Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants > Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes

Closed Thread

Old February 14th, 2005, 12:57 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

You sound like a very inexperienced dog owner. Do you think it wise to let your dog have pups?? You don't have a clue!
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Senior Contributor

The Philippines is different then here in North America. They do not view animals as we do here in North America.

Overpopulation of dogs is a very big problem that we shouldn't try and contribute to. Where will the puppies go? Do you have homes for them? There is alot of education throughout this board about BACKYARD BREEDING and PUPPY MILLS. Please try and view some of this information before you make a firm decision to breed your dog.
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:10 PM
banned user

don't be rude, I'm not like what you think...on that pic, that was a month ago when we went to forest, I just have her for a week that time, she's big now and I love her more than I love my gf...just for your information...she's a show and not a fighting line anyways...I don't know what you are talking about, I don't even want her to get hurt and now you are saying that...I might be inexperienced about dog but I don't think it matter at all...as long as know how to love your dog...she have a three stories dog-house and I could take a picture of it tomorrow if you wanna see... I had a dog back then but he died when he was 9 yrs of aged. I don't know nothing about bitches that's why I came here to ask...thanks for your nice answer but I don't appreiciate it, you are accusing me...
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:11 PM
banned user

hi sammiec =) I can also take a picture of my California ID, I was born there and I came here for vacation...
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:14 PM
And Zoodle's Mom!

My dog is my LIFE and I love him more than anything and I got him neutered. Yes i would love to have bred him to have one of his pups but then what would be of the rest of the litter?? You can't be sure of what would happen to them because the people won't keep in contact. There are so many unwanted animals these days........why contribute??
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Senior Contributor

You have got to be kiddin,you want to breed your pit bull,are there not enough unwanted dogs in this world already,you do seem really young and unknowlegable for having gotten a pit bull,no offense
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:19 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by windox
I don't want her to get spayed I want more puppies...I'm just wondering if do they get menstration and how often, just once or everytime they are heating thanks for the reply
Uh Oooh ! Getting the
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Senior Contributor

Yeah this is gonna get real gooooddd
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Senior Contributor

Please understand that there are many people that come here wanting to breed their dogs. It's a very opinionated and heavy topic here. I for one am against people breeding their animals. Leave that to the professionals; but with that said, what are your reasons for wanting to breed your dog? She is absolutely gorgeous by the way.

There are many complications that can arise during labour for your dog. Not to mention that there are life threatening illnesses that can affect your dog even just leaving them intact and not breeding. A lady near me has a wonderful dog that she kept intact because she thought about breeding her someday. Well, over the Christmas holidays, the dog became very sick and had to undergo an emergency spay. This dog nearly died. The lady loves this dog and was heart broken that she nearly lost her... this could happen if your dog is not spayed and cared for properly.

You say you love your dog. This is the best thing that you can do to protect your dog from becoming sick and near death.

Please think about it.
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
hi sammiec =) I can also take a picture of my California ID, I was born there and I came here for vacation...
Well congratulations. Then you understand that people in the Phillippines view their animals differently then North Americans, right? Based on the information that you have posted, I would have no way of knowing that you're from North America.. you don't like assuptions, so please don't assume that we know your whole story...
And you should then understand that breeding a pit bull is very uneducated decision. Like I posted before, please reconsider, and spend some time reading over the information provided on this site.
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Senior Contributor

I don't normally agree to breeding a dog unless you are breeding for betterment of the breed and this is only done by reputable breeders. First for a few tips you should not breed a female before they are fully mature about 2 years old. Next by the time your dog is mature enough you will not be able to place these puppies if the Breed Ban is enacted because these dogs will be illegal to own. So in fact these dogs will be pts. Being a BYB is nothing to be proud of and you do know that these dogs are being dumped on a daily basis at the humane society or left tied to poles because of the impending ban. So being the owner of a pit bull if and when this comes into effect you will mandatorially have to spay or neuter your pit bull or face the fact that it will face a much worse fate if you don't. They will put the dog to sleep. So don't be irresponsible owners they are the reason we are dealing with this BSL in the first place. PS if you do breed them you will pretty much send them to abusive punks who think it is cool to have a dog attack someone and then the dog gets pts. So think long and hard about contributing to breeding a dog that there are literally thousands of sitting in cages in shelters and if this bsl goes through will be pts.
Now owned by Clark the Crazy American Bulldog
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:38 PM
banned user

