Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > General Forum for cats and dogs

Old October 31st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Senior Contributor

I think the best thing you can do for your dog is have her checked by a vet. If she is pregnant I'm sure the vet will advise you it would be in her best interest to have the puppies aborted. Such a small dog at such a young age has too many risks against her.

And as for you being so adamant and not want her spayed. Why? When I got my two cats, I knew I wanted them fixed, because I knew I could not afford to have several kittens running around every few months. What really made me almost run to the vet and have them fixed was when I read about the health benefits wen you DO have them spayed and neutered. You are cutting their risk of getting mammary, ovarian and testicular cancer by 100%. If that isn't enough to make you want to do it, then I don't know what will convince you.

I've said it before, I would loved to have seen the kittens my Vlad and Oksana could have had, but Oksana is a small kitty. She's very petite, and I could never have put her through a pregnancy. She's just too small, and I'd never in my life forgive myself if anything happened to her while giving birth.

Thank about it. Can you have your pet's life on your conscience if something went wrong?
Old October 31st, 2007, 08:25 PM
Owned by goldens

My 7 month old yorkie

As a dog rescuer I have had many opportunities to vist our local SPCA. I cannot tell you how heartbreaking it is to look in the faces of all the animals and know what their fate may be. The other night when I was there picking up a lucky puppy 3 cats and 1 dog were surrendered within a 10 minute period. Only a fraction of animals surrendered will be put up for adoption. The others will be euthanized.

I am curious why you feel the need to breed your dog? You should know that with every puppy you bring into this world you are taking away a home from one that is already here. Please re-think your decision.
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM

Please let me know what the vet said. How is she doing? Did she have the puppies? Were they ok? I am in the same situation. I made a apt to have her checked next week but was wondering what happen with your girl.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns1 View Post
Please let me know what the vet said. How is she doing? Did she have the puppies? Were they ok? I am in the same situation. I made a apt to have her checked next week but was wondering what happen with your girl.
This is an old thread, it was posted in 2007 .