Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Helping cats and dogs - Adoption - Rescue - Fostering - Lost & found > Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE)

Old December 9th, 2006, 06:13 PM

GG you are amazing, you are really going to help.

I'll be thinking about all of you all day, waiting for at least some progress, a sighting. At least the weather should cooperate.
Old December 9th, 2006, 07:58 PM
-

GG, thank you for offering your help. I sure hope someone at least sees Jace so the people don't give up.
Old December 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Senior Contributor

"Our"GG is a doggie- for sure,I wish Jace knew that and would come running,from wherever he is
Old December 10th, 2006, 09:16 AM

Thank you GG!
Old December 10th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Senior Contributor

The people who got the trap for Maddie said that the area is NCC land and NCC do their own animal control so any traps should be rented from the city of Ottawa, the general number for the City of Ottawa and they can direct you to Bylaw Services and information on obtaining a trap. 613-580-2424

Last edited by Toonces; December 10th, 2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM

Thank you Toonces. Yoko did contact NCC for a trap and she posted few days ago that:

Quote:
The National Capital Commission also advised me that they would not allow placing a humane trap on NCC land as there are far too many other animals that could be caught in this trap such as coyotes or skunks. The officer assured me that she would try to convince her supervisor to allow it, but she does not have much high hopes for this.
Lucky Maddie was in the smaller park, Jace is, they think, in the wild, boggy area with just few trails. :sad:

I wonder how the search went today with GG.
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Senior Contributor

They suggested renting from Ottawa Animal Control not NCC, I think they are separate.
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM

Thank you Toonces, I don't know about AC and NCC and their connection, I'm in Toronto, but I'll suggest this to Yoko. I'm not sure whom she talked to exactly.
There is an update, that no one they talked to today saw Jace. Roast beef they left was gone but dog cookies were still there, so they think that it was a racoon or a coyote that ate it.
Old December 11th, 2006, 02:33 PM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

I'm really sorry but we couldn't help with yesterday's search
We were suppose to transport a couple of GSD's to Ottawa but unexpectedly it got delayed. We spend most of the day trying to find a way, it just didn't happen but were scheduled to go if not sometime this week then latest the weekend so we will try and look for him.

I spoke with Donald earlier - Jace's foster dad who's so discouraged no doubt. They've taken so much time off work looking for him not to mention Yoko and Dave and so many others. He hasn't been seen for 3 weeks, it's so sad.

I've met Jace and it tears me knowing how timid and frightened he was to begin with. They've put flyers everywhere, let's pray someone found him and took him in. You never know look at Maddie and she was missing for a lot longer and it was seeing a flyer that she found her way back home.

It's heartwarming to know there's so many wonderful people helping and praying for his safety. Grimm thanks so much for cross-posting and taking the time to map quest the area for me where he was spotted.

Let's just hope someone somewhere has taken him in and will see the flyer
Old December 11th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Senior Contributor

GG,we all know you would bend over backwards for any lost or needy dog,but it did not work out the way you'd hoped:sad:
My best X-Mas present would be that Jace is safe and sound with his foster Donald It's just so very sad:sad:
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:17 PM
-

GG, as Chico said, we all know you would have been there if you could. Hopefully, someone has befriended Jace and taken him in and with a little luck he will be returned to Yoko and Dave.
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:49 PM

We feel your pain

We are in the exact same situation as you and we know how it feels. Your dog and our dog were lost on the same day in a park...we have also recieved few calls and our attepts to find him have failed. All I can say is that anything can happen and to keep your hopes high and don't give up, because like you said, somebody must know something. We'll keep our fingers crossed for Jace's safe return.

Sincerly,
Joe and Nat
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:20 PM

This is my first time on this forum and I just wanted to thank everyone for their kindness and support. We FINALLY have some good news. We have had two recent sightings! Two people called Donald and Marthe yesterday (Jace's foster parents) saying that they had seen a German Shepherd with a gold tag in their neighbourhood! The neighborhood is not too far from the Mer Bleue area and from their descriptions, it sounds like the dog is indeed Jace! We will be trying to capture him this weekend but are just a little concerned since he is so close to the highway. Apparently he is walking along the side of the highway but appears traffic savvy according to the callers. We must capture him in a way that would not startle him and risk him running in to traffic. Please pray for Jace. Thank you everyone. I hope to update again with great news- that Jace was returned home safely! That would be wonderful.