Ok, but seriosly...what I am thinking right now is you guys are saying all people here in Philippines are poor and don't have right to have more than 1 dog cause they don't love dogs, they are haters unlike people from NORTH AMERICA!..."are there not enough unwanted dogs in this world already" I just bought my pitbull for 100 bucks and if I could only find another one (its really rare to find one with paper here) I would buy 6 more...don't accuse someone if you don't know nothing...you don't how many are we in this house, if you can't say something good then don't say nothing at all...keep it for yourself than acting like you know everything
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Mastiff - he's in the Philippines... the ban won't affect him...
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Ok, but seriosly...what I am thinking right now is you guys are saying all people here in Philippines are poor and don't have right to have more than 1 dog cause they don't love dogs, they are haters unlike people from NORTH AMERICA!..."
That was not the point of my post at all. In many areas of the Philippines dogs are sold in markets and traded illegally. These dogs live in horendous conditions and are not treated like family pets. Again, you're assuming that we think we know everything. I realize that people do have pets and they do love animals. But like I said there is a difference between the Philippines and North America, because we don't not sellour dogs in markets. That is what I meant.
If you go to markets then you would have seen the tourture of these poor animals, bound and muzzled, locked in tiny cages.... that's not a normal everyday thing here - that was my point.

You're obviously here looking for an argument....
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:51 PM
banned user

I know you guys love dog as I am and thanks for the reply...it just get my nerve when I was told "I only breed my dog for money" to be short and "People from Philippines don't love dogs like from North America" that's all bull****...go have some research, I could even post a picture here a dog that was being tortured that happened in North America and before you say something that you don't know *ask* and I am not here to argue I'm here to ask about my dog cause I care about her...
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Senior Contributor

Excuse me but Moon is from the far east and she used to comment on the lack of proper veterinary care and how horrific animals were treated. In fact she made a comment about her own family. Sammie fighting dogs in the phillipines is rampant and these dogs will end up probably fighting and if you don't care then you don't deserve to own a dog.
Old February 14th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Senior Contributor

I have a feeling you are going to breed her no matter what anyone says to you so at least be responsible about it wait till she is 2 years old and make sure you find a pit with a good temperment. Hopefully you will grow up and realize that you will be contributing to the millions of homeless dogs. And hopefully your dog not die giving birth.
Old February 14th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Senior Contributor

I am a little educated about what happens in the Philippines regarding the tourture and neglect of these animals. I remember that Moon used to talk about that too...

There is dog fighting, abuse and neglect in North America as well. You must think I am a complete idiot! BUT there is a difference because there are organization and groups that protect animals here more then there... we don't have our animals caged up in a market for sale! There is a difference of culture. There is a difference in attitude towards animals. Deny it all you like. This is just one of MANY sites that show the difference is treatment of animals. ***GRAPHIC*** BUT there are many things that we consider just as gruesome and horrific that happen here!

Plain and simple. If you love this dog you WILL do what you can to protect her and keep her healthy and safe. Spaying your dog WILL protect her from disease an illness.

You probably will breed your poor dog. But I for one will not contribute to it by helping you find out information regarding "menstration". P.S. ---> if you're going to become a breeder I would work on getting your terminology right....
Old February 14th, 2005, 07:37 PM

Just proves some dogs are much smarter than their owners!

We are ALL aware that there is entirely too many unwanted pups and cats in North America. They are all over the entire world. Nobody was saying it ONLY happens there, the point was why should YOU add to the problem. If you could you would buy 6 more? Good God! You don't even know how to properly care for ONE and you want MORE?! Do you understand just how uneducated you seem each and every time you post another thread? You have the nerve to tell someone to go *get* (the proper would there would be *do*) some research... Yet you "bought" this poor animal for 100 bucks and you know NOTHING about the breed?!?! Here's a thought... YOU do some research on proper animal care and what it takes to be a RESPONSIBLE pet owner... or is that just too much for you to comprehend?! Who the hell cares "how many people are in that house"? It only takes ONE irresponsible person, you, obviously to not care for her the way you should, breed her when you know NOTHING about it, and yes, you would sell the pups for money, would you not? Who knows what will happen to them once they are sold... You surely do not... Don't assume anything? We don't have to assume, we all went STRICKLY off your own post.... Perhaps you should have put some thought into what people would say BEFORE you started this thread... But then again, why would you, you put ZERO thought in this dogs care and welfare... How many times has she been to a vet? Obvioulsy not many, I mean, wait don't let me assume, but I would think if she has been you would have the brains to ask the vet all these questions you have wanted someone here to answer... Am I wrong in assuming that? I think not.
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Hey Windox, You should not get so abusive, young children are members here and read these posts.
We are only concerned about the welfare of your dog, people here love animals so they are speaking out of love!!
Please do some more research about dogs and whats best for THEM, please do the right thing, and whats best for your DOG and not whats best for you.
And please stop using foul language on this site.

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Senior Contributor

WoW,how did I miss this post...scary!!
Another thing to add about Asia,Pit-Bulls would probably be great for the dinner-menu,sold at the market...not too much fat
Windox,you certainly showed your true colours in your last post,I am hoping your beautiful Pittie will not have puppies.Concentrate on her,love her and give her a good life,just like your other dog....you cannot guarantee the puppies will not end up on the dinner-table or a fighting-ring,so do the right thing,please.
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:11 AM
banned user

Boy did you pick the wrong site...
If you're not going to listen about not breeding your dog, the least you could do is take the advice of the members here so your dog has less risks of complications!
You shouldn't be breeding her in her first heat! She's still a puppy herself!
Old February 15th, 2005, 09:37 AM
<-----nut ball

Hey Windox,

I just read through the whole thread and no one said anything bad about you being in the phillipines. Being that I am going to marry a philipino man, and being what he and his family has told me, stray dogs are a huge problem in the philipines. I don't know where you live there, so maybe you are in a rural part and dogs are harder to find there. That's fine.

But what people here are trying to say is that they don't agree with breeding a dog when there are other dogs in need out there.

In north america, pitulls are not "papered" as they are not recognized as a "breed" (at least that's what I understand). Many people here beleive that you should only breed a dog that is a champion so that you can get puppies that could be champions. Also, in Ontario Canada right now, they are in the process of making pitbulls illegal.

All we are saying is that you may want to reconsider breeding your dog, and consider helping out some of the stray dogs that roam the streets in your area.

Also Sammie, just so you know, the Philipines actually has tons of animal advocacy agencies and many anti-animal cruelty laws. I hear that their laws are very similar to those in Austrailia, and are better than a lot of other countries in the world (best in all of asia I hear). The bigger issue is enforcing them. A good friend of mine (who I worked at the Royal Ontario Museum with) is the neice of the phillipine president, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. We have discussed a lot about philipine heritage and culture before. For the most part, it's a great place, it's become very westernized (not that I agree with that, but what can you do?) and they have great laws and a great political system (heck, they have a woman president!!). There are some issues with legal enforment though, because of militants that have drug operations in the mountains, and bribery of the military and police.

Here is a website I found with lists a bunch of animal avocacy agencies in the philipines:

http://worldanimalnet.org/new.asp?co...=as&prov=&cat=
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Senior Contributor

I would lay money on it this is the same immature person that has been here before under different names saying things to piss people off,well windox i see u have yet to get a life,how sad for you,nothing better to do than to come here and purposley say things to get people mad,it is called MEDICATION GET SOME,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Senior Contributor

Let's try and be the better people here ladies and gentlemen. This person is obviously here for a confrontation; let's not give it to them. This thread is just here to make people uspet. Don't let it.
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:05 AM
And Zoodle's Mom!

Good Points everyone!! Sorry I had to bail yesterday when things here were getting heated! I had to take George to the vet! I was almost late for our appointment because I couldn't let this go without asking for help from a couple of members . I knew exactly where windox was heading .
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Senior Contributor

Believe me I do not need to defend Wilson but that was just down right ignorant and racist exactly what you blamed someone else for doing and but you were really nasty about it. You do realize by breeding your female (which I disagree with in a big way) at 8 months of age there are 2 very common things that can happen she will not make it through the pregnacy or die giving birth and the second thing which you better have a lot of time and money for is if she decides to ignore the pups and not feed them or kill them. You are going to breed a dog that is the equivalent of a 5 year old would you want a kid to be giving birth at that age. The dog is not fully matured and she will pay the ultimate price for your impatience and basically being irresponsible. No breeder breeds a bitch before 2 for many reasons but it will also given you more incite it to temperment and and health issues that may arise. At least if you are going to be stupid and breed at least try and do it safely because at 8 months you are saying that I really don't care about my dog.

Last edited by Lucky Rescue; February 15th, 2005 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Removing racist obscenities
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Senior Contributor

I think we can agree that no matter where in the world you go, there are ignorant, negligent, irresponsible, uncaring and cruel people who will exploit and abuse animals.

I've heard enough from Windox to feel very sorry for his/her poor dog. :sad:

Thread closed.
Closed Thread