had several teeth removed hoping it would help, it seemed to be working, when he went back to teh vets on Monday they said his kidneys and liver were inflamed and that to take him home and let nature decide - he wasn't in any pain.

Last night we went for his walk as usual, but something wasn't right, he lay at my feet as usual but both my husband and I kept checking that he was breathing.

At 4 am this morning Millie one of our cats started to constantly tap on the wardrobe door, we just shouted at her, it wasn't until we got up 2 hours later, we saw that Freeway had died outside of our bedroom door.

The huskies downstairs in the kitchen had caused havoc, pulling cupboard doors off and emptying the fridge.

Freeway I love you so much, an empty hole has now appeared in my heart, you were my baby, my guardian angel.

Please wait for me at Rainbow Bridge and one day I will come for you - I promise, play with Shasta and Freddie and one day I will be able to throw my arms around all of you.

Tell then my baby.

I love you so much
x

Mummy

x
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:05 PM

Oh, my gosh! I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never an easy thing to lose a beloved family member. You and your family have my deepest sympathies.
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Teddy's Canine Railroad

So very sorry to hear you lost a beloved family pet. That was a beautiful post for him.
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:52 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

I'm so sorry for your loss! I could feel your pain in reading this and shed a few tears for you. Again, I'm sorry. :sad: