Go Back   Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca > Discussion Groups - mainly cats and dogs > Dog food forum

Old September 25th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

The boys got raw beef for dinner tonight

They get some raw once in a while when I cut up a whole tenderloin or a whole strip loin when I buy them from costco. Once I've cut up the steaks I usually give the guys the pieces that are too small to do anything useful with and they love them. Today I got a huge pack of stew beef at costco and gave them each a bowl of the chunks for their dinner tonight. They wiped it out in no time. Both are now sleeping their dinner off. I may have to try them with some raw chicken one of these days too.

clm
Old September 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

Clm if you have an oriental grocery store around, they sell prepackaged giblets, and all kinda neat stuff that the puppers like. We get outs HUGE beef bones at a dollar a bag, they still have a good amount of meat on them.
Old September 25th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Senior Contributor
Typing Test Champion, Curveball Champion, Mahjong Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Thanks Aslan, we do have a huge Asian grocery store not far from us. I'll have to get them some more raw to try. I'm not comfortable enough with it yet to feed them nothing but, but I'll try a few raw meals a week to start with to see how it goes.
Baxter doesn't have the sense to chew anything, he just softens it up in his mouth enough to be able to swallow it. Bentley on the other hand loves to chew it up. I'd be afraid of any bones with Baxter, Bentley would be fine.

clm
Old September 25th, 2009, 06:23 PM
-
Asteroids Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Bounce Back Champion, Breakout Champion

lol, these bones i would love to see Baxter try and suck on, they are about a foot and a half long. If your store doesn't have the stuff i know your not hugely far from me, there is one at Browns line and evans that carries all the good stuff.
Old September 25th, 2009, 06:52 PM

I have been giving my puppy and my adult dog some raw chicken wings and meat offcuts sometimes and they love them. Tonight the puppy got the last chicken wing and the smaller half of the beef kidney. Both dogs were in heaven.

Caesar (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - 7 yrs
Sable (Egyptan Mau/DSH X) - 6 yrs
Fluffy (Domestic Long Hair) - 4 yrs
Kali (Calico DSH) - 2 yrs?
Pandora (White Shepherd) - 2 yrs
Loki (Caucasian Ovcharka) - 7 mths
Angelique (Egyptian Mau/DSH X) - November 7, 2002 to May 2008

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all.
It's the best deal man has ever made." -M. Acklam
Old September 25th, 2009, 07:16 PM
-

omg your dog would eat kidney, my one just made a face and the other kept bouncing it like a ball, now any other organ meat they're in heaven.