To Joe and Nat, I pray from the bottom of my heart that Homer will return safely. I'm sure that you have already done this but please distribute as many flyesr as possible. With Jace, the reason that we got these two recent sightings is because we distributed flyers as far out as 50km east of where he was lost. Also, if you haven't already, www.lostdpgsearch.com has a wealth of information and tips on what to do- please check it out. The lady who runs it is very kind and will respond to any questions you may have. One last thing, have you thought of placing a humane food trap in the park that he was lost? My thoughts are with you- I hope that both Jace and Homer come home soon. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for Jace- hope to write tomorrow with good news.

Y
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Senior Contributor

I will for his return...
Old December 15th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Senior Contributor

Thank you ycarter,it would be wonderful to hear(read)Jace is safe again,like an early Christmas-present
Old December 15th, 2006, 09:56 PM

Stay safe Jace & come home baby!
Old December 15th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Senior Contributor

come home little man fingers crossed brenda and the 5 pins
Old December 16th, 2006, 12:43 AM
-

Thanks for the post ycarter. I pray that Jace will remain safe until he is caught.
Old December 16th, 2006, 09:02 AM
An Honest Contributor
Fishing the Sea Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, KickUps Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, Eskiv Champion, Aski Champion, Ping Champion

Welcome Yoko and thanks so much for this hopeful news. I'll be thinking about you guys all day. Please call with good news
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:11 PM

Old December 18th, 2006, 07:13 AM
An Honest Contributor

:sad: Jace hasn't been found yet :sad: Donald/Martha, Yoko/Dave spent all day Saturday and Sunday and Yoko was kind enough to continue with us on Sunday right till 6 last night then it got too dark. We even brought a friend of Jace's - a GSD to help with the search

It's a huge area and more flyers were distributed. Everyone that we stopped or knocked on their door knew of Jace so that's another good sign. One guy that works at a pizzeria nearby tried to grab him Friday morning but once again he bolted. As Yoko posted above he was also seen Friday evening, which was the last time. The one good thing is we at least know he's alive and it seems he may of found a hiding place and perhaps access to garbage as it's a somewhat residential area. We need help ...

He's no longer in the Anderson area but about 20 minutes away. I don't know where we were(I'm from Montreal) but I'll ask ycarter (yoko) to add to this post.

Can anyone from the Ottawa area help
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Senior Contributor

GG,thank's for your effort,wish I could help
It's a relief that he was at least seen and is not wounded,hopefully it's just a question of time before someone is able to catch himjust like with Maddie
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Honest Contributor

this may sound like an extreme measure but... is there any way a breeder or someone could "lend" a bitch in heat to assist the rescue? no male (intact or neutered) can resist the scent and may be more willing to approach some humans holding a "flowery female"... of course walking into a trap of some sort so he can't get near her or anything. just a thought

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:16 PM
An Honest Contributor

Thanks TD, Chico for trying to give hope to a horrible situation but your right anything's possible. At this point I think drastic measures are needed otherwise I doubt he'll live much longer. He's apparently (no doubt)very very thin :sad: Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Honest Contributor

just grateful the weather's been so unusally mild... might save poor jace from freezing. i pray for his safe return... i cannot imagine losing one of my babies :sad:

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.

:love: ~Akitas Are Love~ :love:
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Senior Contributor

OMG,poor Jace,it just breaks your heart,I wish I could come up with a brilliant idea:sad:
I don't know what dogs do,but if he is starving,would he not run out of energy and just hide somewhere,but that would make it even more difficult to find him:sad:
Old December 18th, 2006, 12:52 PM
-

I knew I shouldn't looked at this thread :sad: so near christmas, I hope and pray for his safe return.
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Senior Contributor

Do you know of any search and rescue dogs around the area r a hound dog...or any dog that has great smell....poor baby, he needs food I hope he's found...come home for Christmas
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Contributor

...what if someone goes out with a BBQ and cooks a steak?? He may be attraked to the smell; I think I saw that in an old post when someone was trying to find their dog....
Old December 18th, 2006, 06:18 PM
-

Somehow....somewhere, I hope that Jace is getting some food.

Please allow yourself to be caught, Jace.