Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Pet photography > Pet photography - Pet pictures

Old March 29th, 2011, 12:15 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
14+,I'll be over there as soon as it gets a little warmer,I cannot wait to see them all,especially beautiful Cheshire and little Heidi,hubs threatened to come along,to make sure I don't bring a cat home.
Do you know if Cheshire was born feral???
LOL Hubby is welcome to come along but tell him not to be such a grinch! I'll have to come your way soon for a visit too. Give him a hard time or something.
I'm not sure if Cheshire was born feral or not. R told me the first time he saw him he was already full grown. He wouldn't allow humans near so he either was born feral or had been thrown away by a human who may not have treated him well in the first place. They all come with a story, don't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennieV View Post
14+... you are true to being - a kitty angel. I am proud to have my beautiful girl named after such an amazing person!
I am honoured that you chose me to name her after. She is precious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty11 View Post
Your an ANGEL for helping those kitties.
Thanks Marty. Just trying to do a small part.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:56 PM

lucky kitties!

14+... you are an inspiration!

Old April 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilli View Post
14+... you are an inspiration!

Thanks kwilli!!!

Just wanted to add a small update here.
Bonnie and Cheshire are settling well. They still spend a lot of time in their little house but I know they are out at night. I see the little paw prints on the tarp covering their house the next day. Bonnie allows me to pet her for a bit when I feed them. She does a little hiss then settles in. Seems to like having her ears scratched. Chesh watches my hand pretty closely. He does not like being touched. My fingers occasionally accidently brush his back and he gives a little jump. I'm hopeful with time he gets better too.
They eat well and use their litter box.

The other fella - I will be making some calls tomorrow to see where I can take him to get fixed. He is definitely still intact. Because of all of his different colours - white/yellow/tabby/orange - I have decided to name him Mixer. I'm hoping soon the other kitties will accept him. I think after he's fixed they may.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Old April 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Rescue is my fav. breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Chesh watches my hand pretty closely. He does not like being touched. My fingers occasionally accidently brush his back and he gives a little jump. I'm hopeful with time he gets better too.
They eat well and use their litter box.
Well, he couldn't be in better hands to become used to human pats

Rose semi feral, a cpietra rescue, female tabby (approx 13 yrs)

Jasper RIP (2001-2018)
Sweet Pea RIP (2004?-2014)
Puddles RIP (1996-2014)
Snowball RIP (1991-2005)

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.-English Proverb

“While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions.” Stephen R. Covey
Old April 10th, 2011, 02:11 PM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Well, he couldn't be in better hands to become used to human pats
Thanks mf.
Gotta boogie to work now. Sucks!!!

Old April 10th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Senior Contributor

14+,I'll ask my vet and see if he could help out with Mixer,it would be closer than Scarborough,he's just off Bronte Road.
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM
150% PRO S/N

Aww chico, thank you! I have a few places I am going to call. I'm hoping one will take pity on him. I just can't do $100 a cat any more and still try to fix all the strays that come through here. Not and feed the ones I have. Lincoln is still working on their low cost s/n clinic. I hope it's going to be a go. Waiting lists will be horrendous!!

Old April 11th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Jag and Gingers dad

I'm glad things are going well with the new kitties.I think Mixer suits the new guy.good luck with getting him spayed.
Old April 11th, 2011, 11:13 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Aww chico, thank you! I have a few places I am going to call. I'm hoping one will take pity on him. I just can't do $100 a cat any more and still try to fix all the strays that come through here. Not and feed the ones I have. Lincoln is still working on their low cost s/n clinic. I hope it's going to be a go. Waiting lists will be horrendous!!
From what I've heard 14k....Lincoln is already on the go. What I gather from Ethel is that the clinics give precedence to rescues.
Old April 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM
150% PRO S/N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21711 View Post
From what I've heard 14k....Lincoln is already on the go. What I gather from Ethel is that the clinics give precedence to rescues.
Oh really? I'll call them today then!! Last week when I went past it looked like they were still working on their building. Didn't know it was up already! That would be the best solution. Thanks Chris!!! And thank Ethel too.

Old April 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Senior Contributor

14+, what a bunch of new cuties you have. I hope there is space made at that marina. And the last photo, what a gorgeous kitty. No doubt he's been hearing the other kitties talk about how great it is living there, so he figured he'd break in!

You truly are an amazing person.
There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/
Old April 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Senior Contributor

Ur amazing. Just wow.

"No, Bunduk, Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!"
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
150% PRO S/N

Thanks AG and onster!! What's one more..........

Old April 11th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Pumpkin' Dumplin' Gang

Words getting out on the "other side" of the fence that you are an amazing woman, and now they are coming TO you on their own.
3+ cats......Surround sound